overthinking things

Kingd353

during episode 1 of my pokemon reborn lets play that i'm gonna whore out at the end of this post a question entered my mind. why is our character coming to reborn to begin with? and if they are just there to beat the reborn league why come without any pokemon? if we are supposed to be one of the toughest trainers in the world shouldnt' we have a pokemon already? i mean what kind of newb comes to a place known for having the strongest trainers around the world and wins? our character must have some experiance so where are his or her pokes? x.x oh and shameless self plug....

during episode 1 of my pokemon reborn lets play that i'm gonna whore out at the end of this post a question entered my mind. why is our character coming to reborn to begin with? and if they are just there to beat the reborn league why come without any pokemon? if we are supposed to be one of the toughest trainers in the world shouldnt' we have a pokemon already? i mean what kind of newb comes to a place known for having the strongest trainers around the world and wins? our character must have some experiance so where are his or her pokes? x.x oh and shameless self plug....

Why does Ash only bring one pokemon? and start his journey all over again to battle a new region's league.

Answer: Pikachu is Ash's best friends. He starts his journey all over, otherwise it wouldn't be fun.

Another reason: If your past pokemon was lvl 100, and you go battle Julia. Your pokemon won't listen and it'll probably be so easy to win the game.

Maybe we simply want to challenge ourselves and start over... I am guessing Cain and Victoria did the exact same thing and started over and entered the Reborn League without their Old Pokemon. Well I am positive Cain did as Aya says he was meant to be the Gym Leader not her and he left his pokemon behind. I am guessing Victoria did simply because I find it hard to believe she was a top student at Apophyll Academy without owning a single Pokemon.

Edited by GottaLoveShuckle

i'd like to believe it isn't the whole we chose to start over thing because ame reveals when talking to victoria that you're not allowed to just start over and get a new starter so the fact that our character did that without just bringing a level 5 pokemon or just finding one makes himj/her seem like a theiving asshole for tricking ame so i repeat why did he/she come to reborn without any pokemon?

Kingd353, on 03 May 2014 - 5:26 PM, said:

i'd like to believe it isn't the whole we chose to start over thing because ame reveals when talking to victoria that you're not allowed to just start over and get a new starter so the fact that our character did that without just bringing a level 5 pokemon or just finding one makes himj/her seem like a theiving asshole for tricking ame so i repeat why did he/she come to reborn without any pokemon?

When does she say this? I mean Victoria gets a starter when you do and I find I extremely hard to believe the Top Student of Apophyll only just got her first pokemon when challenging the Reborn League.

When does she say this? I mean Victoria gets a starter when you do and I find I extremely hard to believe the Top Student of Apophyll only just got her first pokemon when challenging the Reborn League.

you misunderstand you were right about her starting over but when she goes for her new starter ame says that she was the exception to the rule due to her connections but since she had pokemon previously your character gets to choose first if you want to see ame say this IT'S SAID IN MY VIDEO WITCH IS POSTED IN THIS THREAD YOU JERK! x.x my aggrivation with you people avoiding my vid like the plague aside... yeah she states it's against the rules for you to get a new starter if you had pokemon already..... these things are to start journeys not random handouts

Heres my theory, in conjunciton with a couple others that sound pretty spot on.

Our trainer is one of the strongest in the world, We came to the Reborn Region looking for a challenge or something else. Amethyst, told us before we boarded the train, that we had to leave our partners behind and restart in the reborn region. We did it out of the pure challenge of it. We ended up getting involved with the entire Reborn Region, seeing it as a second home, and have began to help Amethyst and the Reborn leaders rebuild, stopping Team Meteor and conquering the league in the process.

Ok, are you really blaming us for not watching an 18 minute video? Also, let's just assume that when someone enters the Region, they get a starter. But they only get that chance once, which is why Victoria is an exception. They could be doing it to attract people who wish to live there and tourists.

Ok, are you really blaming us for not watching an 18 minute video? Also, let's just assume that when someone enters the Region, they get a starter. But they only get that chance once, which is why Victoria is an exception. They could be doing it to attract people who wish to live there and tourists.

that's actuallly a really good explination..... nice.... oh and just so you know most lets plays have longer parts then what i posted they usually run for 20-30 min.. infact i was originaly gonna do a 30min until i got stuck choosing a starter

that's actuallly a really good explination..... nice.... oh and just so you know most lets plays have longer parts then what i posted they usually run for 20-30 min.. infact i was originaly gonna do a 30min until i got stuck choosing a starter

I do know, I'm subbed to like 30 people on YT. Still, asking for 18 minutes of our time out of the blue is still...y'know.

Regardless of that...
What does the character start with, from the absolute start? 3000 Poke and a council with Amethyst aboard the train.

Here's my question: if you follow the tracks from the Peridot Station to the north, it leads to the Tourmaline Desert. There is a giant scrapyard of trains, known as the 1R253 Scrapyard. Why was the character not attacked then? This would allow for the removal of both the protagonist AND Amethyst, the one attempting to bring Reborn back to a stable state.

• Administrators

Because the point of attacking the train wasn't to get rid of the train, but to blow up the Peridot Station so no one else could come to Reborn.

As to the original point, it's pretty much what's been said. It seems customary to 'start over' when moving to a new place. The reference to the player being a strong trainer is implying that s/he has completed a Pokemon game in the past and as such has already been champion somewhere. Canon pokemon games make the opposite inference- they assume that the player character is a brand new trainer. While necessary for global marketting, that isn't the kind of audience a fangame will be attracting.