Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

EV reducing berries

CoolTrainerGary

Question

14 answers to this question

MK, it's about Effort Values, the famous EV's. They're points you earn when battling that raise one of you pokémons stats. You can only have 510 of these spread around all stats, so it's important to use these berries in order to arrange them in the best way possible.

Example: A Gengar is a special atacker, and it's Attack stat is naturally terrible. As such, having Attack EV's in it is a waste as you won't be using them. So you use these berries to reset your Attack EV's so you can put them in another stat.

After reading this topic I think I'll add a section with the location of EV training items (which are just the berries as of now) on the EV Training Guide.

Edit: Done! ^_^

Edited by Notus

lol I feel somewhere in the world someone is reading this and saying: "there are two types of trainers..."

Nah, I've only learned that little time ago, thanks to Reborn. And, as Tacps&Flowers said, it's not so important in the game.

Edited by Notus

Hey now, EVs are plenty important before Level 100.

To give you an example, my EV spread on my Impish Diggersby is 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed, and it outspeeds the wild Tauros on Route 1.
(For reference, Tauros has a base Speed of 110, while Diggersby has a base Speed of 78.)
And it isn't grossly overleveled, either, My Diggersby is only Level 53, while the Tauros are Level 52.

Hey now, EVs are plenty important before Level 100.

To give you an example, my EV spread on my Impish Diggersby is 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed, and it outspeeds the wild Tauros on Route 1.

(For reference, Tauros has a base Speed of 110, while Diggersby has a base Speed of 78.)

And it isn't grossly overleveled, either, My Diggersby is only Level 53, while the Tauros are Level 52.

Guess people have different ways of playing the game.

I also think EVs are important. They might not be totally necessary in Reborn (You can do fine without EV training), but hey, it's just my style. I like to EV train, cuz i enjoy doing it and I hardly breed for IVs. Actually, i've never breed for IVs in Reborn. Never.

lol I feel somewhere in the world someone is reading this and saying: "there are two types of trainers..."

totally agree with you. my friend and me- totally different. when my friend catch a pokemon, she will raise it without caring about nature, EV or IV at all. she said she wants her pkm can battle and grow up the way they are, and she doesn't care about stats at all. in the opposite is me. always breed for nice move set and better IV, then change to nature and ability for a perfect pkm can competitive battle. but my friend got my respect so much for the way she cares for her pokemon. sometimes i feel like she got a family in-game too. it's really beautiful

totally agree with you. my friend and me- totally different. when my friend catch a pokemon, she will raise it without caring about nature, EV or IV at all. she said she wants her pkm can battle and grow up the way they are, and she doesn't care about stats at all. in the opposite is me. always breed for nice move set and better IV, then change to nature and ability for a perfect pkm can competitive battle. but my friend got my respect so much for the way she cares for her pokemon. sometimes i feel like she got a family in-game too. it's really beautiful

Heh, it's beautiful until you look at your Magnezone's EVs and realize "He has ALL these wasted points on Attack? HE HAS NO PHYSICAL MOVES I MUST FIX THIS!"

I usually leave the EVs the way I got them in the main story, because it makes the Pokemon as a whole more well rounded. But it really bugs me when they get wasted on stats I know they will never use.

And THAT is why people use the EV berries.

Edited by Eagleby18