Mega Swampert / Sceptile confirmed

Nefalem

^Whose Rotom's gonna stay in against M-Sceptile anyway? Or any grass type for that matter?

Remember, it has to Mega-evolve first so the chances of him exploiting a Lightning Rod boost is very small. Hell, the opponent could predict the switch to M-Sceptile, since it'd be an easily telegraphed bait switch.

I'm not liking Lightning Rod on it at all. Although, I can't deny T-wave immunity is nice.

A Rotom Frost whit a focus sash, perhap just for the sake of killing it? Whimsicott, since resist both of Sceptile attacks and has Prankster. Or Ferrothorn.

And your right on the switch, but the opponent might use that for his advantage

About Mega Sceptile owning Mega Swampert it will depend on their new speed stats. If you have rain up Mega Swampy may outspeed and kill with Ice Punch.

By the way, anyone already thought of possible move sets for them with these new abilities?

Edited by Notus

^Whose Rotom's gonna stay in against M-Sceptile anyway? Or any grass type for that matter?

If it's a scarfed Rotom with Ice Beam, Absolutely, but those are uncommon. Usually if they're scarfed they run trick as well, but it could still be used to deal with Mega Sceptile rather easily though.

About Mega Sceptile owning Mega Swampert it will depend on their new speed stats. If you have rain up Mega Swampy may outspeed and kill with Ice Punch.

By the way, anyone already thought of possible move sets for them with these new abilities?

Well it'd be nice is Sceptile could somehow end up learning Draco, but since it's normal form isn't Dragon, It's unlikely.

At this point based on X and Y Movepools. And assuming Move Tutors somehow make a return.

Dragon Pulse

Leaf Storm

Giga Drain (Or Energy Ball)

HP Rock (Covers 3 weaknesses Flying, Bug, and Ice)

Unfortunately Sceptile doesn't currently have a wide variety of Special Attacks, the only other one worth noting really would be Focus Blast.

A Rotom Frost whit a focus sash, perhap just for the sake of killing it? Whimsicott, since resist both of Sceptile attacks and has Prankster. Or Ferrothorn.

And your right on the switch, but the opponent might use that for his advantage

Yeah, Whimsicott is gonna block him for sure, unless he gets Sludge Bomb or runs an HP >_>. He has the moves for it too, U-turn, Hurricane, and the obvious Fairy moves, though denting M-Scept with those stats is gonna be difficult.

If it's a scarfed Rotom with Ice Beam, Absolutely, but those are uncommon. Usually if they're scarfed they run trick as well, but it could still be used to deal with Mega Sceptile rather easily though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you referring to Rotom-F with Blizzard? Because Rotom doesn't get Ice Beam. Also what we're talking about is a Rotom-W counter since Scept blocks his STABs, unless you mean Rotom-W w/ HP Ice.

On another note, M-Sableye confirmed!! =D

Edited by Cuddlesworth

I'm thinking something like Earthquake, Waterfall, Ice Punch, and Rain Dance/Stealth Rock for mega Swampert. I don't feel like it needs any additional coverage after the first 3 moves. Maybe Power Up Punch though.

The main walls that this guy's going to encounter are Ferrothorn and Skarmory I guess. So Power Up Punch could be useful to get a bit more damage in on your second hit after they switch in. Assuming it's possible to follow up with an Earthquake and take out Ferrothorn. Otherwise he'll be running like... a scared... thing.

Edited by Sheep93

Thing on Mega Sableye. Taken from Serebii:

"It is confirmed that Mega Sableye retains its Dark/Ghost-type, but rather than keep any of the abilities, it gets the ability Magic Bounce. It has increased Defense and Special Attack stats, but decreased Speed"

Hmm... y no special defense increase?

You're right... When I read that I read increased defence and special defence stats. Probably 'cause that's what I wanted/expected to read. Well, I guess mega Sableye is just going to be a fantastic physical wall. High defence, will-o-wisp, recover, immunity to status, lack of common powerful physical weaknesses. It won't be the mixed wall that people were expecting though. With the new role it'll play though, it should see some use over its ordinary form in teams that want a good physical wall.

Dunno why they gave it increased special attack, it starts at 65. They can give it 40 of it's 100 points and it'll only be good. Still, I guess shadow ball/dark pulse will give it something to do when it isn't burning things or getting it's health back.

On the plus side, magic bounce drops Sableye's reliance on priority taunt as it now can't be taunted.

Edited by Sheep93

You're right... When I read that I read increased defence and special defence stats. Probably 'cause that's what I wanted/expected to read. Well, I guess mega Sableye is just going to be a fantastic physical wall. High defence, will-o-wisp, recover, immunity to status, lack of common powerful physical weaknesses. It won't be the mixed wall that people were expecting though. With the new role it'll play though, it should see some use over its ordinary form in teams that want a good physical wall.

I'm pretty sure no one was expecting Magic Bounce though. Yes, it's probably going to be a good wall.

But:

On the plus side, magic bounce drops Sableye's reliance on priority taunt as it now can't be taunted.

Well, since abilities don't come in effect on the turn that you Mega Evolve, it requires a bit of prediction or you're just going to get Taunted.

You can always switch though, so whatever.

At the same time, on the turn that Sableye mega evolves, he still has the old ability (Prankster... or Stall), so yeah...

Mega Sableye looks pretty "interesting" on paper. I really want to see what Sableye can do in battle ^_^

Well, since abilities don't come in effect on the turn that you Mega Evolve, it requires a bit of prediction or you're just going to get Taunted.

You can always switch though, so whatever.

I get the feeling that in the majority of cases the opponent's going to be too busy running from your prankster will-o-wisp to taunt you. You've really just gotta bring it in at the right moment.

• Veterans

Why are you talking about mega gyrados?

Are You actually gonna buy a 3ds tempest or are you gunna Chicken out :feelsgn:

and Besides its Near Guaranteed we will be seeing mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo

And I Swear i Want my mega Goodra:)(probs never gunna happen but hey you never know)

I Want Mega Claydol though i like claydolls

Are You actually goa buy a 3ds tempest or are you gunna Chicken out :feelsgn:

What that has to do with anything?

EDIT: Smart move Azery...*slow clap*

Mega-Swampert? More like Mega-Shrimp!

Mega Swampert looks pretty awesome imo. It looks like he skipped leg day though.

Edited by Vinny