Noel, how am I having trouble with freaking Noel?

ShadowDefender

So, I come back to you guys, greats of Reborn, asking for help. My team is as follows:

Lucario lv. 54

Docile

Aura Sphere, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, and Fient(no better move until dragon pulse)

Torterra lv. 52

Brave

Earthquake, Crunch, Razor Leaf, and Giga Drain

Arcanine lv. 52

Bashful

Flamethrower, outrage, crunch, and reversal(again no better move)

Gyrados lv. 52

Lax

Rain dance, Ice Fang, Dragon Dance, Aqua Tail

Crobat lv. 52

Hardy

Acrobatics, Confuse Ray, Poison Fang, and Air Slash

I always get swept by his freaking Proygon-z that always gets the sp.attack boost, never the attack boost from download.

I'm not sure what could help me with Noel, but any suggestions would helpful.

To avoid the Special boost, just send in a pokemon that has higher special defense than physical...

Maybe a tip? I didn't struggle against him at all, i just had an physical fighting type (Infernape...). Of course, now Clefable is a fairy type, which can be threatning, but i'm guessing a Close Combat can shut down that Porygon for good...

Off-topic:

So, Noel has a Cleffa doll, and has a Clefable is his party... And Anna has a Jirachi doll, so... does this means that she has a... We're dommed, with all the desire...

Edited by Vinny953

So, Noel has a Cleffa doll, and has a Clefable is his party... And Anna has a Jirachi doll, so... does this means that she has a... We're dommed, with all the desire...

Yes, we're doomed. FFFFFFUUUUUUUU

You know, since it looks like you're only using five pokemons, you could always go catch some random pokemon that has a higher base special defense than physical...

That's what it looks like I'm going to have to do

You can set up with Gyarados on his Cinccino pretty easily too, just lower his attack so you don't have to deal with those rock blasts, set up 2-3 Dragon Dances and (if there's no natural rain) set up Rain dance too, then proceed to sweep with Aqua Tail. That's pretty much how I beat him though.

I just used a cofagrigus/Gourgeist Combo. Will-O-Wisp/LeechSeed/Curse and then I just seed bombed everything except staraptor. Never in my life have I been more appreciative of Status inflicting moves. :I

Consider spending a heart scale to re-teach your gyarados bite over water dance. If you can't set up enough to one-shot some things, then you might be able to get them to flinch once and then finish with aqua tail. I swept Noel just fine with Gyarados after two dragon dances (with moxie).

I easily set up on his Cinccino with my Escavalier. Try to set up on it. Maybe even buy some X Atk./Sp. Atk if you need the boost. If you need money, catch a Meowth from the Beryl Cemetery and prevent it from evolving until it learns Pay Day

^ I got ninja'd.

But anyway, Like arkhidon says, Porygon-2 needs a dubious disc. But the only place to get one is in the Obsidia Dep. Store's eighth floor with the rest of the Evolution items (Probably.....), and there aren't enough stickers either way to get to the seventh floor (unless you had ep 9), much less the eighth.

EDIT: when I say ep 9, I mean that during the transition from 9 to 10, the chrysolia spinel town sticker event got reset, so people had access to a 6th sticker. qq I want those damn stones D:

Edited by Lynxiechan

Consider spending a heart scale to re-teach your gyarados bite over water dance. If you can't set up enough to one-shot some things, then you might be able to get them to flinch once and then finish with aqua tail. I swept Noel just fine with Gyarados after two dragon dances (with moxie).

Moxie doesn't work in 10.5. That being said, Bite becomes rather pointless as Clefable converts into a fairy type. And his Cincinno has skill link (repeated attacks have a consistent frequency of 5) so if bite misses, you're fucked since cincinno has decent attack and knows rock blast :I

EDIT:

But literally, I haven't said anything constructive to help you, so, here I go~

I like your team so far. As long as your pokemon have speed thats above average you should be fine. That being said, A few things to look out for are:

Cincinno: That Cincinno has it's hidden ability Skill Link, which makes all repetitive moves hit you 5 times. It knows Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, and Tail Slap, and I think Tickle, which is a helluva annoying move if it hits you more than once. Seriously. I'd recommend Blaziken, but you're far too deep in game to get it anyway.

Staraptor: This thing's High attack stat coupled with it's intimidate ability makes it formidable, especially because then you're unlikely to 1HKO it. That being said, your gyarados having stacked Dragon Dances should cancel that effect, so no problem.

Porygon-Z: This thing, is a speedsweeper. Being the fastest on the team (assumably faster than Noel's Staraptor), it makes it a helluva hard wrecking ball to stop because of it's special attack and it's download ability, which is irritating. BUT, Gyarados coupled with Dragon Dance, And rain dance should be able to knock it out with Aqua Tail, or Ice fang (either way one or two dragon dances with Ice fang/Aqua tail will take it out, it's defense/special defense is it's weak point). If not, I recommend Gallade, because of it's extremely high special defense (33/50, standing at 115 base special defense) and it's not weak to anything but flying, fairy and ghost (Porygon

will unlikely have shadow ball).

Swellow: Flame Orb, Brave Bird STAB advantage, and it's guts ability make this bird a total wrecking machine. Just bring Cofagrigus. And then, use power split on it to weaken it severely. Trust me thats what I would do. It's a good idea.

Clefable: As of 10.5 this bitch becomes a fairy type, screwing Noel's monotype team (I mean WHYYYYY...). Knowing Moonblast, Meteor Mash, Cosmic Power, and Minimize, it makes a formidable foe, but why Ame put A physical attack on a Special Attacker beats me. I kept to stored power instead of Meteor mash hahah. Crobat should have no problem wiping it out, Two or three poison fangs and its gone.

A few pointers:

---> Unless your Crobat is a special attacker, I'm baffled by why you kept air slash. Bite is by far a better move and can do well as a flincher and the only move Crobat learns that takes out one of it's type disadvantages, the Psychic type. I'd recommend relearning it.

---> That Torterra needs a rock type move. Staraptor will swipe it in one brave bird, and swellow in two. to top it off, Swellow has a flame orb (beats me why he gave it that, swellow..... has guts... right.)... never mind.

---> Get A pokemon with high defense on your team. Aggron is a recommendation, at level 42, if you rare candy it from 15-40, it has a defense of 175 as an Aggron. It was ridiculous, this thing tanked an avalugg's earthquake with 3 stages of Iron Defense, 3 times. I managed to Iron head it before then lmao.

---> A Psychic type will also do you REAL good. I recommend Mr. Mime or Gardevoir. Mainly Mr. Mime because it's quicker and can set up a reflect and probably do some damage in general before one of his pokemon knocks it out. I highly recommend you save it for Swellow or Staraptor, because both birds have a severe disadvantage to special attackers. I'm starting to realise maybe why you kept Air Slash.

---> ANY rock type will do you SERIOUS good. High defense always does you good against Noel, his team mainly revolves around physical attackers. Watch out for Clefable and Porygon Z if you do take this recommendation into account.

---> The pokemon I recommend you keep are Lucario and Gyarados, mainly because they both have advantages against this gym leader.

Thats all from me, good luck~!

Edited by Lynxiechan

Moxie doesn't work in 10.5. That being said, Bite becomes rather pointless as Clefable converts into a fairy type. And his Cincinno has skill link (repeated attacks have a consistent frequency of 5) so if bite misses, you're fucked since cincinno has decent attack and knows rock blast :I

EDIT:

But literally, I haven't said anything constructive to help you, so, here I go~

I like your team so far. As long as your pokemon have speed thats above average you should be fine. That being said, A few things to look out for are:

Cincinno: That Cincinno has it's hidden ability Skill Link, which makes all repetitive moves hit you 5 times. It knows Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, and Tail Slap, and I think Tickle, which is a helluva annoying move if it hits you more than once. Seriously. I'd recommend Blaziken, but you're far too deep in game to get it anyway.

Staraptor: This thing's High attack stat coupled with it's intimidate ability makes it formidable, especially because then you're unlikely to 1HKO it. That being said, your gyarados having stacked Dragon Dances should cancel that effect, so no problem.

Porygon-Z: This thing, is a speedsweeper. Being the fastest on the team (assumably faster than Noel's Staraptor), it makes it a helluva hard wrecking ball to stop because of it's special attack and it's download ability, which is irritating. BUT, Gyarados coupled with Dragon Dance, And rain dance should be able to knock it out with Aqua Tail, or Ice fang (either way one or two dragon dances with Ice fang/Aqua tail will take it out, it's defense/special defense is it's weak point). If not, I recommend Gallade, because of it's extremely high special defense (33/50, standing at 115 base special defense) and it's not weak to anything but flying, fairy and ghost (Porygon

will unlikely have shadow ball).

Swellow: Flame Orb, Brave Bird STAB advantage, and it's guts ability make this bird a total wrecking machine. Just bring Cofagrigus. And then, use power split on it to weaken it severely. Trust me thats what I would do. It's a good idea.

Clefable: As of 10.5 this bitch becomes a fairy type, screwing Noel's monotype team (I mean WHYYYYY...). Knowing Moonblast, Meteor Mash, Cosmic Power, and Minimize, it makes a formidable foe, but why Ame put A physical attack on a Special Attacker beats me. I kept to stored power instead of Meteor mash hahah. Crobat should have no problem wiping it out, Two or three poison fangs and its gone.

A few pointers:

---> Unless your Crobat is a special attacker, I'm baffled by why you kept air slash. Bite is by far a better move and can do well as a flincher and the only move Crobat learns that takes out one of it's type disadvantages, the Psychic type. I'd recommend relearning it.

---> That Torterra needs a rock type move. Staraptor will swipe it in one brave bird, and swellow in two. to top it off, Swellow has a flame orb (beats me why he gave it that, swellow..... has guts... right.)... never mind.

---> Get A pokemon with high defense on your team. Aggron is a recommendation, at level 42, if you rare candy it from 15-40, it has a defense of 175 as an Aggron. It was ridiculous, this thing tanked an avalugg's earthquake with 3 stages of Iron Defense, 3 times. I managed to Iron head it before then lmao.

---> A Psychic type will also do you REAL good. I recommend Mr. Mime or Gardevoir. Mainly Mr. Mime because it's quicker and can set up a reflect and probably do some damage in general before one of his pokemon knocks it out. I highly recommend you save it for Swellow or Staraptor, because both birds have a severe disadvantage to special attackers. I'm starting to realise maybe why you kept Air Slash.

---> ANY rock type will do you SERIOUS good. High defense always does you good against Noel, his team mainly revolves around physical attackers. Watch out for Clefable and Porygon Z if you do take this recommendation into account.

---> The pokemon I recommend you keep are Lucario and Gyarados, mainly because they both have advantages against this gym leader.

Thats all from me, good luck~!

tl;didn't edit. I ended up sweeping him gyrados. Overkill +6 Dragon Dance.

-Um, I really recommend Torterra (second playthrough with this tank) for this game, but unless you breed for rock moves, can't really get any...........yet.

-I spent thirty minutes trying to decide Bite v.s. Air Slash. With how little there is in difference between my crobats attack and sp.attack, figured "Why not?"

-I was actually thinking about an electric type, might train all three. Never been to big on the whole "rotating party members out," deal. Meh.

@Ame

I think you should switch Noels Clefable to another Pokemon because it isn´t a normal type Pokemon anymore. Maybe to a Wigglytuff and switch his Clefable doll to a Wigglytuff doll.

Wigglytuff is honestly not very good, its got good hp but barely passable offensive stats and absolutely horrid defenses and speed. Its abilities are mediocre at best and it movepool shalow.

...Clefable doesn't have Meteor Mash...? Or Minimize. Who's Clefable are you fighting? xP

I was pretty sure Noel's one did when I fought it. I know MINE had those moves. o3o (PLEASE dont tell me Im delusional and I think I fought my Clefable because I stuck that thing in one of my pc boxes and left it to rot :/ It's kinda bad in terms of where I'm at)

@Ame

I think you should switch Noels Clefable to another Pokemon because it isn´t a normal type Pokemon anymore. Maybe to a Wigglytuff and switch his Cleffa doll to an Igglybuff doll.

Welp, I got ninja'd to it, but I can't help but reiterate that Wigglytuff's kinda crap. Sorry if that offends. :/

YES! JUST WENT BACK TO EPISODE 9 AND GOT THE 6TH STICKER!! NOW TO GET RIOLU. Where was beldum again? lol

Byxbysion Wasteland. You have to use teleport while riding a tauros to get it there. In other words, your last Healing spot has to be there. Furthermore, Ame noticed that glitch and scripted it out in 10.5. So make sure you don't try and do it in that episode. :P (I haven't actually done this myself so I have no clue how to do it, but y'know, I'll find out eventually, I find out everything eventually~ )
Edited by Lynxiechan