Pokémon Reborn Yang Mod

TGuilerrr

On 10/29/2023 at 11:35 AM, La Aurora said:

this looks amazing! :)

would it be possible to include the pbs in the future? ^^

19 hours ago, delta4873 said:

+1 on including the PBS files. Base Reborn includes them after all, so should this mod.

I'll include the PBS on the post in the next update! For now, if you would like them please DM me on Discord~

Its an amazing mod, thanks for providing us Reborn-lovers with a unique experience. I have some questions as well as suggestions though

1. When will the next update (miraidon, koraidon and scarlet dlc 2 out ?)

2. When will the Yin version out ?

3. Should the MC have his own signature move as well ?(i can think of something like: 

Aura Surge (80 BP hidden power and it uses whatever offensive stat that is higher to deal damage)- the name come from MC's aura and plot armor. 

4. If u are interested, pls consider add more custom Megas into the game. ^^

Edited by XavierMinh

Is the odd magical forest terrain all through Obsidia and Beryl, even in the slums normal? I tried to go to the bug posting forum that was linked but it just gave me an error... I couldn't find the Discord link either so I decided to ask here, I don't know how to fix it and it is really odd-

I have a bug and a few oversights to report. I'm currently at 2 badges (Pre-Corey) Loving the mod so far.

The Tuesday Hotshot Trainer in Grand Hall permanently changes all fields into the Bewitched Woods field if you speak to him (Even if you don't battle him).

The TM in the 2nd floor of the Department Store is Mega Kick when it should be Pay Day according to the info doc.

Lastly, There's a Gimmighoul in Rhondochrine Jungle that is (As far as I'm aware.) completely inaccessible.

Spoiler

463734653_Screenshot2023-11-11005840.thumb.png.29a0a38fda6d872748a3d96edbff17e0.png

Edited by Some Dood

On 11/11/2023 at 3:23 AM, Some Dood said:

I have a bug and a few oversights to report. I'm currently at 2 badges (Pre-Corey) Loving the mod so far.

The Tuesday Hotshot Trainer in Grand Hall permanently changes all fields into the Bewitched Woods field if you speak to him (Even if you don't battle him).

The TM in the 2nd floor of the Department Store is Mega Kick when it should be Pay Day according to the info doc.

Lastly, There's a Gimmighoul in Rhondochrine Jungle that is (As far as I'm aware.) completely inaccessible.

Hide contents

I had the same magical forest issue above, but at some point it stopped being Magical Woods and became normal, I think it was either after Shelly or when I had manually changed the environment at one point. 

On 11/11/2023 at 9:23 AM, Some Dood said:

Reveal hidden contents

463734653_Screenshot2023-11-11005840.thumb.png.29a0a38fda6d872748a3d96edbff17e0.png

On 11/8/2023 at 11:05 PM, Aeternus said:

Is the odd magical forest terrain all through Obsidia and Beryl, even in the slums normal? I tried to go to the bug posting forum that was linked but it just gave me an error... I couldn't find the Discord link either so I decided to ask here, I don't know how to fix it and it is really odd-

Thank you for this feedback, all of the things mentioned here are fixed in the new patch!

In addition, PBS is now attached too for anyone who wishes to access that!

19 hours ago, Scrublord6410 said:

to anyone that has played both this and All Gen, which is better? Is there any strengths one has over the other? I am going to be playing this but I'm curious what others think.

From personal experience this mod is a bit more balanced when it comes to encounters although it is quite a bit harder than all gens due to the new signature moves and some field buffs

Sorry for the dumb question, i am not very tech savvy :(

How do i install the patch? Do i even need the patch if i am playing Reborn Yang or is it just for the vanilla Reborn?

Also, will it break the save if i am using the same save file on both Reborn and Reborn Yang? 

On 11/27/2023 at 1:15 AM, Reed said:

Sorry for the dumb question, i am not very tech savvy :(

How do i install the patch? Do i even need the patch if i am playing Reborn Yang or is it just for the vanilla Reborn?

Also, will it break the save if i am using the same save file on both Reborn and Reborn Yang? 

Hi!

If you have downloaded Reborn Yang v1.1 in its entirety then the patch is not necessary. The patch is there for those who wish to update their game to a newer version, or to apply to a clean, vanilla Reborn folder to turn it into Reborn Yang. To install it, press the link and unzip it in your files. Then, take the contents and put it into your Reborn folder, ensuring to accept all prompts to replace files. 

A save file from Reborn being used in Reborn Yang should function just fine, however using that file back in vanilla Reborn will have a lot of errors. Although, I would be careful as some new variable checks (for example activating Charoite Grotto after Serra) may be missed if your save is too far through the game. 

Any more issues feel free to respond to this or DM me on discord @tguilerrr.

• 2 weeks later...

Heyhey, I've a minor question regarding a potential (if, admittedly, absurdly tedious) update for this mod in the far future! Would it be a feasibility to have every Pokémon's moveset updated to Gen 9 - Scarlet and Violet (DLC?)? It's rather jarring to have to mentally switch between the fact that the gen 8-9 mons' learnsets are all up to date to Gen 8-9 respectively, but Pokémon introduced before Generation 8 are still stuck with their Gen 7 learnsets. If not, that's okay; I can imagine it's a rather aggravating process to make said changes www

Thanks for your work on Yang! It's been a great ride!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello wonderful creator of this mod! I have an issue I am running into. During the Meteor attack on Ameria and Titanias place you face Dumb Dumb Fern who has a Dracopult and his Dragon Darts keeps crashing the game. The screen freezes for like 15 seconds and then crashes with an error. I've known this ability to be the bane of existence in others mods and I am wondering if you know anyway to fix so I too may use said pokemon down the road. I appreciate all the help and love how difficult this mod is, it's made me really rethink strategies against gym leaders and such!

On 12/26/2023 at 6:40 PM, NyN said:

Hello wonderful creator of this mod! I have an issue I am running into. During the Meteor attack on Ameria and Titanias place you face Dumb Dumb Fern who has a Dracopult and his Dragon Darts keeps crashing the game. The screen freezes for like 15 seconds and then crashes with an error. I've known this ability to be the bane of existence in others mods and I am wondering if you know anyway to fix so I too may use said pokemon down the road. I appreciate all the help and love how difficult this mod is, it's made me really rethink strategies against gym leaders and such!

Hi! Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot :)!

This is a known bug and is fixed in the next patch (v2.0). If you wish to use Dragapult with Dragon Darts, note it does function correctly in singles as the bug is only present for doubles. 

On 12/26/2023 at 11:19 PM, NyN said:

Also, I have an issue with a point in the game where I cannot progress any further. I'm at the part where I am to raid Devon Corp and I go to the underground tunnel and no one is there to meet. 

Screenshot_20231226-181721.png

For this, you are just at the wrong part of the railnet! You need to travel to the dark part where the Arons are. This is accessible through the slums at first, and then you can pull a switch to access it through the normal railnet!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the mod :)

• Thanks 1