Normal Monotype Challenge

Redo.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done Vinny, beat that ugly Garchomp after 7 or 8 tries, and it was expensive, as I had to pay about $15000 in BrightPowders, and mine a Heart Scale to remember Mud Slap, but the haxgod help those who cheat and after -6 Acc, -3 Def and 1 Revive to Magic to dragon slayer, Garchomp was done.

diggersby.gif

Bugs ♂ Lv43 @ BrightPowder

Rash
Huge Power
-Take Down
-Dig
-Bounce
-Mud Slap
ditto.gif
Magic Lv33 @ BrightPowder
Hardy
Imposter
-Transform
exploud.gif

Hertz ♂ Lv44 @ BrightPowder

Modest

Scrappy

-Boomburst

-Uproar

-Shadow Ball

-Supersonic

bibarel.gif

Derp Lv44 @ BrightPowder

Bashful
Moody
-Hyper Fang
-Shadow Ball
-Water Gun
-Rollout

staraptor.gif

Vinny Lv44 @ BrightPowder

Adamant

Reckless

-Brave Bird

-Facade

-Close Combat

-Aerial Ace

ursaring.gif

Teddy ♀ Lv43 @ BrightPowder

Brave

Quick Feet

-Slash

-Hammer Arm

-Feint Attack

-Rock Smash

Boxed guys:

noctowl.gif

Priestess Lv43 @ BrightPowder

fearow.gif

Malice ♂ Lv42 @ BrightPowder

porygon.gif
Database Lv42 @ BrightPowder

pidgeot.gif

Tamara [shiny] ♂ Lv43 @ Zoom Lens

purugly.gif
Garfield Lv43 @ BrightPowder
pyroar-f.gif

Braveheart Lv44 @ BrightPowder

raticate.gif

Joey ♀ Lv43 @ BrightPowder

igglybuff.gif

Music ♀ Lv5

watchog.gif

Scout Lv20

pidgeotto.gif

Peace Lv21

herdier.gif
Barf Lv16

pidove.gif

Pidgeon Lv12

persian.gif

Rocket Lv30

linoone.gif

Pattern Lv25

furret.gif

Sentry ♀ Lv15

doduo.gif

Trio ♂ Lv21

skitty.gif

Nyaa Lv25

castform.gif

Meteo ♀ Lv15

azurill.gif

Mini ♂ Lv5
buneary.gif

Beauty ♀ Lv15

dunsparce.gif

Trollie ♂ Lv39

chansey.gif

Ignis Lv40

Okay Ame, it's a lame move that you give a Lv75 pokemon with the ability of easily one shoting all of your members 4 Full Restore, luckily in a battle of who hit first with -6 Acc between my Ditto and Solaris's Garchomp mine won... but lame.
See ya after Aya!
Edited by Hinaru-Sama

Congratulation on beatingthat Garchomp. Tried it with the same tactic as you but he rarely ever misses and then gave up.

Luck be a lady on that one bro. I beat him using a similar strategy to Hinaru, but it was still a pain to do. -6 acc, Leech seed, Poison fang's chance happening, and +3 DD from a Gryados does wonders.

Ugh, Aya was harder than I tough, after loosing 3 times I had to deposit my first strategy and rely on pokemon that are not up to par... but Braveheart is a boss and Joey... IS A TOP PERCENTAGE!

Love you Joey, never leave my team.

porygon.gif
Database Lv45 @ BrightPowder
Sassy
Download
-Shadow Ball
-Discharge
-Signal Beam
-Psybeam

diggersby.gif

Bugs ♂ Lv44 @ BrightPowder

Rash
Huge Power
-Take Down
-Dig
-Bounce
-Mud Slap

fearow.gif

Malice ♂ Lv44 @ BrightPowder

Bashful

Sniper

-Aerial Ace

-Facade

-Drill Run

-Assurance

exploud.gif

Hertz ♂ Lv44 @ BrightPowder

Modest

Scrappy

-Boomburst

-Uproar

-Shadow Ball

-Supersonic

raticate.gif

Joey ♀ Lv43 @ BrightPowder

Mild

Guts

-Double-Edge

-Sucker Punch

-Grass Knot

-Charge Beam

pyroar-f.gif

Braveheart Lv45 @ BrightPowder

Rash
Moxie
-Flamethrower
-Headbutt
-Crunch
-Work Up

Boxed guys:

noctowl.gif

Priestess Lv44 @ BrightPowder

staraptor.gif

Vinny Lv44 @ BrightPowder

bibarel.gif

Derp Lv44 @ BrightPowder

pidgeot.gif

Tamara [shiny] ♂ Lv44 @ Zoom Lens

purugly.gif
Garfield Lv44 @ BrightPowder

ursaring.gif

Teddy ♀ Lv44 @ BrightPowder

igglybuff.gif

Music ♀ Lv5

watchog.gif

Scout Lv20

pidgeot.gif

Peace Lv36

stoutland.gif
Barf Lv32

unfezant.gif

Pidgeon Lv32

persian.gif

Rocket Lv30

linoone.gif

Pattern Lv35

furret.gif
Sentry ♀ Lv15

dodrio.gif

Trio ♂ Lv32

delcatty.gif

Nyaa Lv25

castform.gif

Meteo ♀ Lv15

azurill.gif

Mini ♂ Lv5
buneary.gif

Beauty ♀ Lv15

dunsparce.gif

Trollie ♂ Lv39

chansey.gif

Ignis Lv40

ambipom.gif

Tales ♂ Lv35

ditto.gif
Magic Lv39 @ BrightPowder (Daycare)

I recommend you to open the Box spoiler to get a surprise, it actually took me a lot of time evolving all those who evolve by level.

Well, it's a long way for Serra, so see ya.

Also, going to catch that Snorlax...

And for Vinny those who wanna know, here is my common team that will probably be sing the majority of the game, except when the important battle (Leaders) when I will switch to have the most possible type advantage

020.png660.png400.png398.png668.png137.png

Edited by Hinaru-Sama

I'm kinda surprised you would have problems against Aya. Thought some of her Pokes got nerfed to hard and you would easily curbstomp her. And Braveheart will be yor Hero against Serra.

Actually, my original plan didn't had Raticate and Pyroar, and tried to use Ursaring and Noctowl.

That Nidoqueen could tank even Huge Power Diggersby Dig, so it was a problem, and Exploud's Boomburst killed more of his comrades that Aya's pokemon. Oh, and that Gengar was a problem one shoting half of my team with Focus Blast.

After 4 or 5 looses and killing 4 of Aya's pokes at best, dropped both Ursaring and Noctowl and used Rati and Pyroar... Rati was a boss and one shoted the damn Gengar with Sucker Punch, and critted with Double Edge to put an end to both Tentacruel and Nidoqueen, and Pyroar tanked a Dragalde's Hydro Pump while using Work Up and then flinched it while Exploud this time used Uproar... with was an overall less damage but better idea.

Why didn't you get Bulldoze on Diggersby and pair it with a Flying type for the slow? (Well, if it's not on the tutor list, I understand, same thing happened to me with a few moves, because based Ame hue) And maybe Swords Dance? You can also get one of the elemental Fangs on Exploud for that extra coverage.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

Why didn't you get Bulldoze on Diggersby and pair it with a Flying type for the slow? (Well, if it's not on the tutor list, I understand, same thing happened to me with a few moves, because based Ame hue) And maybe Swords Dance? You can also get one of the elemental Fangs on Exploud for that extra coverage.

I will be honest, I didn't even think of mining for Bulldoze, like Dig is stronger and for 1v1 maybe Bulldoze ain't worth it.

And no, SD wouldn't have helped here, because the Tenta could easily (And did) 2 shot me with Muddy Water.

And for the Fangs, they are meaningless, here are some calcs:

Resisted Boomburst: 105 BP

Neutral Boomburst: 210 BP

Neutral Elemental Fang: 65 BP

SE Elemental Fang: 130 BP

Only rock and steel pokemon resist that Boomburst, and only Fire Fang can hit one of those for SE damage, even so, my SpA is higher than my Atk, and those type are more physical defensive... so yeah.

I will be honest, I didn't even think of mining for Bulldoze, like Dig is stronger and for 1v1 maybe Bulldoze ain't worth it.

And no, SD wouldn't have helped here, because the Tenta could easily (And did) 2 shot me with Muddy Water.

And for the Fangs, they are meaningless, here are some calcs:

Resisted Boomburst: 105 BP

Neutral Boomburst: 210 BP

Neutral Elemental Fang: 65 BP

SE Elemental Fang: 130 BP

Only rock and steel pokemon resist that Boomburst, and only Fire Fang can hit one of those for SE damage, even so, my SpA is higher than my Atk, and those type are more physical defensive... so yeah.

I recommended the fangs because I saw Supersonic on Exploud and I was like...what? Just figured the two turn factor of Dig isn't that good as well although dodging damage helps. I'm just recommending some moves that you can use in the overall long run, not just this gym.

Also Pyroar apparently gets Hyper Beam which is a bit lolzy but since you get to switch when you kill something so why not? (inb4 changed mechanics)

Repeating myself for the 3rd time: People are having difficulties against battles that (Pressumably) they shouldn't... Doesn't matter, you won anyway...

Good job ^^ I guess the hard gym battles, as of 10.5 are gone, so i don't see a lot of problems for you now... However, i do want to see you battling Noel, that's going to be great ^^ Other than that, there isn't much to say really...

Good luck ^^

Minor Challenge: Beat the lvl 100 Abra, but only 1 pokemon can faint in the battle ^^

Second "challenge": Block the Doctor instead of Sirius in Laura's place

Minor Challenge: Beat the lvl 100 Abra, but only 1 pokemon can faint in the battle ^^

Second "challenge": Block the Doctor instead of Sirius in Laura's place

I accept your challenge, both of them.

Can I fight the doctor both times? Or when I can battle him with Cain I have to say no? (Because I want to kick his ass both times)

Nah, by block i meant: When you have a choice between blocking Sirius or The doctor, block the Doctor. For funzies.

No, you can't battle the Doctor twice. You can, however, take the "hard road" and battle Sirius first and then the Doctor on Laura's place...

Nah, by block i meant: When you have a choice between blocking Sirius or The doctor, block the Doctor. For funzies.

No, you can't battle the Doctor twice. You can, however, take the "hard road" and battle Sirius first and then the Doctor on Laura's place...

So, in the Yureyu building, I have to say no to the doctor?

Also, saw something beautiful in Blissey's movepool... need to breed a Modest one with Serene Grace, and be called Arceus's bane.

So, in the Yureyu building, I have to say no to the doctor?

Also, saw something beautiful in Blissey's movepool... need to breed a Modest one with Serene Grace, and be called Arceus's bane.

Yeah, say no to the Doctor in the building... Also, i think i know what you saw... I think...

Yeah, say no to the Doctor in the building... Also, i think i know what you saw... I think...

Tell me and you win both a cookie and that Vinny never leaves my team... at least until Radomus.

I know you missed me, but griding a Slow type experience pokemon from Lv14 to Lv50 was not a goodidea.

Nevermind, beat Serra with only one down, she was easy if you ask me.

ursaring.gif

Teddy ♀ Lv49 @ BrightPowder

Brave
Quick Feet
-Slash
-Hammer Arm
-Feint Attack
-Rest
snorlax.gif
Munchi ♂ Lv49 @ Leftovers
Naughty
Thick Fat
-Body Slam
-Heavy Slam
-Crunch
-Stockpile
purugly.gif
Garfield Lv49 @ BrightPowder
Rash
Thick Fat
-Body Slam
-Sucker Punch
-Assist
-Charm

bibarel.gif

Derp Lv49 @ BrightPowder

Bashful
Moody
-Hyper Fang
-Superpower
-Shadow Ball
-Water Gun

staraptor.gif

Vinny Lv49 @ BrightPowder

Adamant

Reckless

-Brave Bird

-Facade

-Close Combat

-Aerial Ace

pyroar-f.gif

Braveheart Lv50 @ BrightPowder

Rash
Moxie
-Flamethrower
-Hyper Voice
-Crunch
-Work Up
Boxed guys:

noctowl.gif

Priestess Lv49 @ BrightPowder

pidgeot.gif

Tamara [shiny] ♂ Lv49 @ Zoom Lens

porygon.gif
Database Lv49 @ BrightPowder

raticate.gif

Joey ♀ Lv49 @ BrightPowder

diggersby.gif

Bugs ♂ Lv49 @ BrightPowder

fearow.gif

Malice ♂ Lv50 @ BrightPowder

exploud.gif

Hertz ♂ Lv49 @ BrightPowder

igglybuff.gif

Music ♀ Lv5

watchog.gif

Scout Lv20

pidgeot.gif

Peace Lv36

stoutland.gif
Barf Lv32

unfezant.gif

Pidgeon Lv32

persian.gif

Rocket Lv30

linoone.gif

Pattern Lv35

furret.gif
Sentry ♀ Lv15

dodrio.gif

Trio ♂ Lv32

delcatty.gif

Nyaa Lv25

castform.gif

Meteo ♀ Lv15

azurill.gif

Mini ♂ Lv5
buneary.gif

Beauty ♀ Lv15

dunsparce.gif

Trollie ♂ Lv39

chansey.gif

Ignis Lv40

ambipom.gif

Tales ♂ Lv35

furfrou.gif

Estyle Lv35

ditto.gif
Magic Lv45 @ BrightPowder (Daycare)

Okay guys, see you when it's time to kick Noel's ass (And show him who is the true Normal type master)

Edited by Hinaru-Sama

And for Vinny those who wanna know, here is my common team that will probably be sing the majority of the game, except when the important battle (Leaders) when I will switch to have the most possible type advantage

020.png660.png400.png398.png668.png137.png

Staraptor; I'm in this bitch ^^

Suggestion: Buy a flying gem for a harsh battle. A Staraptor's Brave Bird + STAB + Reckless + Adamant + Flying Gem = An attack that Talonflame would be jealous about...

Other than that, well: You have a lot of pokemons, so i don't think you need anything extra on your team for now... But, have you considered a Gyarados Weavile Zangoose? Glass cannon, sure but... Glass cannon...

On a side note: If you have pacience you can make a team of Zigzaggons/Meowths as Pickup crew, to get dat money... But worry about that after you beat Radomus...

For now, just go to Noel and show him who's the real Normal type master ^^

Good luck (No challenges this time... for now... for now)

No really, there's no challenge :/