Attack on Titan Tribute Game! (Sign-Up/Interest Check)

Arkhi

Maybe i'm just used to, well...being able to pick these kinds of things up quickly and easily. This one...It's hard. It's very hard.

So i found some info on the game and i guess Levi's special is known to be broken...maybe i should use a different character :P

By the way, has anybody ever killed a crawler? I haven't found any possible way yet...if i try to divebomb their neck, they jump and eat me. If i am on the ground anywhere near them, they outrun and eat me. I tried going for them right after they jump but their delay is nothing like the ones that do the body slam; it's near-instant. Perhaps with another person as a distraction it'd be easy but with this thing sconstantly going after me, i can't seem to find a way to kill it.

Edited by chuckles

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Initiating session just cuz i can't stop playing lol

Server name - Rebrn

Location - US

Map - Forest

Time - Night

Server Time - 99

Max players - 8

Difficulty - Normal

Attend if you wish, i'l just leave this open now.]

(EDIT: Session is over, i'd have put this here sooner but my internet went troublesome again =/ hope it didn't cause any trouble.)

Edited by Telos

Opening another server just because i'l be online for a while in case anyone wants to join, feel free to drop any questions you have here btw if you're just starting out.

Server name - Rebrn

Location - US

Map - Forest

Time - Night

Server Time - 99

Max players - 8

Difficulty - Normal

I'm not really in a good mood. These titans will be destroyed.

I think i have gotten a lot better now, i've been doing online matches, i usually have a K/D around 10-12. I use Sasha now, her special is not an attack but instead she eats a potato and gets around 4x movement speed for like 10 seconds. Great for baiting titans and getting around them, or just closing the distance without needing to swing around.

I find that one of the most useful tactics is to hook into a titan's forehead and hover a bit above them...they will try to grab you but if you stay out of reach and hook into the back of their neck, you can swing right into it and cut them down. It's fast and simple but just make sure you either go really fast or stay high because they could still grab ya.

Still having loads of trouble with crawlers though.

Edited by chuckles

She dont eat a potato

she whistles

goshdarnit people Sasha came from a hunting background she is a badass and not just potato girl >=(

just pls

read this (no spoilers, but I dont recommend reading the blog unless your aight with some major spoilers)

http://snk-theories.tumblr.com/post/62758295356/can-we-talk-about-sasha-though

Edited by Alatreon

She dont eat a potato

she whistles

goshdarnit people Sasha came from a hunting background she is a badass and not just potato girl >=(

just pls

read this (no spoilers, but I dont recommend reading the blog unless your aight with some major spoilers)

http://snk-theories.tumblr.com/post/62758295356/can-we-talk-about-sasha-though

That is not a whistling motion...that is an eating motion. I looked it up though too. Regardless, she is most definitely a badass

That's interesting and awesome, i wonder what else people could kill titans with. Fingers crossed for exploding titan heads.

Edited by chuckles

So... besides wondering if any of you still do this... Check this out.

If you've already seen a video like this, then you'll know what it's about, but I didn't even think it was possible to be this good.

I do most of that often...lol I remember i actually learned to fly at a titan's neck from far away to kill them that way before I got any good with the maneuver gear. Getting those side-swipe kills is hard though, I usually just go for a head-on kill. Especially since they can often turn just a little and then you can't get that bit of their neck. A lot of people though, I have noticed, tend to hook into a titans neck, spin around their face really fast, expend a ridiculous amount of steam, and then kill the thing after a while. It seems like they are just being flashy, it isn't very time-efficient and it's a bit dangerous.

When you want to get the most kills out of a bunch of people in one map, you need to learn to get around the titan, fly at its neck and slash, and then move on to the next. Quick and clean, no flashy ridiculous spinning and very little steam use. After a good many hours in the forest taking down titans in such a way and keeping above the competition, I'm happy with my style. Still though...i'm pretty bad with crawlers. I have found that I can kill them easily if I can get them to stop or at least slow down, and I can land on their backs. The main problem is that the small ones are still very fast but landing on their back is much harder, especially while they are moving, which is almost always. I can perform a swooping or diving kill on a normal titan easily at this point, but the kill with a crawler must ALWAYS be vertical unless you get them during a jump, which I have never seen anybody successfully do...so it's hard, for me at least. I could maybe switch to a character with a vertical special attack, but I would lose my precious Sasha Speed, which I use for many strategies when killing titans (and also she can outrun a crawler which is great to help teammates so they can kill it while you are...uh, bait.)

So... besides wondering if any of you still do this... Check this out.

If you've already seen a video like this, then you'll know what it's about, but I didn't even think it was possible to be this good.

That's insane, what the hell even...

I do most of that often...lol I remember i actually learned to fly at a titan's neck from far away to kill them that way before I got any good with the maneuver gear. Getting those side-swipe kills is hard though, I usually just go for a head-on kill. Especially since they can often turn just a little and then you can't get that bit of their neck. A lot of people though, I have noticed, tend to hook into a titans neck, spin around their face really fast, expend a ridiculous amount of steam, and then kill the thing after a while. It seems like they are just being flashy, it isn't very time-efficient and it's a bit dangerous.

When you want to get the most kills out of a bunch of people in one map, you need to learn to get around the titan, fly at its neck and slash, and then move on to the next. Quick and clean, no flashy ridiculous spinning and very little steam use. After a good many hours in the forest taking down titans in such a way and keeping above the competition, I'm happy with my style. Still though...i'm pretty bad with crawlers. I have found that I can kill them easily if I can get them to stop or at least slow down, and I can land on their backs. The main problem is that the small ones are still very fast but landing on their back is much harder, especially while they are moving, which is almost always. I can perform a swooping or diving kill on a normal titan easily at this point, but the kill with a crawler must ALWAYS be vertical unless you get them during a jump, which I have never seen anybody successfully do...so it's hard, for me at least. I could maybe switch to a character with a vertical special attack, but I would lose my precious Sasha Speed, which I use for many strategies when killing titans (and also she can outrun a crawler which is great to help teammates so they can kill it while you are...uh, bait.)

You... get 1000+ kills very often? You say you're new so if you are being srs I'm impressed. Also people go for special spin kills because it gives more points. If you do a normal attack and a special attack at the same speed in the same area the special attack will do more damage. If your special does damage, obviously.

About the spinning around the head - it's people failing at using the Swing maneuver where you hook a titan around the mid-face region, go into the air and fly past, but when you reach it, manually dual hook and it gives you the right trajectory to get into their nape of the neck. Fail it and you just fly around in circles. And I have to ask; why be afraid of using gas? There's refill and it's pretty silly to me at least to not check your gas often /make sure you're not going to run out.

Really for me I just outmaneuver titan's or nor let them notice me. A titan that hasn't noticed you cant really do much when I've got them hooked and spun up their neck. Like seriously, just try to not let them notice you and it gets a lot easier. Still room to fuck up though. Usually I just get behind, dual hook around the middle of their back and kill them easily. Or dual hook around the tip of their head, fly over them and they usually try to grab you but you're long gone. Then you're behind them, they're trying to grab nothing, and you have the time to kill them. Or use dodge.

Not enough people use dodge. Especially vs Aberrants. When they go to belly flop just lol dodge and get behind them, WAIT FOR THEM TO GET UP, then when they are standing still for a second after belly flopping, go for the kill. It's too awkward to go for a kill when they're on the ground unless you're Mikasa and if you fail you're right in front of it in it's attack range.

Edited by Alatreon

There's too much yo-yoing. I believe that's the term most people use for swinging around the neck very fast using gas. It's inefficient and time-consuming, as has been stated.

Typically, I use two methods to take down normal Titans: DFA (an overhead slash) and the equator cut, which is swinging around perfectly to the nape. I still need methods for Aberrants, though. Dodging their belly flop takes a while.
And Crawlers? Haha.. cri evertim

Edit:
Hosting a game!
Outside the Walls (Make sure to update your game. Ctrl+F5)

Day

Normal

US

10 Players

Server Time 99

Rebrn

Password: reborn

Let's try this new game mode!

You... get 1000+ kills very often? You say you're new so if you are being srs I'm impressed. Also people go for special spin kills because it gives more points. If you do a normal attack and a special attack at the same speed in the same area the special attack will do more damage. If your special does damage, obviously.

About the spinning around the head - it's people failing at using the Swing maneuver where you hook a titan around the mid-face region, go into the air and fly past, but when you reach it, manually dual hook and it gives you the right trajectory to get into their nape of the neck. Fail it and you just fly around in circles. And I have to ask; why be afraid of using gas? There's refill and it's pretty silly to me at least to not check your gas often /make sure you're not going to run out.

Really for me I just outmaneuver titan's or nor let them notice me. A titan that hasn't noticed you cant really do much when I've got them hooked and spun up their neck. Like seriously, just try to not let them notice you and it gets a lot easier. Still room to fuck up though. Usually I just get behind, dual hook around the middle of their back and kill them easily. Or dual hook around the tip of their head, fly over them and they usually try to grab you but you're long gone. Then you're behind them, they're trying to grab nothing, and you have the time to kill them. Or use dodge.

Not enough people use dodge. Especially vs Aberrants. When they go to belly flop just lol dodge and get behind them, WAIT FOR THEM TO GET UP, then when they are standing still for a second after belly flopping, go for the kill. It's too awkward to go for a kill when they're on the ground unless you're Mikasa and if you fail you're right in front of it in it's attack range.

I get 1000+ kills but not all the time...although i don't think that was the point because even from that video it's not like it showed one clip of 15 in a row, he probably doesn't get them that often, he just took the ones he gets and put them together on video. I was talking more about the kills themselves. I've seen people get like 1800 though and i've never hit that high, I think it's probably random to an extent. I mean the way you kill them matters but if ya kill them the same way with the same speed and everything you won't always get the same score.

Hosting one myself now, dunno what color the name ended up being but it is Rebrn as well. it isn't white though so it should be noticable. Doing outside the walls because why not.

HOW DO YOU RIDE THE HORSE...just jump on it :P

Ok so i closed the session because...well, i apparently became stuck in a glitch where every titan kill resets the game. Which makes it annoying.

I will reopen it but in the same place, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

So apparently, every time you kill all the titans, it resets and every titan you kill makes you win. I don't think this is random i think it will happen always. Remaking lobby in trost 1.

Edited by chuckles

I get 1000+ kills but not all the time...although i don't think that was the point because even from that video it's not like it showed one clip of 15 in a row, he probably doesn't get them that often, he just took the ones he gets and put them together on video.

Actually, if you look in the chat box at a lot of the parts, you can see notifications of multiple hits over 1000 by him in the same game. Either way, I've never hit over 1000, but got very close today while playing with a friend. My new high score hit, 956. :P You can see it under my highest hit section.

nz2e4i.jpg

Well, I now feel ready to do a session with you guys sometime. I can at least kill titans pretty consistently now. IGN is Fluxator.

Edit: By the way, did they remove Eren's (Storyline spoiler for anyone who may chance upon this thread and doesn't know yet)

titan transformation ability?

Or how are you supposed to do that now?

Edited by Flux

It used to be right-click I know... But now he has that spin move. I never really used it except to get rid of crawlers because it was OP, but I don't think you can right-click anymore? The cooldown circle doesn't show it anymore either.