PULSE Pokemon

Halife

While browsing older threads i saw topics how to beat Tangrowth, Abra and Muk :)

So i thought it might be interesting to know what the base stats of these Pokemons are.

The Pokemon in the screenshots have 31IV and 0EV and a neutral nature in case you want to check for yourself.

Tangrowth(Total 610)

HP:100

Attack:70

Defence:200

Sp. Attack:70

Sp. Defence:160

Speed:10

megagrowth_zps30a05f3f.png

Muk(Total 700)

HP:105

Attack:105

Defence:70

Sp. Attack:130

Sp. Defence:250

Speed:40

megamuk_zps643834a3.png

Abra(Total 650)

HP:25

Attack:20

Defence:115

Sp. Attack:195

Sp. Defence:155

Speed:140

megabra_zps1e7c640f.png

...the only thing that DOESN'T spell out Overpowered as hell is the fact that they're not able to hold items. Still, these are like megas without a turn setup.

actually they are exactly like megas ^^

Imo Muk is the most dangerous of them. He can use his protean ability for his defence....in addition to his sky hight sp.def and his good hp and an acceptable def he is a monster. While he is a tank he can deal crazy dmg thanks to stab....

But i like it, this is how Boss-Pokemons should be ... challenging...

Hey Halife, I haven't had time to make it through my second playthrough yet (the only PULSE poké I've fought is the first Tangrowth in the park), and sometime ago I heard that PULSE pokemon have different types than their regular forms. If it isn't too much, could you tell me if that's true, and so, what types are the ((mega/PULSE/whatever)) Tangrowth, Abra and Muk?

Hey Halife, I haven't had time to make it through my second playthrough yet (the only PULSE poké I've fought is the first Tangrowth in the park), and sometime ago I heard that PULSE pokemon have different types than their regular forms. If it isn't too much, could you tell me if that's true, and so, what types are the ((mega/PULSE/whatever)) Tangrowth, Abra and Muk?

PULSE Tangrowth is Grass/Poison.

PULSE Muk is a Poison type, but it has Protean and will change accordingly.

PULSE Abra is Psychic/Steel.

PULSE Tangrowth is Grass/Poison.

PULSE Muk is a Poison type, but it has Protean and will change accordingly.

PULSE Abra is Psychic/Steel.

Tangrowth is Grass/Poison

Muk is Poison

Abra is Psychic/Steel

Edit: well...Guardian was faster ^^

Thanks both guys. I kinda felt Tangrowth was a poison type, but without a psychic type at that point of the game I couldn't test it.

And for the other two, steel Abra should have guessed on my own, since it has all that, um, knight-ish thing going on....

Sweet lord, Muk with Protean will be a nightmare.

Edited by zimvader42

Thanks both guys. I kinda felt Tangrowth was a poison type, but without a psychic type at that point of the game I couldn't test it.

And for the other two, steel Abra should have guessed on my own, since it has all that, um, knight-ish thing going on....

Sweet lord, Muk with Protean will be a nightmare.

I hope the difficulty stays the same. These changes did good for reborn.

I hope the difficulty stays the same. These changes did good for reborn.

Well for what I can tell, the park Tangrowth was pretty much the same as before-PULSE forms episodes, so it could be said that the difficulty stays the same. Reborn was pretty damn hard already without PULSED pokes, but oh well...

What I'm truly afraid of right now is the PULSE Mr Mime that (I hope) will be in EP 13. If that thing is too strong and it goes from psychic-fairy to psychic-dark or something like that my current team will be dead.

Well for what I can tell, the park Tangrowth was pretty much the same as before-PULSE forms episodes, so it could be said that the difficulty stays the same. Reborn was pretty damn hard already without PULSED pokes, but oh well...

What I'm truly afraid of right now is the PULSE Mr Mime that (I hope) will be in EP 13. If that thing is too strong and it goes from psychic-fairy to psychic-dark or something like that my current team will be dead.

I mean adding the PULSEs increased the difficulty, arguably, so I don't really understand comments about that.

Regardless if you're worried about E13 you still have time to train up new Pokemon for your roster. :]

Scolipede is the solution to this issue.

Ame has altered the difficulty loads recently...

Scolipede is the solution to this issue.

Ame has altered the difficulty loads recently...

I mean adding the PULSEs increased the difficulty, arguably, so I don't really understand comments about that.

Regardless if you're worried about E13 you still have time to train up new Pokemon for your roster. :]

It's true that I have time to grind Guardian, but seriously, a, hmm, level 80 mr mime, with dark as second type, could finish my team in a second. Malamar and Inkay, the only genuine dark/psychic yet, are only weak to bug and fairy, both types that my team does not cover (well there's Mawile but no fairy moves yet if I recall correctly).

But the idea of grinding my Scolipede sounds good. Does it learn good but type moves? I haven't used the poor thing in ages...

Edited by zimvader42

The interesting about these 3 Pokemons is that they are more or less immune against toxic^^(pls don't tell me how to poison them >.<)

Correct me if I'm wrong (and probably am since I don't even remember when or where did I read this) but in gen VI poison types can't be poisoned just like electric types can't be paralyzed, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong (and probably am since I don't even remember when or where did I read this) but in gen VI poison types can't be poisoned just like electric types can't be paralyzed, right?

Not even with powder moves?

Most notably a STAB Megahorn @ 65

Oooh, definitely grinding that guy. Or girl, I think my scolipede was a girl.

Know the only thing left is for that supposed "psychic-dark" PULSE mr mime to actually BE a psychic-dark. I want to see his PULSE sprite so bad...

Not even with powder moves?

That's the thing, I don't remember :/

But I think that just as how electric types can't get paralyzed not even as a secondary effect of non-electric moves, I think I recall seeing or hearing or reading somewhere that poison types can't get poisoned. Again, not sure if this is true, though

Edited by zimvader42

Poison types could never be poisoned across all generations. Same thing with Steel (except in gen 2 where they could be poisoned with Twineedle).

Oh yes I do remember the twineedle thing. The beedrills...

Anyway, thanks for confirming it :D

WAAAIIT i just recognized that the armor of Abra looks like the Armor from Mewtwo O.o

Woooaaah this is siiick O.o

Mewtwo_in_armor.png

source: bulbapedia

Abras that look like Mewtwo when they mega evolve go PULSE??

Something big is coming...

Now now, no double posting please. ~B. Guardian

I believe the only way is to use soak and then poison them.

Does soak add the water type or replace the original type with water? If the later is true, then this can work

EDIT: Bulbapedia says it replaces the original type, so theorically this should work.

Edited by zimvader42

Does soak add the water type or replace the original type with water? If the later is true, then this can work

EDIT: Bulbapedia says it replaces the original type, so theorically this should work.

protean is the only thing that may get in the way or kecleons ability.