Dark Surge

FerrousOxide

Why does it only last 3 turns and not 5 like every other surge ability? Makes it super hard to get good use out of Mega Mightyena, especially considering you are giving up a held item and using your mega slot for a different mega pretty much entirely for that ability.

• Upvote 1

If it stayed active after switching out, like the other abilities that overwrite fields, I would agree with you, but since you are forced to keep mega mighty in for the field to stay active its a lot harder to take advantage of that field change.

Dark Ghost is a good defensive typing, with only one weakness and 3 immunities, but Mega Mighty has a terrible BST, 4th lowest of all megas, and is way to frail for only having 1 resist, so even with its typing it gets killed in 2 hits by any neutral hit.

If they don't want to buff the ability, they should buff Mightys stats by removing 40 from its SpA and allocating those to its defenses, similar to how Mega Sableye, one of the few pokemon with a lower BST, loses speed in order to gain defenses.

Right now Mega Mighty just gets outdone by most other mega forms, which is disappointing because I love its design, and I want to be able to use it more without feeling like im hindering myself..

I think you're looking at the ability a bit too much in how good it would be for a showdown match as opposed to how it is in single player rpg with set obstacles and challenges.

The matter of the fact is that even with the reduced duration, even with the tag-out punishment, and even despite being on a pretty underwhelming mon, Dark Surge makes mega mightyena so absurdly good against Reeve and other big story battles from e6, which is currently the main thing you could use it on anyway, that we already considered not doing it at all to begin with/pushing mightyenite further back sorely so we wouldn't have a Flygon 2 situation.

It's ultimately Posty's call to make more than mine, but I don't see it getting buffed, imma be real.