Was Big Root's Function Changed?

Charon

Since I can't find any documentation for it anywhere, has the way Big Root functions been changed for Rejuvenation? In vanilla Pokemon game all it does is increase the amount of HP absorbed from Hp-absorbing attacks, but in Rejuv 13.5 the item description instead says it boosts the power of HP-stealing moves to do something similar. I'm assuming that means stuff like Giga Drain and Draining Kiss become more powerful, but I don't know if that's how it works mechanically, or how the power boost compares to something like Miracle Seed for Giga Drain.

35 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

It always did that since it was introduced in gen 4. Stuff like Leech seed and any draining move always were affected. Pokemon regain 30% more HP from any draining move. 

Well yes, I know it absorbs more HP, it's how it does it that I'm unsure about. In Rejuv, it specifically says "A Pokemon held item that boosts the power of HP-stealing moves to let the holder recover more HP.", while the standard Pokemon game description is, as of SV, "An item to be held by a Pokémon. This root boosts the amount of HP the holder restores to itself when it uses HP-stealing moves." (and before that "An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts the amount of HP the holder restores from HP-stealing moves."), which doesn't say anything about boosting the power of HP-stealing moves.

I'm basically asking if the Big Root was changed to give a power boost to HP-stealing moves specifically, like Charcoal does for Fire moves, not if it lets you absorb more HP% from the moves.