Chacal

mmm... the game works well so far, but i just check my team, and a lot of my pokemon have different abilities, for example my arcanine had intimidate and now he has justified :/, I dunno if everybody has notice that

Edited by Chacal

It's probably because the your game save data stores your Pokemon's abilities as numbers, and then the game goes to reference lists to check which ability that is, but the reference lists' abilities may have very well gotten moved around and switched in the transition from Gen V to Gen VI.

• 1 year later...

For me also, please look into it. I just patched my game from 14 to 14.1 and a lot of pokemon in my pc changed abilities. Noiwern's frisk went to infiltrator, ralt's trace went to telepathy, azumarril went to sapsipper, all my pick-up pokemon who were in pc ability changed to something else. I dont care about other ability so much but i want to keep pick up, trace and frisk. I went to black market to buy ability capsules then i got my pick-ups back, but every time i bought a ability capsule a guy who sells them raised a price for one shard. Every time i buy a capsule it gets more expensive!? It is + 10 000 gold for every capsule basically it seems. How high can the price get? If i will have to pay capsules after every patch that would be a problem with the rising price, can you stop him from rising the number of shards for a capsule at least??

For me also, please look into it. I just patched my game from 14 to 14.1 and a lot of pokemon in my pc changed abilities. Noiwern's frisk went to infiltrator, ralt's trace went to telepathy, azumarril went to sapsipper, all my pick-up pokemon who were in pc ability changed to something else. I dont care about other ability so much but i want to keep pick up, trace and frisk. I went to black market to buy ability capsules then i got my pick-ups back, but every time i bought a ability capsule a guy who sells them raised a price for one shard. Every time i buy a capsule it gets more expensive!? It is + 10 000 gold for every capsule basically it seems. How high can the price get? If i will have to pay capsules after every patch that would be a problem with the rising price, can you stop him from rising the number of shards for a capsule at least??

Update to 14.6 because a lot of bugs were fixed. Also, there are shards everywhere if you explore because Ame likes to hide them on rocks and even in open spaces you just gotta have the Item finder. Don't get me started on the Wasteland...that place has so much loot its ridiculous.

Edit: Just noticed this is a REALLY old post.... try not to "Necro" post....

Edited by DoubleAA14

Abilities do change, but you can change them back with ability capsules which you can get from the seller in Agate circus. You need shards. and yeah this is a old post, which I just reliazed. create a new topic next time.

Edited by alaneapen