Deino in Reborn?

Timber Dragon

OP pseudo-legendary though it is, you have to admit Hydreigon isn't one that's dropped in your lap. Evolving one isn't the same as, say, evolving a Gyarados or Gardevoir, where all you have to do is some early game switch training and you have powerful mons who last you the rest of your Reborn career. But when it comes to Deino, if you want power, you're in it for the long haul.

Deino doesn't evolve from its pitiful first stage until level 50. That's fifty levels of carrying around a mon that's nothing but a burden, taking up a slot that can be reserved for something you can send to the front lines. In Reborn terms, a grind to level 50 means you're around the time of facing Noel, who is in the last quarter of the current content. Not even Zweilous will be winning you many battles, and you're still 14 levels away from your goal. By the time you miraculously reach that level--64--you'll probably be finishing up with Radomus or about to challenge Luna, who's the final gym leader of the current episode. You go through that hell and you can't even reap the rewards until the very end, if that.

OP, certainly, but isn't it an OP Pokemon you had to earn? You go through 64 levels of hell and you're rewarded for it. I think the problem people have with the likes of Gyarados or Gardevoir is how early and easily they're obtained, not because they're too strong. Getting Deino near the beginning of the game means players need to work with it from the very start, until the end. It's not cakewalk. So given the amount of work we'd have to do for a Hydreigon, I think at least that pseudo-legendary is worth considering.

• Veterans

Which means Deino will be in Reborn, period? Sounds good to me!

Oh god if this is true .............well people better start opening some space on their teams and or start day care training because it wil take forever trust me i have used deino in game on my BW from lvl 1 got it from my sister's Black version and hot damn it takes forever to evolve.

So what are the chances of deino being i episode 12 because we already have metagross but it would be awesome to have a Hydreigon.

it would have been perfect if you gave it to luna Amethyst

Which means Deino will be in Reborn, period? Sounds good to me!

Sounds good to me too. I just love Deino and it's evolutions. Even though Deino takes almost forever to evolve it's really worth of it. This topic made me happy.

I'll breed a Deino army in Reborn.

I don't know. Maybe people forget that because the majority of pseudo-legendaries are dragons expect Tyranitar and Metagross.

Well... i think Salamence is more "important" than Metagross right? I think that might be it. (Introduced in the same gen and stuff.)

Well... i think Salamence is more "important" than Metagross right? I think that might be it. (Introduced in the same gen and stuff.)

Hmmm... Metagross and Salamence are both brilliant pokemon and you can't really compare them but somehow Salamence seem to be more "important" just like you said... I hope that when the 7th gen. comes or if it comes there would be a pseudo-legendary that isn't a dragon type, I mean I love dragon types but I just want more diversity to pseudo-legendaries.

This is kind of off-topic but whatever.

Hmmm... Metagross and Salamence are both brilliant pokemon and you can't really compare them but somehow Salamence seem to be more "important" just like you said... I hope that when the 7th gen. comes or if it comes there would be a pseudo-legendary that isn't a dragon type, I mean I love dragon types but I just want more diversity to pseudo-legendaries.

This is kind of off-topic but whatever.

Yeah. I guess we can stop right here, before this gets out of control. But i get what you mean. I'd like to see another non-dragon pseudo-legendary.

Anyway, i don't think there's a problem with Deino at the start of the game. But we have to remember one thing: This is still a pokemon game. Deino NEVER was available at the start of the game. It keeps things like the normal games i guess. But whatever, if Ame adds Deino, i'll be happy ^_^

Add Cottonee again Ame... Doooooooo iiiiiiit.

Yeah. I guess we can stop right here, before this gets out of control. But i get what you mean. I'd like to see another non-dragon pseudo-legendary.

Anyway, i don't think there's a problem with Deino at the start of the game. But we have to remember one thing: This is still a pokemon game. Deino NEVER was available at the start of the game. It keeps things like the normal games i guess. But whatever, if Ame adds Deino, i'll be happy ^_^

Add Cottonee again Ame... Doooooooo iiiiiiit.

Honestly, if we can get Noibat early, getting Deino early shouldn't be that big of a deal (ditto for Larvesta too).

Well Deino can learn Dragon Rage with Heart Scale. If she puts it at the beginning this means we would get a third Pokemon with this early gamebreaking move before the second Gym. The other two being Gyarados (if she doesn´t change the Event of getting it) and Charmeleon who is a starter. With this I think it should be put in after Shelly or Shade there this move isn´t OP anymore. Although Deino has a lot of weaknesses which probably make up for it and you need a Heart Scale to teach him this move

Edited by Yazmat

Well Deino can learn Dragon Rage with Heart Scale. If she puts it at the beginning this means we would get a third Pokemon with this early gamebreaking move before the second Gym. The other two being Gyarados (if she doesn´t change the Event of getting it) and Charmeleon who is a starter. With this I think it should be put in after Shelly or Shade there this move isn´t OP anymore. Although Deino has a lot of weaknesses which probably make up for it and you need a Heart Scale to teach him this move

Actually if level 16 or earlier, it'd have Dragon Rage as a starting move without needing to spend a Heart Scale for it. Additionally, as it's a 'start' move for Deino, every baby Deino (if not bred with too many egg moves) will have Dragon Rage as soon as it hatches.

• Administrators

So what are the chances of deino being i episode 12 because we already have metagross but it would be awesome to have a Hydreigon.

it would have been perfect if you gave it to luna Amethyst

Ah, but I'm still holding back on leaders a little bit at this point.

It'll be a while before it's obtainable, not in 12.

That's disappointing... I do think Deino should of been put near the start of the game. Not only is there extreme level requirements for it to evolve like the original poster pointed out but it is also stuck with the ability hustle which is even more of a burden IMO. It is even worth noting that Hydreigon isnt even in OU anymore and is a UU pokemon which I think says enough about how "OP" it is.

Edited by GottaLoveShuckle

• Veterans

Ah, but I'm still holding back on leaders a little bit at this point.

It'll be a while before it's obtainable, not in 12.

Wait you ..... where holding back on Florinia and Aya :blink: Pls dont make Hardy Have a Tyraniitar