Murkrow family:

FZbPElX.pngIKn8XXx.png

7z77Jj1.pngF5p5mxn.png

Furret family ( Cassandra ) :

gnjwJaF.pngpr3jCvM.png

RACxB3w.pngp2njTlh.png

Yanma:

D7Y9CBI.pngLaKrkhx.png

This concludes all 2nd Gen. Credits goess to McMc, Jacze, Bazaro and ProfessionalAmateur and me :) Thanks for your help.

Litlle Add-on is singing you the song of his people: ( Pkm Ranger )

5EN65hq.pngmSwhTYd.png

Edited by Nefalem

This is probably me being picky, but the back sprite of Murkrow doesn't have the black outline that the front does. It bugs me more so than anything else. That being said, everything else does look awesome. Houndour family looks great.

Also, a small small detail in Honchkrow, On the front sprite the eye looks blue, on the backsprite the eye looks red.

I should be able to help more with Gen 3, I've been out of town for about 4-5 days now. I'll be back Sunday.

Edited by McMc

• Administrators

Going to do this page by page in separate posts so I might have some overlap but I don't want to risk hitting image limits and all that

TRxWZrX.pngRDY7SZi.png

BIDdxxe.png0QzuaNW.png

VBzwpKG.pngsTLt1eh.png

Shukle from the Anime:

Octillery line:

Pi6qG2F.pngboWgNu7.png

IE1jz6W.pngnqbIyMH.png

Delibird ( requested Link ) :

1UBvS7o.pngLfh3bZW.png

Hounds of Doom:

AWLryv9.pngNegHrgF.png

Chikori line- The best part about this concept is on Meganium, how brightly it flowers outwards. We could try to emphasize that in the intended poinsetta theme with a green-red gradient, or we could maybe try some kind of Cherry Blossom-like appearance to focus on that vivid pink.

Octillery and Remoraid were inteded to be a full colour reversal; currently they have awkward lingering other colours

Delibird is pretty good but the darker shade of green is inconsistent between the two. It's much darker on the front than the back, and too much so either way. So let's meet in the middle for both of those

In Raikou's white markings on the sides of its legs, it has some pixel spots that serve to transition the marking to the normal fur. For whatever reason, currently these are black wheras they should e a shade in between the marking and the fur.

Miltank- I think there are some instances in this Miltank version where the outline is lost in the surrounding colors because of the shade difference, but otherwise good

Deep Sea style:

bxMtZJp.pngmojhjAu.png

IT9rkMo.pngta9GlYi.png

If we're going to go to go with something like this, these black shade should be lighter so as to express a clear conntrash between the outline still.

Ferligator line ( not grey and white pls ) :

OKe0QgR.pngqYPzWDR.png

g3s6Ipj.pngiWVCzBY.png

DCBM3jP.pngv6TqIHb.png

No Godzilla? But I really like that grey feraligatr... Then again, we certainly have enough monochromatic pokemon already. Do others have a preference?

Not really natural colors hmm ..

Ledian line:

n0xIU2I.pngmLXet5R.png

mZwuevb.pngpsN2ctT.png

With Ledyba's back, there are blending pixels around the edge of each spot which should gade it into the black using a colour inbetween the red and the black. However, right now those blending pixels are actually an even brighter red. I also think we would make the brightness of these things spots a little higher too.

to be continued

• Administrators

Girafarig ( Now his Tail looks like Pac-Man ) :

2grrzsx.pngrfkWr89.png

Azurill line ( Blissey palette ) :

CYo8PDl.pngGQF75VA.png

TAVZmGo.png0fufhds.png

aLcaZl0.png9XSy3bt.png

Girafarig- I like where this is going. Let's clean up the outline around the tail and hind legs though- it's a bit disjointed between the dark black and the relatively light dark shade of yellow, which could be darker.Just smooth out the outline and it should be good.

Azumarill line- this is much much better than the other, but let's make the pink just a little darker and more vivid and call it a day

bHR37nu.pngbz00qX4.png

To match the tones that it can possibly evolve into, I would say take down the saturation of the pants a lot, and lighten the body

Vinny:

K4DMiMw.pngPDGAJy1.png

If anything, I would prefer the clothes to be darker and the body to be lighter. We could keep these colours, but try that? The reason is that the player eye is going to be drawn to what pops, so that should be the Pokemon's face and such rather than its feet and uh... crotchbody

• Administrators

2nd try

Redkernv2_zpsb21a89da.pngRedkernBackv2_zpsdfeb95c2.png

Sunflora is looking good, but I agree with the saturation issue that was mentioned before. I would actually take the saturation out of the lighter shade here, rather than add it to the dark, however.

Phanpy family:

2CA7u42.png5SkP4NW.png

QbUGAoE.pngjNPHFpk.png

The almighty Wobuffet:

M0lpSKP.pngfVujfG9.png

Dunsparce:

fWMaTgN.pnghoPwVi7.png

Snubull family:

rJNMG6r.pngaBE85W5.png

CfslQcZ.pngYKjFqpQ.png

Sudowoodo ( I admit it looks a bit weird but this Pokemon is weird. So I got that going for it, which is nice ) :D

nEiaRw8.pngufjzYJ4.png

Skarmory:

YKuH50B.png03Eos97.png

With red mouth:

2emPZV3.png

Phanpy- Let's switch the dark and light greys here?

Donphan- It was an experiment and it failed. New concept. We could do a strongly expressed black/white instead of just two shades of grey, or does anyone else have ideas?

Wobbuffet- The inside of its mouth doesn't need to be blue, grey is fine

Dunsparce- This is kind of a stuffy concept. I'd like to see how it does with multicolor thing mentioned in the first place instead of the brown

Snubbull- let's make those pink spots white

Sudowoodo- sure is nice to phtosynthesize isnt it? but the dark shad eof the body is way too dark. bring that up a bit. Also, we can make each of its three leaf-finger things a slightly different colour, moving towards the golden shades on its body

Skarmory- ok idk what i wanted but we should find something else because this is way too similar to normal

OLLSo2S.png2Jy1YQm.png

XNZM3Xr.pngNrSL0xD.png

Can we increase the lightness of the bright shade of this and bring the second shade up to match, just a bit? The goal is to help the faces stand out a bit better.

Wouldn't match Togetic..

Hoppip family:

XZ5z2dU.pngPKAufo9.png

QQU2FHi.pngAQOFWTV.png

3E5OFYp.pngrsCqus3.png

Misdreavous family:

kl9CTKJ.pngO4qIeri.png

Ln90zXY.pngdLJc06n.png

Corsola:

bxqYCfg.pngGDJqLwg.png

Pichu:

bkPx4DT.png5dyNYw6.png

Stantler:

Cz2yp8m.pngRSdcT8w.png

Houndoom family:

h1vVzj2.png9rikEaH.png

n7z9rrC.pngYwmNWOf.png

Aipom family:

NbN2QGa.pngv5dR7Hx.png

wmBp9sv.pngTQJcP1v.png

Qwilfish:

Hoppip is good except the eyes, They need to be dark enough to stand out

Skiploom-- well, I was going to say green with yellow top instead but as it turns out, that's the original

Jumpluff- I don't think we need the red. Let's have the body green and keep the fluffbums white. That's the technical term, by the way: fluffbum. But the logic here is that's what dandelions do.

Misdreavus- The execution here isn't perfect, but let's try a different thing instead- black body white tips. Don't be afraid to use a grey to blend them. There's actually a Mismagius themed coat in our sprite shop that does this, so reference that if necessary. Or, pull from one of colour variants of that coat if you want to try those out and see how they look

Corsola- Green/brown is too earthy for Corsola I think. I'd still like to see like a darkblue top/light teal bottom or visa versa

Pichu- Let's keep Pichu to being grey, the red is way too intense for a little baby

Stantler- The saturation is really weird between the shades here so they look a little off. Can these be evened out?

Houndline- Idk. I don't like it, which I think is the concept more than anything. Anyone have a different idea?

Aipom- Let's try moving the lighter bits of it (like the belly) and such to be the same yellowish colour that nonshiny Aipom has. I think that'll contrast against the brown better

Now for a fan favourite, Sir Scizor!

blMZGfn.pngvpT1uGw.png

sdmu9O8.pngDY7E2P4.png

Females on top, males on bottom.

I think we can safely increase the contrast here- lights lighter, darks darker, on the grey parts. High contrast helps with giving it a chrome appearance. As for the other bits, I hadn't imagined there would be actual colours in it, and while I don't mind, I'm not sure these are the best we can do. I think I would want to bring back the dark red- maybe magenta toned for females and closer to orange for males?

Well done. The darkest grey could be a bit darker .. slightly ..

The Sneasel ( Schnitzel ) Project:

Hopefully Vinny will be pleased.

l1tunan.pngJ2rUfP1.png

Tiy6j76.pngzLcruqB.png

I would say lighten these just a bit, particularly the red, and then increase the contrast of the red sections. Right now they're kind of flat.

Murkrow family:

FZbPElX.pngIKn8XXx.png

7z77Jj1.pngF5p5mxn.png

Furret family ( Cassandra ) :

gnjwJaF.pngpr3jCvM.png

RACxB3w.pngp2njTlh.png

Murkrow- I should have been more specific- I don't think Murkrow will work being majorly anything other than black, so keep the body black, but make the claws and such red. For Honchkrow, let's try this. The beak stays red from its prevolution, and the white part becomes some related shade like a pink or grey. Then the bits that are currently blue, go white. It's basically already black and red so we're shuffling colours around. No idea how that's actually going to look, but let's give it a go because yolo. Murkrow itself should be pretty straightforward though.

Sentret/Furret- Maybe lighten up on the blacks a bit; right now they contrast too strongly

Raikou:

AAyHgKB.pngQHylQqU.png

Remoraid line ( not surprised that it looks fucking ugly ) ,. I like my older concept. Sry Ame.

8LldbQD.pngkMosb0V.png

X9upUXG.pngjQnLNSz.png

Delibird:

m04KqNI.pngrPtk6Mi.png

Miltank:

H8ZRNL7.pngYoze72a.png

Lampi line ( lightened to Body 2 stages each grey ) :

EyAjM2g.pngx4sK2K7.png

iwDMDwS.pngZPBJHEY.png

Ledian line:

Ob9n0HL.pnglN1SKsF.png

DXVANSt.pngAv5eDiG.png

Jumpluff line:

xOEYJAL.pngPKAufo9.png

QQU2FHi.pngAQOFWTV.png

URmeKV0.pngKnccfI4.png

Snubull line:

xrxEQPm.pngNwepUt8.png

CfslQcZ.pngYKjFqpQ.png

Wobuffet ( killed every color out of it -.- ) :

sBTtLdT.pngfVujfG9.png

Rainforest Donphan family:

YeFuTfE.png6ULhOHi.png

KIz1DLu.pngcbOdDaL.png

Murkrow line ( I thought about Honchcrows hat and then this idea popped in my mind hope you like it ) :

Here is Twisted Crow !

2x4H8PA.pngjV8T9T8.png

5cfkLho.pngi4MpVw5.png

Fly me to the Moon and let me play among the stars ..

Misdreavous line:

1DsQOAJ.pngIxxPuyM.png

gZ9e75c.pnghuTv0tN.png

Stantler:

KDGFmVE.pngmViAdeL.png

Sunkern:

RkMyPFW.pngO9NppMH.png

Girafarig:

WpQJLCv.pngIhSdORb.png

Tyrogue:

bbVIsV7.pngt8Gbt7k.png

And pls Ame no grey / white on the Ferligator line .. too much Pkm already grey / white even BLACK can't stand this colors anymore.

Edited by Nefalem

1st Gen Shiny's redone, Charizard line in orignal Charizard X colors:

3kzgVG1.pngEI7mOjT.png

dR1mGGR.pngxH5S29I.png

5AwTRuc.pngss5NakR.png

Aipom line:

Y85chsa.pngxstNMI0.png

R27yiFU.png822PFzD.png

Azurine Lake Corsola ( Couldn't erase white dot left of it ) :

dzFVyvW.pngtVi3XQu.png

Sentret line ( Lightened about 2 stages ) :

qfID2dJ.pngvxUszqq.png

W81GFzk.pngf06R8Q2.png

Edited by Nefalem

• 2 weeks later...

Don't have any sprites this time but an idea for Hitmontop.

Considering that we are using fighting references for Hitmontop's breatheren, I think Hitmontop would like a Iron Mike street look to it. Make it gritty and make him somehow standout as a bovine champion. Possible even give Hitmontop a little champion buckle.

Another idea is to model it after the Jewish Draddle. Just some ideas. :P

• Administrators

Stantler- Let's go for a lighter grey pelt, and do something with the nose, even if it's just taking a lot of saturation out of it. That nose right now would give Rudolph a run for his money.

Skarmory- Is this a liked idea? To me, although it's executed well, that colour scheme seems off-putting...

Totodile- Those seem too similar to the originals I think? What ever happened to the existing totodile poll, was that where the dark green won out?

Others accepted, with a few edits I've done.

• 4 weeks later...