Soulja's sprite stash.

OldSoulja

comin' atcha with 2 future paradoxes! well, one's a remake, but still a future paradoxical pokemon!

Spoiler

Iron Jugulis. actually one of my greatest disappointments of the generation that makes me border on hating this, but spite(bc i can rant bout this thing a lot) and curiosity(of if it could look good in 2D) are two of the greatest driving forces ever.
H55hPig.png

Iron Valiant remake! Wanted to remake this like, the moment I made the first one and so I did it. comes in two(2) different flavors of blade!

H55kFNR.png

I'll be keeping the old version in a different spoiler bag on the OP.

• Like 2

back again, but only with 2 remakes this time of varying significance!

Spoiler

Gholdengo got a complete makeover, (accurately)smaller, better palette, much cleaner overall, and a pose you can easily slot a surfboard on to if wanted.

HY1TSuS.png

Nacli line became 10% smaller, small palette changes, and some more detail changes on Garganacl.

HY1TUw7.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 10:32 AM, Fervis said:

These look very nice! always envying people who can make good (back) sprites! I'd love to use some for the gen 9 mod here.

Thank you, but also that reminds me, I shoulda said in the OP that these are Free Use given credit is provided.

so yeah, you can use them !

• Thanks 1

These sprites look great, but would you happen to have any tips for resizing these? Any time I try to resize the sprites so they fit in the game they either look too big or lose quality when I size them down to 96x96. Maybe it's the software I'm using or maybe I'm just screwing something up, but I guess I'd get better results straight from the source.

15 hours ago, Mike0siris said:

These sprites look great, but would you happen to have any tips for resizing these? Any time I try to resize the sprites so they fit in the game they either look too big or lose quality when I size them down to 96x96. Maybe it's the software I'm using or maybe I'm just screwing something up, but I guess I'd get better results straight from the source.

Yeah most of the sprites are not fit in a 96x96 space, try just resizing the whole image to 50% instead, that should work. I mean, doing that works in MS Paint, though you will lose transparency.

AS A SIDENOTE

I somehow completely forgot to post my Capsakid and Scovillain sprites I made weeks ago. How did that happen? Oh well, here they be

bad-peppre-2-1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

These are wonderfully done, I'm super impressed. Keep it up!

On 2/15/2023 at 2:30 AM, DeathbyfallingTree said:

I Really like these Sprites!

Some of them though exceed the color count limit. It kind of looks like you took the pallets from King's sprites and then added to them. Just be mindful of the limit

It might be an issue for some other projects (romhacks? I'm not sure), but as far as fangames and usage there goes, the color limit is arbitrary, and I sure never once cared about it for Reborn.
Not that it's not good practice... but it's also a technical limitation that Pokemon used to be designed around, and increasingly no longer are.

On 2/15/2023 at 11:30 AM, DeathbyfallingTree said:

I Really like these Sprites!

Some of them though exceed the color count limit. It kind of looks like you took the pallets from King's sprites and then added to them. Just be mindful of the limit

I did use King's palettes for quite a lot, is true. But yeah like Ame said too, RPGmaker games don't need to comply to any palette limitations like the official games do, so yeah if you wanna insert these into some romhacks it would take some work to make them work. Not that it wouldn't take some work anyways for that, since official games also have size limits, sometimes 80x80, which i didn't try to stick to.

AS FOR NEW SPRITES, I have an announcement, kinda.

First, new Iron Moth,

moth.png

Now more compact and with an adjusted palette. 

Now here's the thing, there's like no other gen 9 Pokemon I'm really interested in making sprites for, since by now sprites made by others exist for them. Maybe I'll make a Kilowattrel, Palafin-bigman, and remake Slither Wing or Roaring moon if I find the patience for that last one, but thats about it.

SO, here's also some more sprites i've made like a year ago that I didn't include due to the gen 9 theming of the thread.

Jangmo-o line.

mo-o.png

and

Heliolisk

hellolisk.png

It is also very likely I wont be making anything for a WHILE now, bc I simply don't have much interest in doing so, unless I'm really bored like I was today and remade moth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2023 at 11:40 PM, Alano said:

yo these sprites are fire any download link ?

right click image, save image as, bam, complete.

now if you're asking for the sprites in the Reborn format, you gotta do that part yourself, which is not difficult if you just look at the way they are formatted.

8 hours ago, OldSoulja said:

right click image, save image as, bam, complete.

now if you're asking for the sprites in the Reborn format, you gotta do that part yourself, which is not difficult if you just look at the way they are formatted.

thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 6:27 PM, Father Broth said:

These sprites are great, but trying to resize them is awful. You lose a lot of the original quality and they just don't end up looking great. Can you please post the original 192 x 96 versions?

Hello, I am quite late. I do not check these forums too much.

I have updated the OP to include the original sized versions. Except for the retired sprites, because eh.

Were you trying to resize them to 192 x 96? Because that's the issue, I have not set them to such, except for the singular sprites like Annihilape, Sandy Shocks, etc(except roaring moon). Like I said in an earlier post to another person who had problems resizing, just resizing the image down by 50% would give you the original size. mspaint can do that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...