Rejuvenation 13.5 DifficultyPlus Mod (Currently only Chapters 1-5)

PixelMods

I have created a difficulty enhancing mod for Rejuvenation 13.5

1. Other than Breeders and Chapter 1 Madelis, all trainer Pokemon's IVs have been set to 31. There are some Pokemon that have a Speed IV of 0, but only when it benefits them. This affects trainers throughout all chapters, including chapters 6+.
  2. If a trainer's EVs were not specified, they are now all 81. This only enhances trainers, never weakens them. This affects trainers throughout all chapters, including chapters 6+.
  3. Battles in chapters 1-5 that I thought were important enough were enhanced. Not all battles were enhanced equally, but all of them should be harder.
    1. I did not give any trainers new Pokemon
    2. I did not raise the level of any Pokemon beyond the level cap. Pokemon that were already above the level cap did not have their levels change further.
    3. I did not give any Pokemon illegal EVs.
    4. I did not change AI or fields.
    5. I did evolve unevolved Pokemon at some points, but only if they were capable of evolution at that point.
    6. I did give Pokemon TM/Tutor moves that were not obtainable at that point in the game.
  4. All trainers that were changed beyond just giving them max IVs and flat 81 EVs were documented. I also documented what teams I used to beat them when I play tested, in case you're having difficulty.
  5. This mod primarily affects Classic (Normal) Mode. The only changes that affect Story (Easy) Mode are the EV and IV changes outline on the first numbered line.

Gauntlet (Optional)

I, additionally, developed a Gauntlet with all the enhanced trainers there, as well as a bunch of cheat stuff I used when playtesting so that I wouldn't have to replay through the first five chapters just to test my mod.

You can access the Gauntlet from your PC. If you don't want access to the Gauntlet and the temptation to cheat it brings with it, there is a version without it below.

If you do install the version with the Gauntlet, and you have my Sandbox mod installed as well, make sure to update the Sandbox mod as otherwise you could get stuck only able to go to the Sandbox and the Gauntlet maps.

Installation: Just extract the contents of the zip into your rejuvenation folder and replace any files that need to be replaced.

Please give feedback either below or in the linked thread on the Reborn Evolved discord: https://discord.com/channels/112443923003084800/1185351828855062598

DifficultyPlus w/ Gauntlet: Pixel's Rejuv DifficultyPlus Mod v1 - Chapters 1-5 - With Gauntlet.zip

DifficultyPlus w/out Gauntlet: Pixel's Rejuv DifficultyPlus Mod v1 - Chapters 1-5 - No Gauntlet.zip

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ba_zZjZIJ_lnbCzWMS1tm1LZj3UowAoT?usp=sharing

Edited by pixelgms
Clarified that this mod is for Classic Mode not Story Mode

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 1:07 PM, chippy said:

having a lot of fun with this, thanks for making it!

No problem, it was my pleasure. It was fun to both make and test.

On 1/11/2024 at 8:53 AM, chippy said:

Any plans to tweek the fights past chapter 5? Really like the fairness of your changes!

Maaaaybe. I probably will tweak everything up to the GDC eventually. I don't think I'll make any or many changes past that, since that's when things start getting somewhat hard. Maybe I'll tweak some of the earlier GDC chapters though. 

I might also make another difficulty mod that is even harder. One that's meant for if you're playing with a randomizer to keep things hard.

Also, thanks for saying it's fair. I'm glad to hear that. I tested out all the changes I made with Pokemon you could legitimately get by that point and made sure not to use multiple of the mystery egg Pokemon from the same mystery egg. I also made sure to only use a single starter and I think once it got to its third stage I mostly avoided using it because it made some battles too easy. I also only used held items and evolution items I'm sure you could get by the given battle and I think I only used potions for one of the battles.

• 2 weeks later...

After I finish my current playthrough of the mod I'll start working on an update. I think I'll be able to start this upcoming Friday, February 2nd.

The update will only be adding one new chapter, but after I finish playing through it, I'll start working on Chapter 7. 

Since this update is only adding coverage to a single chapter, plus an additional battle I overlooked in Chapter 4, and a couple small things, this update shouldn't take too long. 
Todo

• General Changes (These would probably be their own mods, but I'll have them uploaded on the same forum page)
    • Something to make EV training faster and more precise
      • Shop with Vitamins, Feathers, Berries, and the thing that maxes EVs maybe?
      • Alternatively just make an NPC that can directly change EVs
    • Easier/Faster renewable way to get Ability Capsules and Nature Mints
      • Either make them buyable with money or increase the number of AP you get from achievments, or decrease the number needed to buy them in the AP shop
  • Chapters 1-3
    • I may have used Shadow Pokemon as normal Pokemon for some of my battles to test if I could beat a trainer, and the NPCs in the Gauntlet don't give Shadow Pokemon, I think. I'll need to redo those battles without those shadow pokemon being purified
  • Chapter 4
    • Boss Giratina is battled before Geara, not afterward, just need to change the order in which they're listed
    • Rift Gyarados Rebattle wasn't buffed, or was only buffed as much as any other battle not listed in the documentation.
  • Chapter 5
    • TBD
      • I haven't finished Chapter 5 of my current playthrough yet. If I notice any issues, I'll put them here.
  • Chapter 6
    • Increase difficulty of important Chapter 6 battles
    • Add battles with increased difficulty to the Gauntlet

If you have any suggestions, please comment below.

On 1/31/2024 at 12:38 AM, pixelgms said:

AfterIfinishmycurrentplaythroughofthemodI'llstartworkingonanupdate. IthinkI'llbeabletostartthisupcomingFriday, February 2nd.

Theupdatewillonlybeaddingonenewchapter, butafterIfinishplayingthroughit, I'llstartworkingonChapter 7. 

Sincethisupdateisonlyaddingcoveragetoasinglechapter, plusanadditionalbattleIoverlookedinChapter 4, andacouplesmallthings, thisupdateshouldn'ttaketoolong. 
Todo

• GeneralChanges (Thesewouldprobablybetheirownmods, butI'llhavethemuploadedonthesameforumpage)
    • SomethingtomakeEVtrainingfasterandmoreprecise
      • ShopwithVitamins, Feathers, Berries, andthethingthatmaxesEVsmaybe?
      • AlternativelyjustmakeanNPCthatcandirectlychangeEVs
    • Easier/FasterrenewablewaytogetAbilityCapsulesandNatureMints
      • EithermakethembuyablewithmoneyorincreasethenumberofAPyougetfromachievments, ordecreasethenumberneededtobuythemintheAPshop
  • Chapters 1-3
    • ImayhaveusedShadowPokemonasnormalPokemonforsomeofmybattlestotestifIcouldbeatatrainer, andtheNPCsintheGauntletdon'tgiveShadowPokemon, Ithink. I'llneedtoredothosebattleswithoutthoseshadowpokemonbeingpurified
  • Chapter 4
    • BossGiratinaisbattledbeforeGeara, notafterward, justneedtochangetheorderinwhichthey'relisted
    • RiftGyaradosRebattlewasn'tbuffed, orwasonlybuffedasmuchasanyotherbattlenotlistedinthedocumentation.
  • Chapter 5
    • TBD
      • Ihaven'tfinishedChapter 5 ofmycurrentplaythroughyet. IfInoticeanyissues, I'llputthemhere.
  • Chapter 6
    • IncreasedifficultyofimportantChapter 6 battles
    • AddbattleswithincreaseddifficultytotheGauntlet

Ifyouhaveanysuggestions, pleasecommentbelow.

I finished playing Chapter 5 and will be ready to start modding it later today

Additional changes:

• Chapter 5
    • Novae fight
    • Maybe the Construction Crew miniboss fight

• 2 months later...

Not an update on this (though I'll get back to working on this mod within the next month, I'm just busy with college at the moment) but I made a smart difficulty mod that automatically optimizes EVs and nature for trainer Pokemon without any stats with at least 124 EVs in it.

Unlike this mod, it affects the whole game, though in late game it should only affect random trainers, since all important battles will already be optimized.

It isn't perfect, and I've only tested it a little, but it should help increase the difficulty.

It can be found here: