Karma and the existential crisis.

Magus543

So the twist that there's an A.I. writing the plot and characters of everyone in Rejuvenation except the Interceptors and actually demoralizes the heroes into thinking the upcoming Xen raid is doomed.

And I'm here thinking that a revelation like this should be more of an existential crisis, since there's no free will by the cast, that puts into question just how real their actions are then. Is Aelita pals with us because Jan I mean Karma made her friends with us? What about Ren's dream to change Goldenleaf? Venam's and Melia's relationship? 

I get that the Karma twist is referencing the fact that these are all fictional characters without actually breaking the 4th wall, but I feel like this is a revelation that should have lasting effects on the sanity of the cast. We've already seen stuff like Amber and Venam discuss how they as teens are now involved in an operation to save the world and there's a shit ton of pressure on them.

I dunno, maybe Version 14 will dive more into this. 

Like stated by Crescent and the files, Interceptors have to ability to influence other people to refuse the Fate's passage (Interceptor's Effect) so they have chances instead of following the doomed timeline. Probably, after unlocking the perks in the depths of Zeight, we could have some effects which help everyone into nullifing Karma's intervention.

Other than that, I think 13.5 was too much short in terms of the new Chapter: a little bit of more of explaination would be better.

37 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:

Like stated by Crescent and the files, Interceptors have to ability to influence other people to refuse the Fate's passage (Interceptor's Effect) so they have chances instead of following the doomed timeline. Probably, after unlocking the perks in the depths of Zeight, we could have some effects which help everyone into nullifing Karma's intervention.

Other than that, I think 13.5 was too much short in terms of the new Chapter: a little bit of more of explaination would be better.

Wasn't like Crescent's whole thing with Interceptor's Effect was that she just made it up? That she lied primarily to boost moral and only the MC and Melia know that? So unless it's actually true but only when you play the Renegade Route everyone minus the Interceptor still follows fate.

I can see the latter half of using Zeight to null Karma's intervention but until we get to that point, if at all, we have three people that know that Interceptor's Effect is a bold faced lie in order to boost moral.

I didn't remember that detail, tbh, but I think it depends on how both Interceptor will act from now on...about the Renegade Route, it seems like one of the squad will be destined to go crazy like Talon, after the eye reappered on the head of Venam, so the fate changes surely.

It was at the very end of the Paragon Route, where Melia and the MC go talk to Crescent. Just before the Chapter 0 Paragon preview. She says that she made Interceptor Effect up and only her, Melia, and the MC know the truth. I can always go back and do the endgame battle, I still got a save from that point if you want further proof.

What about Melia in Bad Future after Team Xen Raid during Paragon Route? What is she going to do after she passes through Paradox gate? It’s noted by her that Paradox Gate can create miracles. But was that the truth? If the latter is the case, then the lie made by Crescent about Interceptor Effect will turn into truth, won’t it?

Edited by SolareInferno
Sorry. I misspelled somehow.

12 minutes ago, VMeemes said:

It was at the very end of the Paragon Route, where Melia and the MC go talk to Crescent. Just before the Chapter 0 Paragon preview. She says that she made Interceptor Effect up and only her, Melia, and the MC know the truth. I can always go back and do the endgame battle, I still got a save from that point if you want further proof.

I'll reach that point soon, don't worry.

4 minutes ago, SolareInferno said:

What about Melia in Bad Future after Team Xen Raid during Paragon Route? What is she going to do after she passes through Paradox gate? It’s noted by her that Paradox Gate can create miracles. But was that the truth? If the latter isn’t the case, then the lie made by Crescent about Interceptor Effect will turn into truth, won’t it?

I think that Melia is the same Paragon Melia. We have 2 visions in Paragon, but each other are the continuity of the same, but Melia experienced both of them in one night instead of two for us (first contact and Spacea's explosion). For this I think she was so eager to work together in Zeight,

24 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:

I think that Melia is the same Paragon Melia. We have 2 visions in Paragon, but each other are the continuity of the same, but Melia experienced both of them in one night instead of two for us (first contact and Spacea's explosion). For this I think she was so eager to work together in Zeight,

Paragon Melia.

!!!

My gosh!!!

It makes sense to me, right now. Now that I saw what happened.

3 hours ago, SolareInferno said:

Paragon Melia.

!!!

My gosh!!!

It makes sense to me, right now. Now that I saw what happened.

It's still pretty much confusing, so don't worry if you thought differently. After all, I'm not sure how to feel about Melia going over our Zeight, since the game warns about some consequences...

• Thanks 1