Gardevoir says screw the rules

SonOfRed

So tell me Ame, when you put that ditto in the game did you ever think that this exact scenario would happen, because i feel like you put that ditto in there for this exact reason.

Stuff like that is bound to happen with Trace, but according to Bulbapedia Trace is not supposed to be able to copy Impostor (i have yet to confirm this in any games or the PO simulator.)

There are a few negative abilities you have to worry about though, such as Defeatist, Hustle (no way your gardevoir is physical and you would still get the accuracy drop) and especially Truant.

I suggest you change its ability, probably to Telepathy because it will surely help against the double battles, which can be pretty crazy.

If you played Gen 6, you know about an item called "Ability Capsule"... It changes the pokemon ability, and then vanishes... It can't change your common ability to a HA and a HA to a common ability... In the original games...

In Reborn, yes... you can change it to an HA... cuz HA are just as common as normal abilities, so yeah .-.

Stuff like that is bound to happen with Trace, but according to Bulbapedia Trace is not supposed to be able to copy Impostor (i have yet to confirm this in any games or the PO simulator.)

There are a few negative abilities you have to worry about though, such as Defeatist, Hustle (no way your gardevoir is physical and you would still get the accuracy drop) and especially Truant.

I suggest you change its ability, probably to Telepathy because it will surely help against the double battles, which can be pretty crazy.

I would recommend sticking with trace, though it can be gimmicky you can copy abilities like water absorb, adaptability, magic guard, etc which can really change the way a battle works. Also hustle only applies to physical the accuracy drop doesn't affect special moves and why would you have a gardevoir vs a durant, slaking, or archeops?