Pokemon Reborn for Macs!

Tacos

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been playing Pokemon Reborn on macs since episode 10 and I've always found smooth and simple solutions, but there's something that changed recently and I'm not sure what happened.

So I changed computers a few months ago, and sent my files over to this computer from my old one through dropbox. When I started playing, I couldn't load my Game.rxdata file. I could only start a new game, so I did. Something interesting to note is that, all versions of Pokemon Reborn that I have will open the same game and I don't have to move any files. Each version has its own folder but they all can save and load the same game.

Game.rxdata files I have are completely ignored when I open Pokemon Reborn through Wine, no matter what version of Pokemon Reborn, or where the Game.rxdata files are. I have no idea where the game I'm playing now is held, and there is no Game.rxdata file in my Episode 15 folder, where I am currently playing. I'd like to know where to find the save file so I can protect it, as well as make a backup. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Hi,

So I started Reborn last night with Wine and saved in game, but when I tried accessing the file today I received a message stating "There is no application set to open the document "Game.rxdata". Is it simply because Wine hasn't updated yet?

You open the game with game.exe not game.rxdata. It says that there is no application set to open it because it isn't meant to be opened.

So I've been playing Pokemon Reborn on macs since episode 10 and I've always found smooth and simple solutions, but there's something that changed recently and I'm not sure what happened.

So I changed computers a few months ago, and sent my files over to this computer from my old one through dropbox. When I started playing, I couldn't load my Game.rxdata file. I could only start a new game, so I did. Something interesting to note is that, all versions of Pokemon Reborn that I have will open the same game and I don't have to move any files. Each version has its own folder but they all can save and load the same game.

Game.rxdata files I have are completely ignored when I open Pokemon Reborn through Wine, no matter what version of Pokemon Reborn, or where the Game.rxdata files are. I have no idea where the game I'm playing now is held, and there is no Game.rxdata file in my Episode 15 folder, where I am currently playing. I'd like to know where to find the save file so I can protect it, as well as make a backup. Does this make any sense to anyone?

What version of wine are you using? If you're using 1.7.37., then it is located here:

C:\users\[your username here]\Saved Games\Pokemon Reborn

You open the game with game.exe not game.rxdata. It says that there is no application set to open it because it isn't meant to be opened.

What version of wine are you using? If you're using 1.7.37., then it is located here:

C:\users\[your username here]\Saved Games\Pokemon Reborn

I'm using 1.6.1

You can't get to your Wine Files directly from Finder? Because that's where I open it from and I can freely move any files wherever I want from it. Try it, and if you can, move that game.rxdata to your Reborn folder since you're using 1.6.1., right?

I can get to it through finder, I just didn't try it that way before. Moving the Game.rxdata to the reborn folder doesn't work. The game acts as though there is no save file. All it means is that I'd have to move my file around from the save games folder in wine files.

I am having a problem that when I try to lunch the game it is just black, for me it never asked to install the fonts. I am wondering where I messed up?

Do you know where your wine prefix is located? Because it's possible that it might not be in an optimal location.

Now that I know where the file is, its not so much a problem. Is there anything I should know about downloading a new version? Just wanna make sure it doesn't wipe my saves or something

Normally if you're using 1.6.1, you would have to move the file to the new folder, but if you have 1.7.37., you shouldn't have to move it.

This is an awesome guide. I found it quite helpful to move my save file from my Windows laptop to my Mac.

Though, has anyone else noticed how the game kinda lags a bit more on Mac than on PC? Or is it just me?

Well, considering use of another application is required to run the game, it's bound to be a bit laggier. Not by much though. The game lags in general, but should only lag slightly more on Mac.

Well, considering use of another application is required to run the game, it's bound to be a bit laggier. Not by much though. The game lags in general, but should only lag slightly more on Mac.

Tis is true, but I guess in the double battles with all the weather and stat drops that happen or getting buffeted by the weather, it just became too much. I actually downloaded a trial version of Parallels which runs for 14 days so that I can run Reborn in a Windows setting on my Mac because it got kinda annoying to deal with the crashes. I think it might just be my Mac being a bit of an older model (early 2011 Macbook Pro 13 inch, 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 processor), but not much I can do about that.

Tis is true, but I guess in the double battles with all the weather and stat drops that happen or getting buffeted by the weather, it just became too much. I actually downloaded a trial version of Parallels which runs for 14 days so that I can run Reborn in a Windows setting on my Mac because it got kinda annoying to deal with the crashes. I think it might just be my Mac being a bit of an older model (early 2011 Macbook Pro 13 inch, 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 processor), but not much I can do about that.

I would say your computer's got something to do with it too. I've never had it be too much of an issue for me and mine is a 2013 Macbook Pro.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...