So... I wanna share something...

It's just for all of your lols.

In case you've never met me I'm twice as pushy as Grasssnake. If you haven't met her or me you're screwed. In case you haven't noticed do to the common lack of common sense, I like dark types.

And just for all of you who came for the lolz and enjoy a guy like me's misery, not only do I hate you, but I'm giving you a gift of a sort.

I was playing my Y game a while back, just unlocked the friend safari. I felt like it was a great idea for friends to share pokemon and have your own type label and such. So I got into touch with my friend Chris. He lives in Pennsylvania, so it'd be great for him and I to exchange codes.

I gave him mine and he gave me his, when I checked his it was psychic type. Perfect for him. He's so creative and open minded.

However I knew if there was one dammed type in this game that wouldn't suit me it would be the one just introduced, yeah fairy type. I sure didn't want that. I'd be ok with freaking rock type over that crap.

The moment my friend Chris told me what type my safari was a felt my soul inside me slowly die and have to snap its own neck just to put itself out of the horrible misery it just felt.

Of all types in this game I could've got for a safari, you wanna know what I got?

My polar opposite enemy of doom. The pink evil. THEM.

Fucking... FAIRY...

I couldn't believe it, in no way. I thought being around Grass was bad enough, but then there was this? WHY!? The sad thing is I train both dragons and dark types. I've only trained one fairy type because it has the least weaknesses and it's just to overpowered. That was my sylveon. It was originally meant to be an umbreon, until i realized the fairy threat. So I had to fight fire with fire.

But a safari full of fairies, going to my friend, FROM ME OF ALL PEOPLE!? No, just no.

I think you;re misunderstanding the nature of fairies. They are not designed to be cute and cuddly, they're based off 'The Fair Folk', which are more like Humanoid abominations [just look at Gardevoirs egg group]. Do a bit of research on them.

You don't understand, they only have 2 weaknesses and people are finding more and more ways to make them better, huge defense and hp is bad for me, and believe me, since my first pokemon game I've ever played the dark and dragon types were always there, I'm not concerned over them being cute and such. It's that they're literally destroying everything I've ever used and worked for. They've crushed me. When a mega gardevoir nearly 35 levels weaker than an amazingly trained lv100 hydreigon knocks it out, there's an issue. Plus in Japan they're light type, simply adding to my hatred seeing as dark types are where I've always been.

Actually, no, in Japan they are still Fairy type. And your Hydreigon died probably because, 1. Double type weakness, 2. You probably had no sp. defense/ hp EVs. It was not meant to live lol, it had to DIEEEE

Edited by Tenshine

Electric types only have ONE weakness. Ghosts only have 2, Water only has 2...etc.

Remember, fairies were introduced SPECIFICALLY to nerf dragons. Also note that the ones who are complaining most about fairys are Dragon trainers.

Electric types only have ONE weakness. Ghosts only have 2, Water only has 2...etc.

Remember, fairies were introduced SPECIFICALLY to nerf dragons. Also note that the ones who are complaining most about fairys are Dragon trainers.

Well, they didn't need to be completely immune to a type that's only used for its neutral coverage.

They did. As I said, they were designed to be the counter to Dragons. So a Fairy can switch in on a Garchomps Outrage and be fine.

In interviews the designers said that the new type's advantages and disadvantages were worked out first, before designing what the theme was.

Although Fairy was a pushed in to the games, it was needed as Dragons were running rampant.

As a fellow dragon trainer i absolutely hate all the fairies (except for Gardevoir) but hey this will encourage the use of different pokemon in every team (to counter them), now i'm training a Gengar for this purpose.

Be careful with Dazzling Gleam on Gengar. Mainly against Goodra. No matter how high your special attack is, Goodra will kill Gengar before Gengar kills it. i've seen that happen so often.

• 4 weeks later...

They did. As I said, they were designed to be the counter to Dragons. So a Fairy can switch in on a Garchomps Outrage and be fine.

In interviews the designers said that the new type's advantages and disadvantages were worked out first, before designing what the theme was.

Although Fairy was a pushed in to the games, it was needed as Dragons were running rampant.

I thought that dragons were doing fine with out fairy. Being that just like ghost a dragon could super effectively oh-ko another dragon plus the ice which thought still doesn't make sense THROUGH THE GENZ. That some of these trumps make sense in the real world or element beating element, and i still can't see a mythical beast that breaths fire being weak against ice.

• 2 weeks later...

Although my standing toward fairies is neutral they are fairly(no pun intended) easy to counter. Sludge Bomb and Iron Head WRECK them. Yeah, people are finding ways to make them better and yeah they do sorta kill Dragons and Dark types but thats no reason to despair. Heck, I use a poison type mono, think of all the threats that are presented to me. Once you know how to defeat your enemy you may just learn to appreciate them.

Eh, I'm mainly a Dark type trainer (Though I'm not exclusive to it) Fairies haven't presented me much of a problem. The ones with lower defenses died to my Hydreigon's Earthquakes. And the ones with higher defenses just couldn't dent my Tyranitar

I'm running a Scizor and Mismagius now as well, the former takes out physical offensive and status crazed Fairies, the latter tanks special ones with ease and uses them for setup

Something that needs to be said as well: Fairy was made to nerf Dragon, that's true, but now with the weakness of Steel, that type was made to be overpowered. I know Steel lost his resistance to both Dark and Ghost, but still.

Also, be happy you have Y at least. I would be fine with any Friend Safari as long as I got a X/Y copy.