Bahahahaha I'm not gonna get the magikarp

CoolTrainerGary

You can't finish Reborn with only Gyarados though...

I'll always say this: Gyarados is OP in Reborn... But that doesn't mean you have to use it...

There's a lot of other physical attackers that you can use in place of Gyarados... The best example would be Azumarill...

Basically, Gyarados is a very good pokemon for any team... But if you don't want to use it, that's fine, you can do it without it...

It's not a total necessity, I myself didn't get it until after the 7th gym and I am not a very good battler . But Gyarados is a great pokémon and having it is always helpful.

I have never used Gyarados in any of my 4 playthroughs.

See? You can go with any pokemon you want...

And i already said it before: The fact that I LIKE Gyarados played a big part in this... Gyarados is good and i like Gyarados = Of course i'm going to use it and brag about it...

• Veterans

See? You can go with any pokemon you want...

And i already said it before: The fact that I LIKE Gyarados played a big part in this... Gyarados is good and i like Gyarados = Of course i'm going to use it and brag about it...

I like to use different pokemon each run (except using Crobat the Damn thing is just that damn good cause most poison types are broken in this game atleast if they are crobat level strong such as The Nido's,Muk Gengar etc) Up untill now i have used every single fir starter i have used Venusaur and Sceptile And ALL water Starters

Edited by Azery123

• Administrators

Shhh, shhh, all this talk about Gyarados will solidify Ame's decision to remove it. So keep it on the down low.

Not really. It's just a matter of me deciding how I want to handle these Pokemon that are literally useless at first but then become really good.

The existing option is letting the player deal with their uselessness for 20-30 levels and then reap the rewards.

The alternative is denying them like other Pokemon until later in the game which robs them of the existing drawbacks of being so pitiful when they're young, which I feel cheapens their flavor.

Not really. It's just a matter of me deciding how I want to handle these Pokemon that are literally useless at first but then become really good.

The existing option is letting the player deal with their uselessness for 20-30 levels and then reap the rewards.

The alternative is denying them like other Pokemon until later in the game which robs them of the existing drawbacks of being so pitiful when they're young, which I feel cheapens their flavor.

This is why I think you should add Deino to the early game. Thing is absolutely worthless early game; I have a hard time taking things down at a 10+ level advantage with it in the core series.

I think leaving it as an early option actually entices players into getting it, and forces them to work hard if they want a Gyarados. Switch training early in the game is very cumbersome, so not being able to get it until later in the game means the hassle isn't there.

This is why I think you should add Deino to the early game. Thing is absolutely worthless early game; I have a hard time taking things down at a 10+ level advantage with it in the core series.

That's actually a pseudo-legendary I can get behind if it's added in the beginning. You have to deal with 50 levels of working with a 300-base-stat-total deadweight, switch training it throughout the whole game instead of being able to actually use it. By the time you finally get its final evolution, you'll be nearing or at the end of Ep 11 so you can't even reap the rewards until literally the final stretches of the current content. If you want that Hydreigon, you'll damn well work for it. I think dealing with 64 levels of more-or-less uselessness is worth a great Pokemon.

But with available TM's early on (Charge Beam/Grass Knot), Deino becomes a rather viable Pokémon to use, despite the BST.. And I'm pretty sure Deino can learn both these moves.

Pros:
It has a very large movepool and learns STAB moves really early. Dragonbreath at 17, Dragon Pulse at 32 Dragon Rage at 0 (meaning that the trade/obtaining it would have to make it be 17 at least to forcefully skip Deino's game-breaking move)

Reward is extremely high, but comes at an extremely late time

Game-breaker if obtained early on (before obtaining 4th badge)

Would be the 5th Dragon type available (Tyrunt/Tyrantrum/Noibat/Noivern)

Cons:

Ridiculously low BST to deal with until 50, people might ditch it for something better (like Gyarados unless it gets removed)

Being the 5th Dragon, it also evolves the latest. (Noibat evolves at 48, Tyrunt evolves at 39, Deino would evolve at 50)

Exp table is very hard to deal with due to exp needed to level up

Pretty much.. Yeah.

Edited; Deino would be the 5th Dragon type, but Noibat would still be the first-obtainable one.

Edited by RainbowDash

The issue with stuff like Gyarados and Hydreigon is that people can just get the pre evolution early game (if available) and just forget about it until the rest of your pokes get to the level that they require to become good. After that it's a simple matter of getting them out of the pc and grinding them up. Not really much of an inconvenience at all if you don't mind the grind.

• Support Squad

: The fact that I LIKE Gyarados played a big part in this... Gyarados is good and i like Gyarados = Of course i'm going to use it and brag about it...

Arent these the reasons Sneasel and Weavile are Nonexistant? >.>

...heh.

I think this is mostly due to geography, in that we haven't gotten to a snowy/icy area within the game so ice type Pokemon aren't readily available yet.

edit: missed a word

Edited by Blind Guardian

• Veterans

Yeah that and The fact That Weavile would pretty much make Some Leaders a non exsistant threat also Its to constantly Tease Vinny be giving lots of cool pokemon except for His favorite

...heh.

I think this is mostly due to geography, in that we haven't gotten to a snowy/icy area within the game so ice type Pokemon aren't readily available yet.

edit: missed a word

Yep, that's it...

Weavile is pretty frail though, it's your glass cannon... I doubt Ame would make an event for Sneasel, it's better to just find it in the wild Unless Commander Amethyst has other plans...

Non-existants threats? idk... Kiki would laugh at my Weavile... But let's say Ciel/Saphira wouldn't...

The issue with stuff like Gyarados and Hydreigon is that people can just get the pre evolution early game (if available) and just forget about it until the rest of your pokes get to the level that they require to become good. After that it's a simple matter of getting them out of the pc and grinding them up. Not really much of an inconvenience at all if you don't mind the grind.

What's the difference of grinding while you play (which makes it soooo much less painful) or grinding after you've finished everything (which is faster but boring as hell)?