Noel hurts. wat do

Timber Dragon

I'm on episode 11, it that makes a difference. Noel's Cinccino destroyed me before I get far, although I admit my attempts at him have been half-hearted at best. If you share your horror stories with Noel (preferably ones where you won in the end), that might put me in a better position to beat him. My current team is:

-Empoleon (lv. 53)

-Gardevoir (lv. 51)

-Scrafty (lv. 49)

-Crobat (lv. 49)

-Magmar (lv. 51)

-Gyarados (currently training)

As much as i like Gyarados, i think i could suggest an Azumarill for you... If you want Aqua Jet on it though, you're gonna need to breed it, but still...

Azumarill learns SuperPower at level 42... Sure some pokemons of his team are part flying, but you know how much a Huge Power Superpower is going to hurt? A LOT...

Of course, you need more than just Fighting coverage... Even less Fighting coverage because of that Clefable now...

Well, he has some flying types right? So i think a Jolteon could help you also... I'm pretty sure Jolteon can outspeed everything he has outside of Priority, and kill all dem damn birds with Discharge or something...

But before i can really suggest something, i have to ask: What is the MAIN problem in the battle you trying to win?

The current problem is that I flat-out cannot get past that Cinccino. I open with my Empoleon, who's resistant to most of its attacks, but that damned thing is still able to brute force me just because all its multi-attacks hit five times. None of my other team can hit hard and fast enough, or survive long enough, to do substantial damage and still have enough strength to handle Noel's other five Pokemon.

Crobat's Acrobatics and Cross Poison got me through Noel. Aqua Tail and Ice Fang from Gyrados is also extremely helpful against him. I mainly used these two Pokemon to get through him. I don't think I even touched my Flygon.

Now that i remember, and i know why Noel was no problem: I had an Infernape... I think Iron Fist didn't work in episode 10, but i EV trained it, so it was boss...

Anyway, do you know what you need? A Breelom!

0 Atk Black Belt Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinccino: 294-348 (101 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And you can get a Black Belt in episode 10.5/11... nice!

The problem is: Shroomish was available only in episode 10, and it's not available anymore, which is a bummer actually...

Uugh... I can't think of anything... And Gyarados can one shot that thing too... Crobat is reliable somewhat... But i thought of another "weird" thing?

Have you considered Forretress? Wait, what? Well, here are some calculations!

252 Atk Cinccino Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Forretress: 80-95 (22.5 - 26.8%) -- approx. 7.9% chance to 4HKO

0- Atk Forretress Gyro Ball (77 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinccino: 103-123 (35.3 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO - 31IV in speed

0- Atk Forretress Gyro Ball (106 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinccino: 142-168 (48.7 - 57.7%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO - O IV in speed

Weird, but hey... It might work ^^

I actually want to try that now, but going ALL THE WAY back to Noel is too annoying...

I never had too much of a problem with Cinccino, I just spammed Heat Wave with my Arcanine until it died. Even if it used Rock Blast, my Arcanine had Reversal, which could do piles of damage if my HP got low enough.

With this team, I'm not sure what to recommend, though. One thing I definitely recommend for once you get past the Cincinno is to have a Golem on deck. Especially one with Sturdy and Stealth Rock. You can use it to take care of the obnoxious and overpowered birds.

Edited by thebrignad

Honestly Cinccino is the weakest in his team. His Swellow with flame orb + facade and Staraptor with Brave Bird & Close Combat are the ones that OHKOs most of my guys.

In my case I used Machamp which one shot Cincinno, after that he was pretty useless (the rest of his team had Pyschic, Flying & Fairy). I only barely managed to take down his Swellow and Staraptor with my Ace Charizard (with potions), my Gardevoir took down his Porygon Z, his Girafarig against my Gengar and his Clefable against my Nidoking.

Edited by Shadow Walker

When i fought noel, My only struggle was his Swellow, since for for the most part i swept with scraggy /w high jump kick, but solved that by training up an excadrill. Basically, you need a good fighting type to sweep up.

A lot of people have trouble with Noel so I'm not surprised. I know I did. My first round I used Gyarados. Dragon Dance and Aqua Tail/Ice Fang combo is pretty darn good. coupled with moxie, and you'll only really have to use dragon dance two or three times. The second round, I used Blaziken. Speed Boost and Bulk Up+Blaze Kick+Double Kick made a good destroyer. :P

On a more passive note, I suggest you invest in one or two xDefense. Why? Because just one will save a lot of pokemon from total annihilation in the first instance. I used x Defense on my Shuckle. It was the best decision I ever made. Shuckle just... god wow, all I did was I gave it high HP EV and power split every single pokemon on Noel's team LOL.... they all died at his power trick/ rock slide combo.

Both were at the max level they could be, which is 50 I think. Level them up til the go over the cap and then use a common candy. They'll be at the highest level they can be with zero EXP.

erm i beleive noel team were 50-55 and at that point i had no problem with my level 51 charizard, when i fought noel my team were underleveled, id suggest grinding abit as i needed a team af 50+ to pt him down tho i never had problems with his chinchino altho always hitting 5 times wiht bullet seed/rock blast/tail swipe was anoying it was always the latter i have trouble is. the biggest problem you got and its a real big problem your trainign your gyarados in a gym battle where you neeed your whole team as strong as possible to win. so get your gyarados to about 49 and your time should be a bit easier.

also with the exception of empoleon get the other 4 up a level or 2 also

Edited by sandy

Noel f-ed my team in the last playthrough. (how I miss my save ;-;). I just 1-hit his Cincinno with machamp, and when he got to girafaring I set up with excavalier w/ sword's dance and iron defense so swellow and staraptor can't hurt me.

Took over 20 tries

H'okay, I finally beat Noel. I had to evolve and grind up a Jolteon, gave it a Zap Plate for a boost, waited until it was raining for a 100 percent accurate Thunder (resourceful or cheap? You decide.), and wrecked Staraptor and Swellow with some satisfying OHKOs. The rest I handled with my Empoleon, Scrafty, and Crobat through a combination of type effectiveness, tanking, and brute force.

Noel wasn't fun. D: But at least I was victorious.

I find it funny how different people are worse of against different leaders even if they have a similar team to me. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever had much trouble with a leader. At least not one that could be solved by just leveling up my Pokemon to the level cap.

I am having problems with Noel atm :( but that's mainly because I am doing a Dark type mono and non of my pokemon can really touch that Clefable.

Cinncino is also being a problem and usually puts a dent into my team from the get go with those constant flinches... Is it holding Kings Rock? It must be...

Edit: Just won against Noel with my Dark Mono team :) I didn't even train more like I should of my pokemon are lvl 50 - 52 :o I just managed to get lucky I guess? Not really I mean I didn't get a crit but he switched to clefable against houndoom some reason when I used nasty plot and I managed to take out that damn Clefable!

Edited by GottaLoveShuckle

for me i just use the weather since his gym battle is outside, that is during ep. 10,, no idea if it was changed in 11, yeah so its sunny day and i have a Venusaur with chlorophyll, haha!! lull them all to sleep and let my solar power charizard do the rest, and also i have a Lucario.

• 4 weeks later...

I had imfirmape who destroyed his machinoo I say get a ghost type for his swallow and starapor I had duskclops and it had thunderpunch he could not use that facade using swallow to help him he just spammed U turn to switch but just level up I would say get tyrouge for a get fighting type or or machamp going to take longer and will only be useful for the first round but confuse ray will take you far in this game lol.