Normal Monotype Challenge

Redo.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat Shelly... because she derped a lot and didn't use Ancient Power with Yanmega... she tried to kill Braveheart with Struggle Bug.

diggersby.gif

Bugs ♂ Lv34

Rash

Huge Power

-Take Down

-Double Kick

-Mud Shot

-Mud Slap

raticate.gif

Joey ♀ Lv34

Mild

Guts

-Hyper Fang

-Sucker Punch

-Grass Knot

-Charge Beam

bibarel.gif

Derp Lv34

Bashful

Moody

-Hyper Fang

-Water Gun

-Rollout

-Charge Beam

noctowl.gif

Priestess Lv34

Rash

Tinted Lens

-Uproar

-Peck

-Confusion

-Hypnosis

pyroar-f.gif

Braveheart Lv34

Rash

Moxie

-Headbutt

-Ember

-Work Up

-Fire Fang

ursaring.gif

Teddy ♀ Lv34

Brave

Quick Feet

-Slash

-Feint Attack

-Cut

-Rock Smash

Boxed guys:

loudred.gif

Hertz Lv30

patrat.gif

Scout Lv3

pidgeotto.gif

Peace Lv21

pidgey.gif

Tamara [shiny] Lv19

igglybuff.gif

Music ♀ Lv5

pidove.gif

Pidgeon Lv12

zigzagoon.gif

Pattern Lv15

happiny.gif

Ignis Lv17

spearow.gif

Malice Lv15

skitty.gif

Nyaa Lv25

meowth.gif

Rocket Lv23

azurill.gif
Mini ♂ Lv5
buneary.gif
Beauty ♀ Lv15
sentret.gif
Sentry ♀ Lv4
castform.gif
Meteo ♀ Lv15
doduo.gif
Trio ♂ Lv21
dunsparce.gif
Trollie ♂ Lv1

glameow.gif

Garfield Lv35 (Daycare)

starly.gif
Vinny ♀ Lv34 (Daycare)

Now I will start rotating my team members, because Nugs, Derp and Braveheart can't touch Shade... and I need to prepare my surprise team for Kiki.

She tried to kill Braveheart with Struggle Bug.

Cuz fuck logik, that's why.

On a side note, you got that powerful Dunsparce with Serene Grace hopefully with a bit of luck it can pull some stuff out... Apart from that, you team looks very solid and, well, good luck for Shade and Kiki cuz you're goign to need it unless they derp out and Shade keeps using Shadow ball or something...

Edited by Vinny953

Nicely done ^^ I could do a topic for my monotype, but the amount of laziness is too damn high... Anyway, i guess the recommendation i can give you: Don't keep that Whismur for long, unless you have pacience for Exploud, cuz that thing will be dying (Change for Wigglytuff in the future maybe? Idk...)

Just quoted Vinny to say him that it's a shame he never used Exploud, spamming a FREAKING 140 BASE ATTACK WITH NO DRAWBACK, ADD MODEST NATURE AND SCRAPPY AND NOT EVEN SHADE SURVIVED IT.

When that ugly Chandelure is one hit shoted, you know someone is OP... Ame will delete Whismur until 3 or 4 badges more.

exploud.gif

Hertz ♂ Lv40

Modest

Scrappy

-Boomburst

-Uproar

-Crunch

-Supersonic

raticate.gif

Joey ♀ Lv39 @ Rose Incense

Mild

Guts

-Double-Edge

-Sucker Punch

-Grass Knot

-Charge Beam

ursaring.gif

Teddy ♀ Lv39 @ Dread Plate

Brave

Quick Feet

-Slash

-Hammer Arm

-Feint Attack

-Rock Smash

pidgeot.gif

Tamara [shiny] ♂ Lv39

Gentle

Tangled Feet

-Hurricane

-Wing Attack

-Quick Attack

-Twister

fearow.gif

Malice ♂ Lv39

Bashful

Sniper

-Aerial Ace

-Drill Run

-Assurance

-Fury Attack

noctowl.gif

Priestess Lv39

Rash

Tinted Lens

-Uproar

-Air Slash

-Confusion

-Hypnosis

Boxed guys:

igglybuff.gif

Music ♀ Lv5

starly.gif

Vinny ♀ Lv36
bibarel.gif

Derp Lv34

diggersby.gif

Bugs ♂ Lv34

pyroar-f.gif

Braveheart Lv34

glameow.gif

Garfield Lv40

patrat.gif

Scout Lv3

pidgeotto.gif

Peace Lv21

lillipup.gif
Barf Lv15

pidove.gif

Pidgeon Lv12

meowth.gif

Rocket Lv23

zigzagoon.gif

Pattern Lv15

sentret.gif

Sentry ♀ Lv4

doduo.gif

Trio ♂ Lv21

skitty.gif

Nyaa Lv25

castform.gif

Meteo ♀ Lv15

azurill.gif

Mini ♂ Lv5
buneary.gif

Beauty ♀ Lv15

dunsparce.gif

Trollie ♂ Lv27 (Daycare)

chansey.gif

Ignis Lv25 (Daycare)

Before you start asking me about THAT rotation... I wanna have at least 2 full teams to switch to the most apropiate team members without much griding... that and all those Normal/Flying will be handy vs Kiki.

Add a Lonely nature (-Def), Soundproof = yeah Whismur/Loudred died everytime... Although i could breed a better one hm... hm...

Nicely done again ^^ I'm guessing that, after Kiki, you're not going to have any problems at all. I don't remember if there's any other normal type that you can get before Kiki, but hey, that's your problem ^^

Here's a question though: Which of the two do you plan to use in the future - Tauros or Bouffalant? Or None? Or Both?

Here's a challenge: Beat Solaris's Garchomp...

Good luck on your quest ^^

not even at garchomp and my majestic blaizen is lv.44 Edit off topic hertz: megaman battle network/starforce much?

Nope, the unit of frequency used for sound is called hertz, so yeah.

I don't have any idea of how to beat That Garchomp to be honest... except confusion hax or 7 turns of sleep.

Because Cal was a gym leader and all that... UPDATE!!!

Oh, and Ame you are sick, that Magmortar with Focus Miss always hiting put me in serious trouble for the first time... and this is also the first time Braveheart was an useful member.

ursaring.gif

Teddy ♀ Lv42 @ Dread Plate

Brave

Quick Feet

-Slash

-Hammer Arm

-Feint Attack

-Rock Smash

raticate.gif

Joey ♀ Lv42 @ Rose Incense

Mild

Guts

-Double-Edge

-Sucker Punch

-Grass Knot

-Charge Beam

bibarel.gif

Derp Lv42

Bashful
Moody
-Hyper Fang
-Shadow Ball
-Water Gun
-Rollout

purugly.gif

Garfield Lv42
Rash
Thick Fat
-Slash
-Sucker Punch
-Assist
-Charm

exploud.gif

Hertz ♂ Lv42

Modest

Scrappy

-Boomburst

-Uproar

-Shadow Ball

-Supersonic

pyroar-f.gif

Braveheart Lv44

Rash
Moxie
-Flamethrower
-Headbutt
-Crunch
-Work Up

Boxed guys:

noctowl.gif

Priestess Lv39

starly.gif

Vinny ♀ Lv36

pidgeot.gif

Tamara [shiny] ♂ Lv39

diggersby.gif

Bugs ♂ Lv34

fearow.gif

Malice ♂ Lv39

porygon.gif
Database Lv5

igglybuff.gif

Music ♀ Lv5

patrat.gif

Scout Lv3

pidgeotto.gif

Peace Lv21

lillipup.gif
Barf Lv15

pidove.gif

Pidgeon Lv12

meowth.gif

Rocket Lv23

zigzagoon.gif

Pattern Lv15

sentret.gif

Sentry ♀ Lv4

doduo.gif

Trio ♂ Lv21

skitty.gif

Nyaa Lv25

castform.gif

Meteo ♀ Lv15

azurill.gif

Mini ♂ Lv5
buneary.gif

Beauty ♀ Lv15

dunsparce.gif

Trollie ♂ Lv32 (Daycare)

chansey.gif

Ignis Lv32 (Daycare)

Ok guys, the next 2 updates will be after Kiki and after Solaris if I beat him... so wait for them! (Also, I will rotate my sixt team members for Kiki, so because of griding the update will be in a few hours).
Edited by Hinaru-Sama

I really want to see how you're going to beat Kiki honestly... And Solaris is just an extra challenge (Try like 3 - 4 times, but don't lose your head about it). I also took your tip and i'm trying to breed a good Whismur (No luck though...) And i can see that Braveheart was useful (Dat 2 lvl difference...)

What else hm... i don't know, get that Substitute TM from the game corner, give it to Bibarel and abuse Moody? Whatever, this is no online battle...

Good luck o/

I really want to see how you're going to beat Kiki honestly... And Solaris is just an extra challenge (Try like 3 - 4 times, but don't lose your head about it). I also took your tip and i'm trying to breed a good Whismur (No luck though...) And i can see that Braveheart was useful (Dat 2 lvl difference...)

What else hm... i don't know, get that Substitute TM from the game corner, give it to Bibarel and abuse Moody? Whatever, this is no online battle...

Good luck o/

Actually, all my pokes where level 42 when the battle started, at the end of it Braveheart leveled 2 more times.

Guess who have 4 Normal/Flying with good STAB waiting for Kiki? Add 2 more poke that can get SE damage and I think she won't be THE problem anymore.

Can I get the Imposter Ditto before Solaris? If so, he ain't a problem if the godhax is by my side.

Okay, this battle was harder than Cal, even if a Trained a team JUST to beat Kiki, the hax has to save me because I would be death... Yeah, I beat her in my first try, but only Priestess badassery saved me. Never liked nor used Noctowl before, such a badass pokemon.

One shoted the Machamp with Vinny's Brave Bird, but THAT MEDICHAM outspeed and easily destroyed both Vinny AND Malice. Luckily I got hax#1 and Bugs's Bounce paralized it stoping her from breaking everything. Later it ended in a 3-2 with Priestess and Database vs Toxicroak, Gallade and Lucario, Database killed Toxi and ended in yellow, switched to Priestess and in red life killed the Gallade, then the AI derped again and Lucario tried to set up with Calm Mind, giving me the possibility to Hypnosis it and then with hax#2 4HKO it... that Lucario never woke up.

staraptor.gif

Vinny Lv42

Adamant

Reckless

-Brave Bird

-Facade

-Close Combat

-Aerial Ace

fearow.gif

Malice ♂ Lv42

Bashful

Sniper

-Aerial Ace

-Facade

-Drill Run

-Assurance

pidgeot.gif

Tamara [shiny] ♂ Lv43

Gentle
Tangled Feet
-Hurricane
-Facade
-Wing Attack
-Twister

noctowl.gif

Priestess Lv43

Rash

Tinted Lens

-Uproar

-Air Slash

-Shadow Ball

-Hypnosis

porygon.gif
Database Lv42
Sassy
Download
-Shadow Ball
-Discharge
-Signal Beam
-Psybeam

diggersby.gif

Bugs ♂ Lv42

Rash
Huge Power
-Take Down
-Dig
-Bounce
-Double Kick
Boxed guys:
pyroar-f.gif

Braveheart Lv44

raticate.gif

Joey ♀ Lv42 @ Rose Incense

bibarel.gif

Derp Lv42

purugly.gif

Garfield Lv42

exploud.gif

Hertz ♂ Lv42

ursaring.gif

Teddy ♀ Lv42 @ Dread Plate

igglybuff.gif

Music ♀ Lv5

patrat.gif

Scout Lv3

pidgeotto.gif

Peace Lv21

lillipup.gif
Barf Lv15

pidove.gif

Pidgeon Lv12

meowth.gif

Rocket Lv23

zigzagoon.gif

Pattern Lv15

sentret.gif

Sentry ♀ Lv4

doduo.gif

Trio ♂ Lv21

skitty.gif

Nyaa Lv25

castform.gif

Meteo ♀ Lv15

azurill.gif

Mini ♂ Lv5
buneary.gif

Beauty ♀ Lv15

dunsparce.gif

Trollie ♂ Lv38 (Daycare)

chansey.gif

Ignis Lv39 (Daycare)

Okay, I love my Noctowl, and I will be going to catch the Ditto for Solaris, see you soon.
Edited by Hinaru-Sama

just wondering, why dont you have a an AMBIPOM as an HM slave has STAB Bonus and Has pick-up ability, in your battle with Lucario i believe you have already picked up a revive that time and can use it to your Vinny to Close Combat Him,, anyways you still beat her, just suggesting,, nice game and nice team!

If that much hax helped you, i'm sure you can beat Solaris with a bit of work. Oh well, i was expecting you to take 5 - 30 tries to beat Kiki, but guess not ^^

Nicely done again. I guess the worse's already gone... So, now what... Look forward for that Rock gym maybe? idk ^^ Also:

One shoted the Machamp with Vinny's Brave Bird, but THAT MEDICHAM outspeed and easily destroyed both Vinny AND Malice.

That's why i told you to get a Jolly Starly... With the Reckless bonus, probably enough to 1 shot the Machamp and the Medicham... But whatever, you did it and that's good ^^

I don't know how, but it seems way easier to do a Normal Mono on this than Emerald. I got my ass handed to me by Wattson multiple times.
Anyway, you should add Munchlax to your team ASAP. As soon as it gets Body Slam and evolves, you've got yourself a nice tank. Plus, if the Snorlax gets Thick Fat, you've got two resistances there

You could evolve your Porygon. I'm not sure where you get an Upgrade, but if you get it you can evolve it. (Reference from Obtainable stuff list)

There is a cave taht appears just after you beat Noel, there is the Upgrade...

I don't know how, but it seems way easier to do a Normal Mono on this than Emerald. I got my ass handed to me by Wattson multiple times.

Anyway, you should add Munchlax to your team ASAP. As soon as it gets Body Slam and evolves, you've got yourself a nice tank. Plus, if the Snorlax gets Thick Fat, you've got two resistances there

While Garfield ALSO has Thick Fat... yup, when I can get to the Wasteland I will go back to 10.1 to catch that Snorlax...
OH WAIT SERRA IS ICE TYPE
Snorlax and Garfield for Resistances
Braveheart Fire Type
Vinny and Teddy for Fighting-Type moves.
And someone for coverage.
Serra, you are SO dead.