Wacky theory after V13.5

Magus543

So in V13.5 the plot gets a lot.....meta. There's a twist that all the characters have been in a loop IE the game keeps updating and things go differently each version, there's an evil A.I. that's controlling events, sees everything as a game, and wants the perfect ending, as well as competing against an undisclosed she who keeps destroying worlds, which feels like a reference to the fact this game was inspired by Reborn by Ame, the fact that all the characters except the protagonist are all pre-programmed to act in certain ways so events play out IE they are all characters in a video game and that they have no free will.(Which feels like narrative suicide so I'm hoping there's a catch or that it's some kind of lie.)

And lastly, the password to unlock Ardrest's file revealing all of this is POKEMON REJUVENATION. That's the name of the game.

Which brings me to my silly theory. What if Jan and Zumi are the avatar of the system? No not the RL Jan and Zumi, the ones in-game. This would be a pretty weird way to incorporate the fact that IRL they are avatars of the RL dev team members but the story is getting meta and referencing that it's a game through it's own characters and leaning on the fourth wall moments. The system feels like in-game devs trying to direct the plot. 

I remember Jan had these words for us in the dev blog:

"Oh, but uh... If you're going down the route of oblivion... That means you're attempting to destroy our game, and our world. Just know that..."

I won't make it easy for you. :)

So with this in mind, I can see in-game Jan and Zumi fighting us as a last resort to save their from the players who want to destroy the game on the renegade route. They might even be among the final bosses on that route, what better way to destroy the game than deleting the avatars of the dev team?

Yes this theory is silly but the game is getting too meta for me, so might as well play along. 

27 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

So in V13.5 the plot gets a lot.....meta. There's a twist that all the characters have been in a loop IE the game keeps updating and things go differently each version, there's an evil A.I. that's controlling events, sees everything as a game, and wants the perfect ending, as well as competing against an undisclosed she who keeps destroying worlds, which feels like a reference to the fact this game was inspired by Reborn by Ame, the fact that all the characters except the protagonist are all pre-programmed to act in certain ways so events play out IE they are all characters in a video game and that they have no free will.(Which feels like narrative suicide so I'm hoping there's a catch or that it's some kind of lie.)

And lastly, the password to unlock Ardrest's file revealing all of this is POKEMON REJUVENATION. That's the name of the game.

Which brings me to my silly theory. What if Jan and Zumi are the avatar of the system? No not the RL Jan and Zumi, the ones in-game. This would be a pretty weird way to incorporate the fact that IRL they are avatars of the RL dev team members but the story is getting meta and referencing that it's a game through it's own characters and leaning on the fourth wall moments. The system feels like in-game devs trying to direct the plot. 

I remember Jan had these words for us in the dev blog:

"Oh, but uh... If you're going down the route of oblivion... That means you're attempting to destroy our game, and our world. Just know that..."

I won't make it easy for you. :)

So with this in mind, I can see in-game Jan and Zumi fighting us as a last resort to save their from the players who want to destroy the game on the renegade route. They might even be among the final bosses on that route, what better way to destroy the game than deleting the avatars of the dev team?

Yes this theory is silly but the game is getting too meta for me, so might as well play along. 

Now that I think about it, in Paragon Route...

Spoiler

The Eye talks to Aevis (I use my choosen MC for comfort) and "M2 returning good" like it knows that the next version of the game will bring lots of content in terms of story and lore. What if...the Eye is the game itself? Of course, characters included our Interceptor will feel its presence as a sort of "outer entity" instead of knowing they're in a game, but we can see it as truly the game itself which choose the fate of our characters. I don't think we'll have a "Sans situation". What if, in Paragon Route, we must try to "weak" or at least "reason" with the game to make sure we can reach the Paragon Ending, while, in Renegade Route, we'll try to destroy the game instead, with, like you said, Jan and Zumi appearing?. It's an interesting theory, still.

My own theory is that

Spoiler

Both the Paragon Route and the Renegade Route timelines are interacting with each other. I thought of this because of one small detail: The Red Chain. You spend a good part of the Renegade Route getting the Red Chain just to... Throw it into Zeight and just kill the space hags the old fashioned way. But in the Paragon Route MC and Melia just... Have it, and use it to subdue them instead. That small part where the game says that "The Red Chain has been delivered" makes me think that Renegade MC sent it to the Paragon Timeline so their version of themselves could take out Tiempa and Spacea in a non-lethal way. 

My main theory is that Renegade MC is aware that, in their timeline, the Xen Raid is going to fail so instead of wasting time on that, they're instead focusing on sending aid to the Paragon timeline so the can succeed where they failed. Of course, still doesn't explain the whole "Killing Amber with a spell that erases you from everyone's memories" part.

17 minutes ago, Glynda said:

My own theory is that

Hide contents

Both the Paragon Route and the Renegade Route timelines are interacting with each other. I thought of this because of one small detail: The Red Chain. You spend a good part of the Renegade Route getting the Red Chain just to... Throw it into Zeight and just kill the space hags the old fashioned way. But in the Paragon Route MC and Melia just... Have it, and use it to subdue them instead. That small part where the game says that "The Red Chain has been delivered" makes me think that Renegade MC sent it to the Paragon Timeline so their version of themselves could take out Tiempa and Spacea in a non-lethal way. 

My main theory is that Renegade MC is aware that, in their timeline, the Xen Raid is going to fail so instead of wasting time on that, they're instead focusing on sending aid to the Paragon timeline so the can succeed where they failed. Of course, still doesn't explain the whole "Killing Amber with a spell that erases you from everyone's memories" part.

Spoiler

Yes, but...why Renegade MC would wanted to help Paragon MC? Obliviously I'm missing something because I didn't play Renegade (and usually I like to play "Paragon" instead).

23 minutes ago, Glynda said:

My own theory is that

Hide contents

Jan said the routes would both complement each other, and there's a couple of things in Paragon that affects Renegade as well, such as how M2 is able to enter Zeight despite being confused about it herself. It seems Melia accidentally gave her access somehow from the Paragon timeline.