I need to shut my mouth. I keep Jinxing myself...

Shadow Rysing

Uhh...Hi? 
*checks watch*

......fuck.....

<(_ _)>

TWO FUCKING YEARS???? (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻

Before I start, I have been around. Just lurkin in the shadows, as my namesake would suggest. And I haven't forgotten about the story I was writing. Thank GOD for cloud services... 

That being said, In my last post, I made the big mistake of saying how "a stretch of a few months being the worst in my life." 

I have LITERALLY died, come back, fought cancer, be chased around the state of Texas by a psychopath, lose a very close friend (because of the same psycho), And I'm Fighting cancer...AGAIN.

From the start. Being formally diagnosed with cancer In late May 2021, right around my birthday no less, was a blow that I haven't recovered from. I fought cancer for a year. In Early May 2022, we found out something fun. Turns out, my body does not like radiation therapy. And my spleen decided to close shop and stop working. Because it stopped working, my spleen ruptured, causing MASSIVE blood loss. I lost my heartbeat for 12 minutes before being resuscitated. I was in the hospital for almost a month recovering form that spleen issue. 

During that, A friend was sexually attacked by her Ex. I tried to get some form of protection for her... In November of '22, I was hit a late 00's Ford Mustang. Because I am taller, I ended up rolling over the mustang with minimal injuries. Thought it was just a random hit-and-run. 

News Flash. IT WASN'T.

After the guy had been caught thanks to the idiot not getting the dent of his friends mustang, the bail hearing had some sparks fly. He lost it when he saw me and started launching threats. Because he had contacts, it was determined to be safe to put myself and my friend in Witness Protection. We spent 6 and a half months running. He attacked her again, put her in the hospital. She later died from those injuries in December. He tried to attack me again, but me being a former MMA fighter, it didn't end up well for him. In January, when walking with a member of my security team, we were jumped by the guy, and he ended up putting the agent in acoma and he and I fought...Well, because of the injuries from our fight, he has been captured. 

I've only been home for 4 months now. I'm still having some trauma issues from the whole thing. But the cancer is back. Stage 3 intestinal. 

So now, most of my time spent on hobbies....then I remembered (while playing Reborn no less) that I have a story to write. 

so I'm back....but alive is subjective.

-Shadow

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

holy shit
um
hi welcome back
i'd say "wow it sounds like you've been through hell and back" but i guess we can't be certain that that's not literally true.

i don't think i have sufficient words for this situation but i hope you uhh, enjoy your time here.,,,,,,,, gosh.

• Like 1

Initially I thought this might be made up, but a liar would probably come up with a more believable story. I hope you survive your future dealings with psychopathic murderers, cancer, the mob, your friends ex lovers and whatnot. Though I find it hard to believe that you were without heartbeat for 12 minutes, unless you were already on life support at the same time. The maximum time a persons brain can stay alive after their heartbeat stops is usually around 10 minutes, with each minute passing decreasing your survival odds by about 10%. Or so I have heard? If you were truly gone for 12 minutes and managed to come back that would raise several interesting questions. What was that like? Did you have a near death experience? I once died for a minute or so due to suffocation and there was nothing to be seen and felt. What was it like in your case? Please forgive my curiosity, but if your story is true then you are one of very few people who can answer what dying is like.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Amethyst said:

holy shit
um
hi welcome back
i'd say "wow it sounds like you've been through hell and back" but i guess we can't be certain that that's not literally true.

i don't think i have sufficient words for this situation but i hope you uhh, enjoy your time here.,,,,,,,, gosh.

uhh, I was not expecting a response from the Head honcho Herself. Madam. *bows*

HELL DIDN"T HAVE ENOUGH ROOM FOR ME!! FEAR ME MORTALS!!!

*ahem* Honestly...if life decides to throw ANYTHING else at me, I hope that it is not like before. 

4 hours ago, Josef said:

Initially I thought this might be made up, but a liar would probably come up with a more believable story. I hope you survive your future dealings with psychopathic murderers, cancer, the mob, your friends ex lovers and whatnot. Though I find it hard to believe that you were without heartbeat for 12 minutes, unless you were already on life support at the same time. The maximum time a persons brain can stay alive after their heartbeat stops is usually around 10 minutes, with each minute passing decreasing your survival odds by about 10%. Or so I have heard? If you were truly gone for 12 minutes and managed to come back that would raise several interesting questions. What was that like? Did you have a near death experience? I once died for a minute or so due to suffocation and there was nothing to be seen and felt. What was it like in your case? Please forgive my curiosity, but if your story is true then you are one of very few people who can answer what dying is like.

So you would be correct. 10 minutes is the time that the brain dies from a lack of oxygen, under normal circumstances. But I was already in the hospital due to the reaction from the radiation therapy. I was ~40% oxygen when I started to fade. 

As for what I remember? that's hard to answer. You definitely feel yourself starting to fade, kinda like fighting to not pass out...but you can't fight it. I don't remember much other than the feeling of being rushed awake during resuscitation. I just remember being in a lot of pain. It's not pleasant bleeding out. As morbid as this is, it is definitely better to die quickly. 

As for the psycho? He's locked up now, and his friends kinda see how much of an ass he was. soooo..... That's cool.