question about pickup parties

Uprox

So I put together a full 6 pokemon pickup team and had some question about if the mechanics are changed in reborn. The pokemon wiki said that the pickup ability gives a pokemon a 10% chance to create an item after each battle you kill a pokemon in (even when that pokemon does not fight). Now with a team of 6 pickup pokemon, and a several years old basic statistics class says, 10% chance to happen means 90% chance to not happen, and with 6 pokemon, each with 10% probability. That means 0.90 (chance not to pickup an item) ^ 6 (number of times theres a chance of pickup or not) = 0.5314 (combined chance of all 6 not picking up). Now take 1 minus that to get 0.4685 or 46.86% chance to pickup atleast 1 item between the 6 pokemon per battle.

Hopfully that makes sence and my probability math is right and easy to follow. Now I've faced 15ish wild pokemon fights and recived no items, which doesn't seem to follow what should be a almost 50% per fight for 1 item. So my first question was if Iwas missing some mechanic, or something else I didnt undestand was happrning?

My other question was that some people mentioned using a "speed hack" program when farming with their pickup teams. I was wondering what exactly this speeds up to be useful for farming? And also that people have mentioned using some kind of hack related program to change the time for weather related reasons, and that this has broken their game file in some glichy ways. Would there be a danger of this in using the speed hack method for pickup farming?

So.. Hi, I'm new, Uprox here, and asking questions!