Am I ready for Florina?

Ukyn1993

Getting ready to challenge Florina, and im not sure how ready I am.

Electrike Lv.22

Modest Nature/Somewhat Vain

Static Ability

- Charge Beam

- Thunder Wave

- Leer

- Howl

Grimer Lv.22

Rash Nature/Good Perserverance

Poison Touch Ability

- Sludge

- Pound

- Minimize

- Mud Bomb

Monferno Lv.23

Hasty Nature/Capable of taking hits

Iron Fist Ability

- Mach Punch

- Leer

- Flame Wheel

- Taunt

Mightyena Lv.23

Brave Natuer/Hates to lose

Quick Feet Ability

- Tackle

- Howl

- Sand-Attack

- Bite

would have much rather have a Moxie Mightyena, but Quick Feet is also a nice one. Mighyena actually won me my first gym badge thanks to not losing speed while paralyzed.

How ready am i for Flo?

I recommend getting a Trubbish so you can pull off those Toxic Spikes. I'd replace Elektrike for a Fighting pokemon you can find in the slums, because Elektrike won't be as much help when you battle Florina(grass type gym leader). Otherwise your team is looking good!

Don't use your Mighteyena against her Cradily.

Florina's Cradily is a rock/grass type and knows; Recover, Sandstorm, Smack Down, and Curse. Her Cradily is the only threat in her team. The others your Monferno or Grimer can easily defeat!

• Veterans

Going with what shusup said thats pretty much the real threat of her team Florinia's cradily i mean but be on your guard her Breloom has spore and can be quite the danger if you let it use that

find a zubat for extra backbone and evolve it into golbat, because her cradily is the biggest pain ever. [get crobat for kiki and shade you'll need it]

You might be a bit out of date, You can't really get zubat til after defeating kiki.

I would recommend also, if you lose with the team you have next, try out a mankey. If cradily has enough time to get up a couple curses, mach punch won't do too much, so I would recommend grabbing mankey for seismic toss as it's constant damage regardless of its defense. That's how i beat the cradily.

ok, with that in mind i have a couple of strategy options:

1) get Trubbish up to where she can set up 2 layers of Toxic Spikes, rush through her gym to Cradily and then use my super potion stock to wear her out

2) Get a mankey to seismic toss, then throw cradily around like a ragdoll

3) disregard strategies, aquire gym badge

ok, seems like i got 2 decent strategies and one....boneheaded strategy

find a zubat for extra backbone and evolve it into golbat, because her cradily is the biggest pain ever. [get crobat for kiki and shade you'll need it]

He can't get Zubat for Zubat is at the Bybyxbison(however the faq) wasteland nows. Ame changed it from Episode 10 to Episode 11.

Your Monferno should be able to do most of the heavy lifting. I managed to get past Florinia without Toxic Spikes on my second playthrough, since she (mercifully) got nerfed a bit. The Grimer can help as backup. I wouldn't recommend using a Mightyena for this fight. *Is ignoring how her Dark monotype run is making her use nothing but Mightyenas against Florinia.*

He can't get Zubat for Zubat is at the Bybyxbison(however the faq) wasteland nows. Ame changed it from Episode 10 to Episode 11.

I fought Sierra today on my second playthrough (first one being before she got nerfed) and was kinda disapointed , thinking that Ame made the game too easy . But it looks like she removed quite alot of pokemon so its good :)

I fought Sierra today on my second playthrough (first one being before she got nerfed) and was kinda disapointed , thinking that Ame made the game too easy . But it looks like she removed quite alot of pokemon so its good :)

i know how you feel...too many leaders got nerfed. i liked the challenge of them,it was harder than any pokemon game ive played before. and ame took out my beloved electivire

Honestly, the Cradily shouldn't be any problem at all. Taunt it with Ferno so it can't use Curse, Recover, or Sandstorm, then just proceed to Mach Punch it to death. I did the same, and got through it with relative ease. But of course, with your Monferno being Hasty, Smack Down will probably do a respectable amount of damage, so I'd watch out for that. And if you can, try to make sure she uses her Super Potions up before she sends out the Cradily.

Aside from that, your Monferno and Grimer should be able to take on her team well enough.

Edited by Pryze

i know how you feel...too many leaders got nerfed. i liked the challenge of them,it was harder than any pokemon game ive played before. and ame took out my beloved electivire

IKR? When I went to try out a new strategy against her after updating, I was somewhat dissapointed by how easy it was.

As for the topic just do what everyone has said. And if you need to send out your monferno against her cradily, taunt it so it can heal/set up/ get off residual damage with sand storm/ curse. It should make the battle somewhat easier.

all you need is a kricketune and you can win

seriously spaming fury cutter will get you though the hole gym

thats all you need

^^^ THIS! Kricketune and Fury Cutter will win this badge...if it fails, Monferno can pick up the slack!