Fate/Shattered Dawn (OOC/Sigh ups)

rustytengo

A new Holy Grail has appeared.

Seven new masters will be chosen to summon seven servants and compete in this new Holy Grail War.

Of those who are chosen the last reaming pair of master and servant shall be given by the Grail their greatest wish.

But all is not as it seems, for none of the three families or the Church or the Mages Association have any clue where it came from all they know is that it's the grail and they will do anything to get it even interfere with the war and the Grails chosen masters.

Will you be the last to survive and claim the Grail?

Or will you fail like so many before you?

This is Fate/Shattered Dawn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick explanation of the stuff I think y'all who don't know the Fate universe that well will need know in order to participate evenly in the rp(rustytengo's hopefully simple version)I will also link to the wiki so here you go http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Fate/Stay_Night

Master:

A Master is a mage picked by the Holy Grail to compete in the grail war. They are given three command seals to make them as a master for the war. If they use all of or give up the command seals then they can no longer compete in the war.

Command Seals:

Command seals are marking on the body of the masters. They appear as a three layered image about the size of the back of your hand or of a picture made up of three things. Each is different for each master. A command seal not only marks you as a master but allows you to give your servant three absolute commands that they must fallow no matter what. What type of commands that requires the use of command seals varies depending on the servants’ personality.

Servant:

A servant in a copy of legendary soul created by Holy Grail to be the weapon for the masters to use in the war. A legendary soul is that of a person from history, myth and legend so like King Arthur or Hercules there not always a hero. Servants are more powerful than a human alive even the weakest is ten times stronger than any person. All servants have a thing called a Noble Phantasm. The servant’s natural abilities are divided in to five parameters.

Noble Phantasms:

A Noble Phantasm is an ability or weapon or event connected powerfully to the life of the legendary soul. So like King Arthurs Excalibur or Hercules twelve labors.

Servant Parameters:

There are five parameter that the natural abilities of a servant are defined under. They are all rank separately from E up to S. the parameters are strength, endurance, agility, magic, and luck. They all are pretty self explanatory.

Servant types:

Servants can be summoned under one of seven classes Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Caster, Berserker, and Assassin. Their class is given to them based on the skills and personality of the legendary soul. So a knight would be usually fall into that of a saber class well a witch or magic user would fall into the caster class. There are many factors governing this. One Legendary soul can have the qualifications to be summoned under multiple classes never at the same time though.

Saber

Saber, knights of the sword is one of the three knight classes. They are servants who specialize in close combat with a sword of some sort. Tend to favor high ranks in the strength, endurance and agility parameters. There class skill is Magic Resistance.

Lancer

Lancer, knights of the spear the second of the three knight classes. They are servants who specialize in the use of a spear like weapon or long arm weapon. They tend to favor high ranks in the agility and endurance parameters. Their class skill is Battle Continuation

Archer

Archer, knights of the bow the last of the three knight classes. They are servants who in life used a long range weapon or ability. Their parameters are average but usually have very powerful Noble Phantasms. Their Class skill is Independent Action.

Rider

Riders are servants who rode something in life. Well their parameters are not as high as the three knight classes their mounts usually have powerful Noble Phantasms attached to them. Their class skill is riding.

Caster

Casters are the magic users of the classes. There magic parameter is their highest well the others usually are quite low. They used some form of magic in life or where a very creative person. There class skill is Area Creation and Item Creation.

Berserker

Berserker, the mad warrior. A legendary soul who went mad at least once in their life can be summoned as a berserker. Depending on the legendary soul berserker have different ranks in their parameters usually very high in everything except luck. Their class skill Mad Enhancement.

Assassin

Assassin where assassins or murders in life. They favor agility well strength and endurance in usually low or average. Their class skill is Concealment.

Magic/Mage

Magic in Fate is very hard to explain but here the wiki link http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Magus it will do a much better job than me though for the intent of the Rp you really won't need it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Role Playing Rules :

1. Don’t Bunny people unless they have given you permission to.
  2. Be respectful to everyone in the rp
  3. Don’t god mode (I am running this so there for I am the only omnipresent authority figure here)
  4. Don’t swear to much its not fun and a pain to read
  5. No over the top violence, sexual acts and the such(also a pain to read)
  6. Only control your character and servant or any npc you made up not anyone else’s character or servant or anyone I put in the RP unless I say you can.
  7. This is Based of Fate/Stay Night and other Fate things there for there is bound to some bad things happeing so be warned
  8. And As Always have Fun

Summoning a Servant. I have seven servants all readymade. I have assigned randomly to each one a number one though seven. If you chose a catalyst for summoning then you can chose what number you want AFTER I have Okayed your servant. If you do not wish to use one then I will assign you one randomly.

YOU ARE A CREATING A MASTER NOT A SERVANT THE SERVANT IS ASSIGNED AT RANDOM BASED ON THE NUMBER YOU PICK OR I GIVE YOU!!!!!

Character Creation Template: You will be creating a master to control one of the servants that I made

Name:Josh Elders

Appearance: around 5'11"and slim with a very light tan, dirty blond hair and blue eyes and rimless glasses. wears a black t-shirt with dull dark red jacket with black linings on the inside over it, a pair of bark blue jeans, white socks and black and blue tennis shoes.

Interests/ Hobbies:reading books, playing video games and learning things that interest him.

Personality:acts likes an idiot when around people he doesn't know. He shows his keen mind only to people he truly trusts. When dealing with other mages or talking about things he likes he tends to show a bit more of his intelligence.

Preferred Magic Type (ONE KIND ONLY or ask me (I am nice) and if I don't think is OP then I will let you have more than one):Bounded Fields and Curses he doesn't have much of any skills in other types then those(he his quite fond of combing the two.)

Command seal design and location:three circles within each other on his left sholder

Catalyst for summoning (yes or no):yes(servant depends on how many people there are and what they get)

masters have no class only servants do!!!!

If you have any question related to the Fate universe or any general thing ask me here. PM if it’s a question related to your servant. And as always

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

edit:link for magic is now up sorry about that

Edited by rustytengo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Murdoc

Appearance: White hair slightly over shoulder length. Icy blue eyes. Somewhat severe, angular features. Tall and lanky, somewhat lacking in physical bulk. Prefers to wear darker colors relieved with one or two bright elements, such as his black greatcoat with a white inner layer.

Interests/ Hobbies: Avid reader. Novice musician (singer). Enjoys solving problems; will voluntarily do things others would consider work. Excellent writer.

Personality: A bit standoffish at first, but quickly warms up to people. His impulsiveness is balanced by a keen awareness of potential consequences. Bad at reading people; as a consequence, he tends to switch rather abruptly from an absolute lack of trust to the reverse.

Preferred Magic Type: Manipulation of raw energy, particularly electricity.

Command seal design and location: A stylized valkyrie design, sort of like this but with a humanoid figure in the middle

valkyrie_wings_tattoo_by_kianap-d7a3j6u./[

Catalyst for summoning (yes or no): No

Reserving, probably going for Saber or Lancer.

edit: wait i'm gonna need to do some reading

Your a master only servants are separated into classes so its all based on luck for which one you get.

Might go for Berserker, or Archer. Also my understanding of the bloody magic in this freaking universe is like so minimal, don't really know what I am going to do for that section lol.

like i said before servant is basically random your making a master i have all ready decided on the seven servants. Yeah that why i said don't worry to much about magic i don't under stand it that well either its hard to explain hell i could care less if you have character has even less basic knowledge about it.

A Fate style RP? Makes me wish I role played. I reckon I'll leave this to the pro's and read along. I'm definitely interested to see who the servants you've picked are though.

I think for now I'll refrain from joining in. I could probably do it if I tried, but right now I'm generally pretty strapped for time (the uni life... seminars to prepare for and exams to sit). If this is struggling for interest then I'll see if I can't work something out but right now I'll let others take the spots.

You're right, life comes first. Good luck mate!

On another note, how should we deal with the mage families? Do we need (or even can) to be part of one of them, just make up our own or what?

Edited by Notus

Actually makes it easier for me. Thinking of playing a Female Character this time around......but depends. I haven't done one in a long time, might be time to try again. (You may have noticed the lack of Female Characters in the Beginning of Graterras [that aren't Goddesses lol. those don't count imo])

First Master incoming!

================================

Name: Lucas Calem

Appearance: Tall, thin, strong. In his mid thirties, but has grizzly hair already. Green eyes.

Interests/ Hobbies: Martial Arts, Music and carving.

Personality: Quiet, restrained and calm. Very cold when treating with other mages.

Preferred Magic Type: Elemental spellcasting (wind and water), but does not like using magecraft and will only rely on it as a last resort.

Command seal design and location: In the shape of a hurricane, located in his right forearm.

More or less like this

16h823b.jpg

Catalyst for summoning : yes

Edited by Notus

First Master incoming!

================================

Name: Lucas Calem

Appearance: Tall, thin, strong. In his mid thirties, but has grizzly hair already. Green eyes.

Interests/ Hobbies: Martial Arts, Music and carving.

Personality: Quiet, restrained and calm. Very cold when treating with other mages.

Preferred Magic Type: Elemental spellcasting (wind and water), but does not like using magecraft and will only rely on it as a last resort.

Command seal design and location: In the shape of a hurricane, located in his right forearm.

More or less like this

16h823b.jpg

Catalyst for summoning : yes

Okay Notus your master is good so you can pick your number and i will get you your servant once i finish writing then out.

• 2 weeks later...