Will 100 Really Mark the End?

Dban1

Reborn has a really great and deep storyline, with much more content than any other Pokemon game has ever managed to contain. However, as we all know, there's not much more to be able to be squeezed in after level 80-90, probably being the final gyms. Or is it?

What if we don't stop the level cap from stopping the storyline? Reborn has constantly been focusing on strategy and technique rather than overpowering levels, so it can be possible that the storyline will still continue way after reaching the average level 100 mark and solely stretching your limits on pokemon types and combinations. This way, the Reborn can be kept alive for much longer.

In (some of) Ame's words:

"I'll raise the level cap if i need to".

EDIT: Rose is right, the levels could go up to 255 if Ame wants.

I know that for a fact, but wouldn't it be boring stick with the same old moves for so many levels? After all, there are only so many moves a pokemon can learn. 255 would really stretch the arsenal. But still a great idea to carry out.

Maybe our pokes will never reach level 255, but that doesn't mean we can't fight against a level 255 poke.

Vinny, please don't give Ame any ideas. I would fall over and cry if I had to battle a level 255 Arceus Magikarp.

Vinny, please don't give Ame any ideas. I would fall over and cry if I had to battle a level 255 Arceus Magikarp.

Level 255 Magikarp with Hyper Beam, Outrage, Swords Dance and Earthquake........

• Administrators

The reason I'm not making a call on this yet is because I need to see exactly how much slower the level curve gets

I mean

You can get to level 10 without grinding or even leaving the Opal Ward

You'll be level 20 by the time you reach Onyx

But then 9 gyms later and we're still only level 60ish

So we'll see.

:o

Noooo run for the hills! It's a Magikarp!

Now on topic, I think there's no need of getting over Lv. 100 once we've been playing under level caps since the beginning (unless for stuff like the MagiPULSE) and it would make grinding new team member much more troblesome. Still this is only my personal opinion.

Edited by Notus