6SS1G- 1st Gen Shinies

Amethyst

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you say like mega charizard do you mean his scheme or something else or maybe like this loTergK.png also another question does this mean you are going to finally fulfill charizards true destiny of being a fire/dragon type pokemon because if so that would be great

uhhh...I tried Venomoth but I don't know how to upload a pic.

Under "Attach Files" it says "You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments."

Go to your profile, "edit my profile" and go to "Manage Attachments"... You can delete some older attachments to use new ones...

when you say like mega charizard do you mean his scheme or something else or maybe like this loTergK.png also another question does this mean you are going to finally fulfill charizards true destiny of being a fire/dragon type pokemon because if so that would be great

I don't think a color change is enough to justify a type change...

• Administrators

Marked off the Sands- line, thanks!

How about this? Not sure how well you can see it on the dark background .. anyways, it's like a mixture of tron and mech I guess

8hn5o6xv.png

That does look kinda cool but the shades seem to be a little inconsistent with each other. And the white lines like that need some blending if we're going to do that. Also the bolts on the side of its chest, while a good idea, are drawn in with 1x pixels so that won't work.

It's probably best to work from what I described before for Nidoking

xrC2wzD.png

Got it, thanks.

The fire could have been done a little better. Working on nidoking

That actually looks -really- cool. However, I think we're using the HGSS Venomoth front sprite, and I know we're using the Gen V back sprites... If there's any confusion, just grab the files from the game folder /Graphics/Battlers. Make sure you're editing the normal sprites rather than the existing uncustomized shiny sprites because only the non-shiny sprites have been given the proper Gen V backs. If you could apply this style of wing-flare to the sprites from the game folder that would be super.

@ codelancelot It's something like that in theory but, as you'll see from the list in the first post, Charizard has already been completed.

So I tried making the edits you mentioned. The gray I used for the outline blends in with the forum's dark color, so maybe go to the images' urls?

I was having a little trouble shading the back sprite's tail. Any feedback or assistance is welcomed c:

post-32104-0-45723300-1397020168_thumb.gifpost-32104-0-19022700-1397020166_thumb.gif

What do you guys use to edit your sprites? Probably should stop using MS Paint :|

Try using GIMP, it´s a free editing program and if you learn how to use it, it´s quite easy to edit sprites ^^

Adding the whole Poliwag-evolition family. Dunno if it´s alright as it is, but on the evolutions I left the dirty parts where they were on the pre-evolution, but those dots also get bigger the more it evolves :)

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

Oh yeah, GIMP. I downloaded that once but never really used it. Guess I'll have to get it again. Does it work similar to paint/is it easy to use?

Well, you have the option to select pencils and all that, you can select the size and it´s easier to select the pixel you want to color. It´s similiar to paint here and there, but more precise and with more options :)

Maybe there´s another free editing program just as good around, but I do all of my recolors with it and well, after some trying I really got into it so it´s not really a big deal for me anymore to color something ^^"

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

So I made the changes you suggested to Nidoking here:

Working from Flux's sprite:

• Clean off the blue. It's a neat idea, but not what we need for now, sorry
  • Let's use a darker metal for the middle segment of its arms, the area above its shoulder/below its ear (but leave the spikes), and the segments above its knees.
  • Give it back the white of its eyes. In Jacze's sprite this is the yellow bit-- let's just have it be one of the light silver shades though
  • Having its mouth orange is a little weird; let's make that a dark colour. Perhaps keep the teeth visible like in Jacze's. The jaw-bolt looks great though.
  • Lighten the outline on top of the front ear and top-most spikes. Notice how in Jacze's, the outline shade is a bit lighter in these areas. Use a colour darker than the outline in Jacze's, and lighter than the outline in Flux's.
  • Apply that same outline colour to blend in the dark pixels at the tip of the tail as those black pixels are looking a bit isolated and jagged there.
  • There's like two stray black pixels on the far side of Nido's face that look like they don't belong.

And here's the result:

2s6iu.png

I personally don't think this turned out well. My personal thoughts are that that keeping the whites of the eyes kind of take away from the mecha look. I couldn't find a good color for the mouth either...

Here's the first one I made with some of your changes applied. I removed the blue, lightened the area on the top of the head, and darkened the mouth color.

1933na.png

And here's the original for comparison:

124emhh.png

If none of these are good, I don't know if there's much more I can do... I'll probably leave it for someone else. :/

Edited by Flux

• Administrators

I highly recommend Graphics Gale. It's made specifically for spriting. I also have some tutorials for basic stuff on it on my youtube channel.

Poli line looks great. Saved in.

For the Nidos, I really like the first one you posted, but I see the concern about its eye is valid.

Qaes93c.pngmCJsK50.pngz8jDJ3U.png

Quick alternates. I'm kinda liking the blue eye one myself.

pFa9qXH.png

Alright, I used the battlers sprites. I like how these sprites are actually comprised of more pixels, making it easier to detail them. So yeah, I'd say I improved the fire, but tell me what you think. I had a busy day, and it took me a long time to do the back sprite, so I'm only posting one for now.

• Administrators

Aaa, again, it looks good, but technical issue-- and maybe I should have specified this before when I mentioned using the ones from the game file so sorry if so. But, you've drawn the fire at a 1x resolution on the image taken up to 2x. By that I mean, you'll notice that the 'pixels' in those sprites are actually 4 pixels, because the image has been magnified to 200% for game-use. But, any edits to the image have to still fit into that 2x graphic style (because the game can be played at 1x, where graphics are loaded at half their size). The easiest way to do this is to shrink the file to 50% (make sure it doesn't blur) before beginning any edits, and then magnify it to 200% (again, no blur/smoothing) when you're done.

@codelancelot - I like the shade of black, but I think the underside should be changed from yellow to light blue. Like the color of gyarados in your sig. And maybe you could color the flame on Charizard's tail like the flames on typhlosion's back.

Also, did I fix it?

njqEsyb.png

• Administrators

I tried too. Here is the silverback snorlax :)

QDVDJoE.pngGOuENAZ.png

And Ame's beloved Goldeen and Seaking [ Goldeen used Supersonic, wait .. what ? Ame got outrageous :D ]

jE7kByB.pngkdxcIXP.png

JhQdE85.pngUSoyjzE.png

Snorlax- A little rough. It looks like we've lost the contrast of the shades altogether and the black outline is matching against the light colours harshly. We'd probably need to increase its brightness and go over the outline with a lighter colour on the top parts after fixing the shades

Goldeens- I think the reverse idea might be cooler, but these aren't bad... I think the blending colour between the blue and the whites could be smoothed out to be more consistent with the other colour values. It also might be a good idea to go over the lighter shades of the outlines on both of them with darker colours, particularly at the front-head part of the, around Seaking's lips, and on its underbelly where the black pixels contrast sharply.

I'd also at least like to see the revers idea actualized though just for reference. But that's pretty difficult I admit

what about these :PloTergK.pngZVvCNh2.png

EDIT: why does no one ever give me feedback on these lol

Neither of these sprites are currently on the task list as Charizard has already been done and Typhlosion is not in Gen 1

@codelancelot - I like the shade of black, but I think the underside should be changed from yellow to light blue. Like the color of gyarados in your sig. And maybe you could color the flame on Charizard's tail like the flames on typhlosion's back.

Also, did I fix it?

njqEsyb.png

Yes! That's good. I might clean up some of the yellow around its body, but if we can get a frontsprite to match, that would be great.

Snorlax- A little rough. It looks like we've lost the contrast of the shades altogether and the black outline is matching against the light colours harshly. We'd probably need to increase its brightness and go over the outline with a lighter colour on the top parts after fixing the shades

Goldeens- I think the reverse idea might be cooler, but these aren't bad... I think the blending colour between the blue and the whites could be smoothed out to be more consistent with the other colour values. It also might be a good idea to go over the lighter shades of the outlines on both of them with darker colours, particularly at the front-head part of the, around Seaking's lips, and on its underbelly where the black pixels contrast sharply.

I'd also at least like to see the revers idea actualized though just for reference. But that's pretty difficult I admit

Neither of these sprites are currently on the task list as Charizard has already been done and Typhlosion is not in Gen 1

Yes! That's good. I might clean up some of the yellow around its body, but if we can get a frontsprite to match, that would be great.

could you at least tell me what you think please and ok i will try something on the list