Fixed Set Reborn Challenge Run

Yash

So i read Jericho's post on some topic about hacking and using a team of the same type as a gymleader.. It got me thinking of another idea..A fixed team.. for the entire playthrough.. The basic idea is that you ask people to suggest a team for you and you use only that team from the start.. You can change the moves etc. of the pokemon as much as you like but you cannot change the 6 pokemon.. Evolution is allowed though.. and one HM slave..

For example if I were to suggest a team for Cepheus it would be an eeveelution team.

Jolteon

Umbreon

Vaporeon

Sylveon

Flareon

Espeon

The idea is to start with 6 eevees and the 3 required element stones and as many happiness berries as needed(if someone can give an exact figure it would be appreciated).. that way theres the option of evolving the pokemon whenever required..

So any suggestions for this would be nice.. also ways to make the challenge more fun..

Maybe something like

Like no repeating the pokemon

No legendary/pseudo legendary pokemon

No starters

No fully evolved pokemon

PS: Not sure if this is the right place for this, so if it needs to be moved could somebody put it in the correct place.. thanks.. :)

well, pretty sure eevee team is very powerful indeed when using Baton Pass team, and a well-balanced build already (you got tanker in both sides, sweeper in both sides, and good ability to support and sweep). I really want to get this team gpo through Reborn from start, but...I know nothing about some "illegal" ways to get them. So Jericho or someone can done it for you (if they got free time >_<). But nice suggestion indeed :)

Hmm i have an idea for a team:

Use the 6 slowest Pokemon (fully evolved of course), that means Shuckle, Torkoal, Escavalier, Ferrothorn, Gigalith and Avalugg (no Trick Room though ^_^)

Hmm i have an idea for a team:

Use the 6 slowest Pokemon (fully evolved of course), that means Shuckle, Torkoal, Escavalier, Ferrothorn, Gigalith and Avalugg (no Trick Room though ^_^)

no ferrothorn plz, or else nothing except fire can stop him -__-, too OP

i can do the hacking myself for you guten.. let me know if you are interested. was just putting it up for anybody interested in the challenge..

i like the idea about the slow 6 as well.. however incase people don't like eevees/slow pokemon if some suggestions about randomized teams can be made it would be appreciated..

another variation is to allow 2 substitutions.. in such a case you start with 8 pokemon + HM slave.. and anytime during your run you can switch out any of your 2 pokemon with 2 in the box.. however those that are switched out have to be released.. so in the eeveelution case we can keep glaceon and leafeon in the box to be switched in later..

No HM slaves. I actually hate that word now unless i'm talking to Bibs

If you want an idea for a fixed team, then use a team where the 6 pokes are all the same color.

Like: Pick 6 blue pokes

List of pokes by color: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_color

I think that'd be pretty cool.

And yes Cepheus, you need dem eevees team.

I already tried an eeveelution team and tbh it is not rly a challange since they are all good. Also you don't need a HM slave if you know how to change some scripts in reborn. I made the player do all the cutting and smashing :P

've just try eevee team with Luna and then Samson :v :v. They work FLAWLESS together. Acid Armor, then Calm Mind, even some Agility if you want, both using with substitue from Vaporeon (oh gosh, nothing can kill its sub with 1 hit with a few boost-except for critical, and the combo rain dance and Hydration + Rest works perfect!). Then when Vaporeon Baton Pass to Espeon or Jolteon- it's all over. Stored Power got almost 300 atk power when battle with Samson, and Jolteon can OHKO anything with it +4 Discharge and a bunch of defensive stats boost. Honchkrow's Brave Bird took away...10% Jol's HP- ridiculous!! Really want to know how this team deal with early game when we can't breed Wish for them yet. Anyone can start this idea?? 6 eevees seem a little bit stupid, but when they got their designed-movesets, nothing can stand in them (trust me, the AI is not smart enough to use Taunt or Perish Song)

BATON PASS RULEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HEAR PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT EEVEES AND I'M VERY EXCITED! I would love to try something like this...Having all dem Eevees from the start^-^ It'd be kinda like my challenge of the Reborn League...Except I would have more Eevees...and a lot more battles to go through(AND PUZZLES). Heck, if you didn't have to wait so long to get all the Eevees...I'd already be using an Eevee team in the game(I don't like grinding THAT much, which I would have to do because I would have to raise all these Eevees from level 1, to whatever level I would have to be to have a chance at moving on....).

But yeah, a fixed team challenge sounds like it would be interesting(Though I usually have a set team by the time I'm halfway through any of the normal gamesXD)

why hasn't anyone said about this: semi-legendary team?????

do i really need to write their names??

(okay maybe there are more than 6 semi legends, but hey, we have some spare slots in PC to change if you want :v :v)

the whole point is not to change.. choose 6 and stick with them.. though i personally wouldn't use a semi legendary team... i find it more fun to play with regular pokemon..

Got another one:

The Crazy-Cat-Lady (character must be female)

Meowth/Persian

Skitty/Delcatty

Shinx/Luxio/Luxray

Glameow/Purugly

Purrloin/Liepard

Espurr/Meowstic

I so totally would do this. I'm not kidding. Dual Screens from Meowstic + Prankster Liepard disruption would be so much fun. And that's just accounting for those two.

Then again I'd probably do a team of six Meowstic if I thought that didn't sound like a really bad idea so this can't be much of a surprise

Then again I'd probably do a team of six Meowstic if I thought that didn't sound like a really bad idea so this can't be much of a surprise

I saw your status thing, and then i looked at this topic and that ^ just came to my mind.

The Lost Lore challenge:

Meowstic

Meowstic

Meowstic

Meowstic

Sneasel... Kidding, Meowstic

The random Espurr

That'd be an awesome challenge... yesh...

Hey could you guys help me out with this eeveelutions team?? Im gonna try running through reborn with just the 8 eeveelutions.. So far i've thought about making this my final team.. any suggestions??

Espeon (252 spatk, 252 spd, 4 hp)
Protect
Signal Beam
Wish
Psychic
Vaporeon (252 hp, 252 spatk, 4 spdef)
Wish
Scald
Protect
Ice Beam
Jolteon (252 spd, 252 spatk, 4 spdef)
Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Shadow Ball
Volt Switch
Flareon (252 atk, 252 spatk, 4 spdef)
Flamethrower
Dig
Will-O-Wisp
Iron Tail
Sylveon (252 spatk, 252 spdef, 4 spd)
Moonblast
HP Ground
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Umbreon (252 def, 252 spdef, 4 hp)
Payback
HP Poison
Protect
Wish
Glaceon (252 spatk, 128 def, 128 spdef)
Ice Beam
Yawn
Protect
HP Flying
Leafeon (252 atk, 252 def, 4 spd)
Leaf Blade
Synthesis
Toxic
Protect

People Suggest 1 for me please :)

You have Chandelure in your avatar.

Make a team of 6 pokes that don't remember anything related to an animal or something.

example: You can use Cofagrigus (It's a coffin), but not Torterra (Cuz it resembles a Tortoise to an extent).

That'd be interesting maybe...

People Suggest 1 for me please :)

How about one from each gen that changes/has multiple forms??

Ditto

Unknown

Castform

Rotom

Darmanitan

Aegislash

Edited by Aquibex