Noob things I did when I first played the game

CaptainWaber

Just kinda something stupid and amusing for me to post about the things I realized on how foolish I was before reading the forums on what I SHOULD do.

1: Thinking Cain was a girl and thought HE was attractive T_T

2: Thought Common Candy was just a joke item and sold every one I got. (I heard my future self whispering: You made the biggest mistake of your life)

3: Grinding a few pokemon I want past the level cap without knowing that the badge only increase it by five and only have extremely low levels left.

4: Thought Fern was a girl (I don't why I thought that either)

5: Didn't listened to the gym guide about the first gym leader favoring voltorbs' explosion and sent my best pokemon against them.

6: Used the light shard RIGHT after I used all five potions...

7: Repeated 6 twice (It's so shiny though :3)

8: Wasted the first great ball I get on the Scraggy gang

9: Spent most of the cash I earned on the rare candy, then gave it to the pokemon that I already pass the level cap with

10: Tried to fight Tangrowth. With only one pokemon. That ignores most of my orders because of its level. That was also paralyzed. With its health in the red zone. And it's a water type. (Wished I didn't saved with me in halfway of the forest.)

Well I deleted my old save and now I'm trying again but this time preparing my pokemon carefully and try not to pick favorites. This is something I just want to point out, I mean I don't really need the help (unless I'm the biggest idiot you could ever come across) but if you guys like to give me some advice or direct to a few topics that can help me through the game that'll be great.

EDIT: I didn't realized I put 5 instead of 6. So I guess some people may thought that I kept ignoring the gym guide and put my best pokemon against the exploding voltorbs XD

Edited by CaptainWaber

1. Thinking Fern wasn't a complete douche during the abandoned factory raid

3. Taking on most of Victoria's team with Kirlia, I cut it close a lot of times but I wanted it to get to become Gardevoir as fast as it could.

2. Fighting Cal's Charizard head on with mine, just a habbit I've always had of fighting fire with fire and then I got thunder punched and raged cause that is the F***ing move I wanted and can't obtain untill the tm or move tutor is added (Inb4 someone replies to me about the mislabeled move relearner in Onyx Ward) anyways this hurt my pride more than anything and at least I paid him back with a Hydro Pump.

Trying to play Reborn like a normal game and just doing what I normally do, by pickings the Pokemon I like. I'm at the end but, god damn, every gym my Crobat or Flygon can't handle, leaves me screwed. I really need to do a new save and play through with breeding and everything else.

Nah, just don't take this game like one of Game Freak's game, it IS harder, just keep out switching at the right time, don't get over the level cap and have patience. If you have that, you can enjoy Reborn to the fullest, even with your favorite pokemon.

Ok, back to the topic.

First 'noob thing' I did was challenging the first gym leader (electric) with only a water type (my starter that by that time was already a Croconaw) and with a Butterfree (bug/flying type). Yeah...
I did a lot of noob things but I can't remember right now...

1. I agree with the others above, Fern was a totally different person at first. He may not have liked you, but he respected you enough to fight together with you. My team's synergy with him was great at the time. He was even patient when you wanted to leave and healed your team after battles!

2. Picking Charmander for nostalgia reasons? I'm still happy with my choice, but I read that 1 or 2 of the others are more OP. I like OP.

3. Not finding out about speedhacks til recently... (70 or so hours in)

4. Retrying 100 or more times picking up the Abra for the Wonder Guard ability. Not knowing it was broken...

Nah, just don't take this game like one of Game Freak's game, it IS harder, just keep out switching at the right time, don't get over the level cap and have patience. If you have that, you can enjoy Reborn to the fullest, even with your favorite pokemon.

Ok, back to the topic.

First 'noob thing' I did was challenging the first gym leader (electric) with only a water type (my starter that by that time was already a Croconaw) and with a Butterfree (bug/flying type). Yeah...

I did a lot of noob things but I can't remember right now...

Thanks for the advice! Also, you can get a Butterfree that early in the game?

1. I agree with the Lvl Capacity thing, and i fought Florinia with my Charmeleon with cross Fingers for him to follow orders.

2. spending hours to fish out POLIWAG in Tanzan Cove not knowing that it can be caught in grass

3. FAINTING an event remoraid that is a key for a Swampert with waterfall T.T

4. Fainting a wild shiny SKORUPI

5. Catching and Leveling Pokemons that eventually i will not be using

Thanks for the advice! Also, you can get a Butterfree that early in the game?

Yes you can catch a catterpie in a nearby garden

1. I agree with the Lvl Capacity thing, and i fought Florinia with my Charmeleon with cross Fingers for him to follow orders.

2. spending hours to fish out POLIWAG in Tanzan Cove not knowing that it can be caught in grass

3. FAINTING an event remoraid that is a key for a Swampert with waterfall T.T

4. Fainting a wild shiny SKORUPI

5. Catching and Leveling Pokemons that eventually i will not be using

Yes you can catch a catterpie in a nearby garden

lol same, i killed a shiny skorupi too

1. Giving level one magikarp a common candy thinking it was a renamed rare candy

2. not listening to any of the beginning and not expecting 6 pokemon on the gym leader

3. Evolved my magikarp not knowing what the first gym type was

4. Thinking Fern was misunderstood and not a Jerk

5. thinking tangagrowth sucked

6. monferno gloom scraggy gyarados vs chatot= blood bath

7. thinking chatot would be a pushover

8. not knowing about the level cap and having a level 30 monferno on the 1st gym he always listen till that battle :(

I did a lot of more stupid things but this is the top

1. Never trained my Pokemon during gym battles.

2. Whenever I did, I passed the cap and risked alot of money.

3. Never saved the game after I got the 3rd gym badge, went all the way to "Bybxbion..?" something, found my first shiny, and didn't save.

4. Always relied on type advantages during gym battles. Then along came Spiritomb.

Yeehaw.

The money is soo scarce in this game

Edited by Slicster

• 2 weeks later...

1. didn't breed that growlithe before trading into that mareep(no hate on mareep though :P)

2. didn't purchase that linkstone from that guy until i realize he was gone.

3.trying to hatch a female riolu. (waste of time, soft resetting the trade was much easier)

4.letting that bug type gym leader (Shelly i think) setup those 2 shell smash so i can setup my stealth rock (I am not a smart man lol)

and the list goes on and on :)

1. Didn't catch enough pokemon at the beginning and kept getting overlevel'd.

2. Decided not to fight Dr. Sigmund the first time

3. Regretted doing that this morning

4. Grinded

5. Won..oh wait that wasn't a mistake...but it felt so relieving!

I only am on the first part of the story, but I feel like I'm doing some noobish mistakes

1. Not catching more pokemons, or not keeping them in my team (I have only 4, so I only train them, and my combusken is now level 24, with only one badge, risking its overleveling)

2. Wasting a Ball with the Scrafty Gang

3. Thinking Cain was actually a girl

4. Spending 3000$ on that damn Magikarp, when I had only 4000$. Screw it.