Pokken Fighting Tournament Discussion

Godot

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pikachu does seem pretty intense. This game exists in two dynamics. 3D smash Bros where Gardevoir and Suicune Excells, and Tekken with ADHD where Machamp and Lucario excells. Pikachu can run rampant in both dynamics.

So the public testing over in Japan has begun, and they've confirmed that it both players choose the same Pokemon, one of the. Has a different skin a la smash bros. Weirdly enough, however, these aren't the shiny forms.

Lucario turns all his blue parts red, Pikachu wears blue shorts, Gardevoir turns all her green parts red, Suicune turns his purple mane thingy white, and Machamp... Well actually, it seems no one likes Machamp enough to have had both people play as him yet.

Too bad it's not the shiny forms, I really wanted to be able to fight as a shiny mega Gardevior...

Son! I will wreck you! Also Machamp alt found, it's blue. There are also 2 new stages, a fighting colosseum, and an Aquarium. All the alts apparently are wearing some kind of red and white belt, bracelet, or band somewhere on their bodies.

Also this:

I also saw pretty poor quality mirror match of Pikachu in the aquarium. The Aquarium looks like a pretty spacious stage. You can see Lugia, Luvdisc, Wailord, Tentacool, and Clamperl chilling in the water, and outside the water, Slowbro and Slowking are just chilling.

I am pretty sure we will get a Wii U announcement eventually. if we get a 3DS version, it will be almost an entirely different game... these character models are too pretty for 3DS. some even argue that the Wii U might not be able to handle it. I disagree, just look at HyruleWarriors and my homegurl Bayonetta. Bayonetta nd Hyrule Warriors were pretty as fuck.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously it's not effective, since they said earlier he had no ranged capability.

Also,

Looks really good, but I expected it to have a lot more pokemon.

Do you really think that's all of them? It's like saying super smash bros 4 would have only the original 8 fighters and Pit, because that's all they showed in the first trailer.

I am personally expecting Charizard, Blastoise, Dragonite, Zoruark, Genesect, Hawlucha, and Mewtwo to be playable. We might see more soon, especially since the Arcade version releases in Summer.

Looks really good, but I expected it to have a lot more pokemon.

This is going to first be on Japanese Arcades. It's basically just in it's "Beta" stage when it's on J-Arcades. When/If it gets a console version, there will be many more characters to choose from, along side the J-Arcades being updated.

Namco and Arksystem works do this "arcades first, Consoles later" thing all the time. Namco is currently testing both Pokken and Tekken 7 in arcades. And both games look amazing.

Imo bad marketing to release both of them at once, but that's beside the point

Charizard is a fan favorite and so is Mewtwo. They can't be missing.

I want a Golem and I want it to have a rolling attack to close distance between the fighters

• 1 month later...

Did the hype for this end? Do we have more news? Did it end up being Trubbish? Sorry for the double-post, but if no updates are to be made, this topic might as well be un-pinned, no offense to the creator and those supporting Pokken.

Did the hype for this end? Do we have more news? Did it end up being Trubbish? Sorry for the double-post, but if no updates are to be made, this topic might as well be un-pinned, no offense to the creator and those supporting Pokken.

Gengar confirmed m8.