What was the shiny that got away?

Zzylard

Today, I let a shiny Stantler get away from me, because I accidentally killed it with an Air Slash. Two days ago, I accidentally killed a shiny Tauros. Last week, I killed a shiny Magcargo (but yesterday I got two shiny slugmas ev training Sp. Atk). What was the one that got away from you?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Shiny Koffing in Emerald. It actually was the first shiny I ever ran into that wasn't Gold's Gyarados.

The thing is, I encountered it in the Battle Frontier, not in the wild. You couldn't imagine how pissed I was.

The only shiny i lost in the main games was a Oddish (it was also my first shiny), in Reborn i lost A LOT of them (in my recent playthrough i killed alrady like 2-3 of them and i'm only at Aya).

Bitch i'm the pokemon master, no pokemon escapes from my hands.

Well, if we're talking about the original pokemon games (X/Y, Black and White, blah blah...), then i guess i never lost a shiny. Mostly because i don't run into them a lot, so i don't think i've ever lost a shiny.

If we're talking about Reborn, then pffft... I run from shinies in Reborn. Too many shinies.

In reborn? alot of shinies.. machop, unown, bred a shiny togepi with crap for ivs.. had all below 10.. i cried... in official games i havent lost any.. managed catching most i guess..

• 1 month later...

The first shiny I ever encountered: Geodude (around lvl 23) in Pokemon Gold.

I was like: "whaaaat was that sparkling? and why is it brown? I need it!!"

and when you look at the level and it's movepool for Gen.2 you may know what happened... it just used 'self-destruct' after my first pokeball failed to catch it...

and my brother wouldn't believe me that that Geodud was brown instead of grey (we didn't knew that shinies were a thing until we encountered that red Gyarados)

Emerald... I was only a wee lad in second grade (year two) and I was playing in the cave between verdanturf and rustboro and low and behold shiny whismur, and I quote said. " om my gosh why are there so many whismur this ones not even the right color it's so stupid." And I ran.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Miltank in Reborn. Prior to this unholy demon, I had a perfect shine record. Every shiny pokemon I ever saw, I caught. There were a few close calls where they almost died, or I was low on pokeballs, but I always caught them.

And then this thing showed up. I got it down to the red, I had 30 pokeballs on me....AND IT GOT OUT OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. I had to kill it, and now have a whole new level of hatred for that stupid cow.

The first Shiny I ever KO'd instead of capturing was a shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby, when I was about 6 or something like that. You can also add every shiny I have encountered in reborn (I've KO'd about 10 of them, they seem to be much more common in reborn) or roms because I can't transfer them to the main games, so if I don't like the pokemon itself I'm not gonna capture it even if it is shiny. (In the main games I do capture them though)

Edited by Mighty Kamina

In pokemon gold i saw 2 shiny's.The first one was a shiny noctowl witch i captured obv and the next one was a zubat...i just ended a battle with red i think and was out of revive's and potions.The only pokemon that i had was a tyranatar witch was 30 hp ^^ .