The Mighty Jungle

Felicity

• Support Squad

OK, so i resumed my Ep 11 playthrough and i just reached Rhodochrine Jungle. Upon arriving the music begins and what do i hear? The most solemn song in the Game! I have to say, this fits the atmosphere Perfectly in this area! So i got to wondering what people think of how each areas music piece fits the atmosphere.

I can say almost all the tracks were carefully chosen to fit the atmosphere, but my favorites include Peridot Ward, Opal Ward, and the Team Meteor admin battle. Peridot/Opal are both dramatic and, being among the first tracks you hear, sets the tone for what kind of place Reborn City is. They're pieces that automatically tell players that there's a problem to be solved, but good luck because crime is abundant, pollution is everywhere, good Pokemon are few and far in between, and really, this ain't your little bro's Pokemon game. The Team Meteor admin battle, aside from being awesome in general, sounds like shit is truly going down the hole. You first hear it upon encountering a helpless Tangrowth hooked up to a machine. Something is wrong and you need to stop it.

I can say almost all the tracks were carefully chosen to fit the atmosphere, but my favorites include Peridot Ward, Opal Ward, and the Team Meteor admin battle. Peridot/Opal are both dramatic and, being among the first tracks you hear, sets the tone for what kind of place Reborn City is. They're pieces that automatically tell players that there's a problem to be solved, but good luck because crime is abundant, pollution is everywhere, good Pokemon are few and far in between, and really, this ain't your little bro's Pokemon game. The Team Meteor admin battle, aside from being awesome in general, sounds like shit is truly going down the hole. You first hear it upon encountering a helpless Tangrowth hooked up to a machine. Something is wrong and you need to stop it.

The Peridot Ward music is way too repetitive.

The Peridot Ward music drives me nuts ever since that nightmare fest I had hunting for a Stunky...

Anyway, yeah, I'd noticed that the music for Rhodochrine Jungle and the Railnet had changed when I first set foot in the Railnet in Episode 11. I liked the original version, but the new one is so solemn and mournful... it really fits the atmosphere well. It makes me want to find an excuse to stick in the Jungle for a bit, haha...

I think my favourite music track still remains the one that plays on Route 1/Aventurine Woods. There was kind of an "Ooooo" moment the first time I set foot there, and the whole Tauros riding thing fits the music perfectly, I find.

Yes, the first time i heard that music, i was like: .....................................................................................................

wow...

Anyway, i also think that the Peridot theme is too repetitive... IMO, the old Obsidia Ward theme would fit in there.

EDIT: Too many dots...

Edited by Vinny953

Music that best fit a theme? Chrysolia Forest/Tanzan Cove (Bright I think it's called). It's like a breath of fresh air after you and the children escape from the Yureyu Building and (for the time being) Team Meteor's clutches. The fact that I had to grind there to beat Noel wasn't too bad.

Favorite track? The entrance to the Arceus temple (where you can fight the Unown), I've always been a fan of the Ice Path music

Edited by mashonem

I'd have to say Apophyll Beach. The music is amazing and fits the place so well. It gives you the feel of there are places that aren't heavy victims to the pollution. A breath of fresh air before escaping the city I'd say.

I'd have to say Apophyll Beach. The music is amazing and fits the place so well. It gives you the feel of there are places that aren't heavy victims to the pollution. A breath of fresh air before escaping the city I'd say.

I'd have to agree with you there, Apophyll Beach had a really good song. That is my second favorite track in the game.