Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

A guide for Earthquake WITHOUT TM:

gutten_tag

Question

well, because a lot of people think that we can't get earthquake even after Ground-badge (thank to the mercy of Ame), i'll give you some TIPS to use earthquake. but the first- just go to serebii or bulbapedia to learn how the breeding machine in gen V works, and you'll understand how all this strategy work)

1, AGGRON WITH EARTHQUAKE, ENDEAVOR, HEAD SMASH:

endeavor is good, especially for some one got Sturdy. so this combo will destroy everything even lv 100 pkm: use prankster leech seed first (like whimsicott), then let it die, send aggron next, and use endeavor. that "thing" (like garchomp or arceus) will one hit- 1 HP left for you, the combo endeavor and leech seed will destroy in one turn (it works 100%, not like destiny bond and focus band- just 10%)

so how can you get one?

step 1: breed a male swampert (got earthquake) and female rampados (i know just 12.5% chances you get a female rampados, and less than 1% if you want good IVs one like me -_-)---> got a male Cranidos has earthquake

step 2: raise cranidos till lv 30, evolve it to get endeavor. raise this Rampados till lv...58 to get head smash ( so painful :( )

Step 3: (finally): breed this male rampados to female aron

2, FLYGON WITH EARTHQUAKE AND ROCK SLIDE:

it's really weird that this powerhouse can't learn earthquake naturally BUT TRAPINCH can learn it in...lv 55

so remember 2 things:

step 1: RESET UNTIL YOU GOT A MALE TRAPINCH WITH GOOD IVs (stop caring about his nature)

step 2: raise it at least till lv 55 to get earthquake and rock slide WITHOUT EVOLVE (for me: level 67- i like superpower, and another painful one)

step 3: got 2 more level- it will evolve 2 times in a row and become flygon (for me: lv 69- we got all the way through this, just 2 more level :'(

3, HERACROSS WITH EARTHQUAKE AND ROCK SLIDE:

don't you feel weird when i said earlier you must got a male trapinch?? now this is the reason. basically, heracross can do nothing to flying type now (2 stab got not eff against flying type). and if you got 2 boost moxie, and your op send out a flying type? it's a pain in the ass to switch this thing out. and combo quake-slide will solve this

step 1: got a female heracross with GOOD IVs (of course you want a healthy children- you must have good mother)

step 2: breed this heracross with.......MALE FLYGON WE GOT ABOVE (it's suck i know -_-)

step 3: raise this kid with good IVs

enjoy the result: you got a OP heracross with: rock slide, earthquake, close combat, megahorn

EDIT: if you want more power like STONE EDGE over rock slide, you have to chain-breed another pokemon: breeding flygon male + female shuckle ---> a male shuckle with earthquake, then level up shuckle to learn stone edge, then breed with female heracross---> got a heracross with both earthquake AND STONE EDGE (look at his moveset...and despair :()

4, SHARPEDO WITH EARTHQUAKE AND WATERFALL:

we all know that sharpedo is good with speed boost. and it's suck that the only water stab he can learn is...aqua jet. and face a lightning pokemon: he got no chance with his poor defense. so it's why waterfall and earthquake will help him destroy everything he wants- and of course AT LEAST THIS SHARPEDO SHOULD GET OU RANK IN-GAME):

step 1: catch a female barboach with good IVs

step 2: catch a male golden/ seaking with good IVs by good rod (so it will be power enough to learn waterfall already)

step 3: breed male goldeen/seaking with female barboach to get a egg barboach MALE AND GOOD IVs, and it has waterfall

step 4: raise this barboach, evolve to whiscash to lv 45, so you got a male whiscash with both waterfall and earthquake

step 5: got a female carvanha with good IVs

step 6: breed carvanha to whiscash, and choose an egg carvanha with good IVs, so it will have earthquake and waterfall

enjoy: sharpedo got earthquake, waterfall, crunch (lv28) and swagger (just love the confuse rate in-game). if his nature or ability is not speed boost, just change it.

5, FOR THE FUTURE:

you can use the same way to get superpower and brave bird on honchkrow (think about the power.......) or crobat with brave bird and whirlwind....

so much to use. and all of this hard works just because you- Ame. YOU MADE ME DO THIS :( (i feel like i got no life at all, just a breeding-holic....how sad....)

i hope this can help you a bit @@

Edited by gutten_tag

18 answers to this question

Well, actually:

-You can't breed a Carvanha with Earthquake, because Carvanha can't learn Earthquake. You need to check and make sure the base form of the Pokemon you want to get this move can learn it before you try this method! I tried to get Poison Jab + Crunch on a Stunky, only to discover later that Stunky couldn't learn Poison Jab... for some reason. /the story of my eternal suffering

-You can't breed Superpower onto Murkrow because it's a move tutor move, not a TM nor an egg move. Never mind the fact that I'm not sure anything in the same egg group as Murkrow gets that... and even if you could, Murkrow can't be tutored Superpower, only Honchkrow.

Other than that, though, you're correct~ And this is very handy for getting coverage moves you'd otherwise be without.

Well, actually:

-You can't breed a Carvanha with Earthquake, because Carvanha can't learn Earthquake. You need to check and make sure the base form of the Pokemon you want to get this move can learn it before you try this method! I tried to get Poison Jab + Crunch on a Stunky, only to discover later that Stunky couldn't learn Poison Jab... for some reason. /the story of my eternal suffering

-You can't breed Superpower onto Murkrow because it's a move tutor move, not a TM nor an egg move. Never mind the fact that I'm not sure anything in the same egg group as Murkrow gets that... and even if you could, Murkrow can't be tutored Superpower, only Honchkrow.

Other than that, though, you're correct~ And this is very handy for getting coverage moves you'd otherwise be without.

for honchkrow, braviary can learn superpower naturally, but yeah, i put it in "for the future" because we can't get braviary now. but you are right, even if we can, murrkrow can't learn superpower :(

and for carvanha, i don't actually got him, just ON THE WAY to get one (i'm still in step 4 for that last thing, when i got all other flygon, heracross and aggron), but now i might have to stop it- thanks to you, and accept for waterfall sharpedo only :(

Edited by gutten_tag

In Episode 10, getting Earthquake on Trapinch didn't involve training it up obscene amounts of levels... you could breed Earthquake from Geodude onto a Dwebble, then breed Earthquake (and Rock Slide, I... think?) onto a Trapinch from there. But, as Dwebble was removed...

And really, this method isn't all that hard. Well, until you get into things like breeding Flamethrower and Energy Ball onto a Litwick, then things get kinda crazy...

(For the curious, that chain is: Torkoal -> Snubbull -> Swirlix [level it up for Energy Ball] -> Castform -> Litwick. Yes, I did spend entirely too long looking into that.)

Edited by Lost Lore

Edit: my dwebble breeding trapinch comment got sniped by a couple seconds.

Also, couldn't you speed up the process on earthquake, endeavour, headsmash aron by getting mudkip to 46 so it learns endeavour, then evolve it that same level so it learns earthquake when it becomes a marshtomp. Then breed marshtomp with lvl 30 rampardos so the baby is born with endeavour and earthquake, and now just get that crandos up to 46 for earthquake, endeavour, and headsmash to bread with aron?

Edit 2: and if you want to talk hard, let's talk sludge bomb, giga drain venusaur. Now that was a lot of breeding.

Edited by Anthalt

Edit: my dwebble breeding trapinch comment got sniped by a couple seconds.

Also, couldn't you speed up the process on earthquake, endeavour, headsmash aron by getting mudkip to 46 so it learns endeavour, then evolve it that same level so it learns earthquake when it becomes a marshtomp. Then breed marshtomp with lvl 30 rampardos so the baby is born with endeavour and earthquake, and now just get that crandos up to 46 for earthquake, endeavour, and headsmash to bread with aron?

Edit 2: and if you want to talk hard, let's talk sludge bomb, giga drain venusaur. Now that was a lot of breeding.

lol, i know how to breed this too. my venusaur got giga drain, sludge bomb, growth and sleep powder. but like i said, this guide is ONLY for earthquake, not other move (even thought i still got wrong move for sharpedo) . and like i said (again), the only painful is that i want a good move AND good IVs for my pokemon, so the breeding is so much painful even if it's just chain 2-3 generations (each generations at least 10-15 eggs to get a good IVs one)

and for energy ball and flamethower chandelure: SPEECHLESS (well maybe just one or two chain first i'll not care about IVs and only care about moveset, but still....too much for me to handle :(

..I'd make a seperate breeding section for the guide, I just have no idea how to do all this breeding stuff. I usually just get my info off Serebii/Bulbapedia if I really need something bred onto something.

If someone has a solid, flawless guide on how the breeding mechanics work, let me know and I'll give it a read- If I like it, I'll put it in the Reborn guide n__n

I kind of didnt get the waterfall think.. can somebody explain how to get waterfall on sharpedo?? and is it possible to get it on gyarados?? id prefer the accuracy over aqua tail..

also making a guide for breeding would be impossible cuz there are too many combos.. instead how about just getting requests and whoever knows how to implement them can help..

for eg. i want a gyarados with waterfall, earthquake, dragon tail and ice fang.

Now i know it says gyarados cant learn moves by breeding but does that include TM moves???

I kind of didnt get the waterfall think.. can somebody explain how to get waterfall on sharpedo?? and is it possible to get it on gyarados?? id prefer the accuracy over aqua tail.. also making a guide for breeding would be impossible cuz there are too many combos.. instead how about just getting requests and whoever knows how to implement them can help.. for eg. i want a gyarados with waterfall, earthquake, dragon tail and ice fang. Now i know it says gyarados cant learn moves by breeding but does that include TM moves???

it's simple. got goldeen/seaking (male) with your good rod in a pool in peridot ward. it will be around level 40, so it will have waterfall already. then breed it with female sharpedo, and you'll get a carvanha baby with waterfall

the reason gyarados CAN'T learn egg move not because of himself, but the "poor thing" magikarp. so you can't use the same way for gyarados to get ANY TM, or egg, or move tutor to your magikarp egg. that's why gyarados can't learn waterfall except by HM, or earthquake or anything else

and for request of breeding mechanic....OMG, i CAN do it, but i don't think i have enought time to type EVERY LITTLE THING in here, because sometimes i have to check on serebii or bulbapedia myself. just read in these pages to understand more. breeding in normal pokemon games is not really painful like in reborn game- just because you can't get a good TM, so you have to breed them all.

Edited by gutten_tag

If my Flygon were just any Flygon, I would do this to get another Flygon with Earthquake. But I need to stick with the one I have because it's shiny.

a Flygon without its best STAB- i don't want to use it even it's shiny. but i think you don't really care about "perfect moveset" like me, so....

No Flygon is just any Flygon, every Flygon is the best Flygon especially the Flygon with earthquake!

Agree, just yesterday i got mine (shiny and with earthquake) he spent half of the game in the daycare but now i'm ready to wreck everything (except Serra ^_^)

If you want to find other moves to breed onto pokemon just go on Bulbpedia and look at that pokemon's move list. It shows moves it can learn via breeding and what to breed it with. It doesn't tell you when chain breeding is necessary though.

i don't think this list is ALL moves can learn via breeding. actually the "breeding move list" in normal pkm games is just some move you DON'T HAVE THROUGH TM, and the breeding is only requied one chain. example: venusaur can learn sludge bomb through TM, so in the breeding move list you don't see sludge bomb anymore. but in Reborn game, we don't have much useful TM like sludge bomb, so the only way to get a bulbasaur with sludge bomb is MULTI CHAIN BREEDING. and that chain, you have to discover yourself, i have never seen a website had a list of multi-chain-breed move before @@

Edited by gutten_tag

Bulbapedia will only give you moves that it can't learn via TMs.. But it does tell you if chain breeding is required for it to get the move.. as for reborn.. well we dont have an option.. so I suggest that people put up requests and help out with the same!!!!