Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

just how bloody hard is this game

Dark Ninja

Question

(This fight took me a whole ass 3 days) this Radamous bastard..... please tell me the upcoming gym battles are not goona be as hardas this one?... i had to try out god knows how many stratagies to beat this guy... lvl 1 aron sweer with sandstorm...nope caz of that metagross...also tried setting up with dragon dance with flygon...nope... regardless of whether trick room is active or not metagross ALWAYS goes first and KOs with ice punch... i tried a bunch more strats..but nah... that bastard aint going down.... in the end i caught 2 swablus and 2 diglets (arena trasp... they dident come in the wild  for some reason had to breed for arena trap) and i got 2 arons to tank..... that's how i beat him... Played really cheap... This is how i did it:

2 Arena trap diglets (with dig and protext)
2 Altarias with perish song also had protect on that thing 
2 Aggrons to tank some hits and use revives i got from meowth's pickup ability....

so now back to my question.....
will the upcoming gym leaders be jsut as infuriating as this one or not...? 

• Haha 1

11 answers to this question

... Well, I agree that the Radomus fight is uniquely headache-inducing... but it's not this bad if you actually try to figure out what the rules are (did you understand why Metagross always went first?) and if you have enough counters for his mons (which is, I agree again, not as easy as it sounds). 

But it's good that you vented now, because the fights don't get easier (but definitely less convoluted), although you gain access to more tools every time. 

If you're in this game for the story rather than the battles, there's a password to lower your opponents' levels. There's also a password so that you get information on every field instead of waiting for the game to hand the field effect notes out to you. 

38 minutes ago, Aphelli said:

... Well, I agree that the Radomus fight is uniquely headache-inducing... but it's not this bad if you actually try to figure out what the rules are (did you understand why Metagross always went first?) and if you have enough counters for his mons (which is, I agree again, not as easy as it sounds). 

But it's good that you vented now, because the fights don't get easier (but definitely less convoluted), although you gain access to more tools every time. 

If you're in this game for the story rather than the battles, there's a password to lower your opponents' levels. There's also a password so that you get information on every field instead of waiting for the game to hand the field effect notes out to you. 

if i alter their lvls it;s not fun at all....

1 hour ago, Dark Ninja said:

(This fight took me a whole ass 3 days) this Radamous bastard..... please tell me the upcoming gym battles are not goona be as hardas this one?... i had to try out god knows how many stratagies to beat this guy... lvl 1 aron sweer with sandstorm...nope caz of that metagross...also tried setting up with dragon dance with flygon...nope... regardless of whether trick room is active or not metagross ALWAYS goes first and KOs with ice punch... i tried a bunch more strats..but nah... that bastard aint going down.... in the end i caught 2 swablus and 2 diglets (arena trasp... they dident come in the wild  for some reason had to breed for arena trap) and i got 2 arons to tank..... that's how i beat him... Played really cheap... This is how i did it:

2 Aggrons to tank some hits and use revives i got from meowth's pickup ability....

also if someone out there is dumb enough to try and recreate this method instead of searching up a better mothod then....
i forgot to mention this earlier but...
YOU WILL NEED A BERRY THAT WILL REDUCE 1 DAMAGE FROM A SUPEREFFECTIVE ICE MOVE... u can get it in the 6th floor of the department store... without that berry this method will not be possible caz of that metagross's ice punch .....hold on.... i could have just done that for dragon dance flygon sweep... instead of going through all that.....fml...

Just now, Dark Ninja said:

also if someone out there is dumb enough to try and recreate this method instead of searching up a better mothod then....
i forgot to mention this earlier but...
YOU WILL NEED A BERRY THAT WILL REDUCE 1 DAMAGE FROM A SUPEREFFECTIVE ICE MOVE... u can get it in the 6th floor of the department store... without that berry this method will not be possible caz of that metagross's ice punch .....hold on.... i could have just done that for dragon dance flygon sweep... instead of going through all that.....fml...

the berry on the 2nd altaria btw....

So long as you keep fainting the trick roomers Radomus has, he isn't that hard. Heracross with Megahorn works great against the first trick roomer I remember. But congrats on beating him anyhow. At least you'll get some breather as the next gym leader is regarded as the easiest of the bunch. But after that gym battle will come a point in the game you won't be able to return to the city, so make your preparations, get your berries, catch pokemon, finish up the quests etc. Remember when the time has come to enter the Agate city, you will reach the point of no return. One pretty big thing I suggest you make sure you have before the point of no return is to buy all of the power items from the department store so you can EV train your pokemon. It's pretty important to have that ability. And good luck with the rest of the game. 

1 hour ago, Dark Ninja said:

my boy, luna and the few upcoming gyms in particular are particular very hard.....make sure to understand their field!

also like someone above me said you can use these passwords to make the game experience easier though you will not be able to online play 

red will make the whole game experience easier

green will make only battles easier

easyhms, rejuvcap, freeremotepc, litemode, noevcap, fullivs, stopitems, freeexpall, fieldapp, earlyincu

1 hour ago, RebornFan7 said:

One pretty big thing I suggest you make sure you have before the point of no return is to buy all of the power items from the department store so you can EV train your pokemon. It's pretty important to have that ability. 

Agreed that preparations are important, but just to clarify, E19 added the power items and EV berries at the 

Spoiler

Agate circus

So you can still buy these afterwards if you did miss it at the dept store. Feel free to look for help if you face other challenges in the game~

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RebornFan7 said:

So long as you keep fainting the trick roomers Radomus has, he isn't that hard. Heracross with Megahorn works great against the first trick roomer I remember. But congrats on beating him anyhow. At least you'll get some breather as the next gym leader is regarded as the easiest of the bunch. But after that gym battle will come a point in the game you won't be able to return to the city, so make your preparations, get your berries, catch pokemon, finish up the quests etc. Remember when the time has come to enter the Agate city, you will reach the point of no return. One pretty big thing I suggest you make sure you have before the point of no return is to buy all of the power items from the department store so you can EV train your pokemon. It's pretty important to have that ability. And good luck with the rest of the game. 

the problem wouldent be so huge if only 1 of the 1st pokemon has trick room.. both malamar and the runiclus (idk spelling) have trick room so unfortunately it wouldent work out....trust me.... i tried..... a shit ton of methods... i'd know... anyway thanks for the info

1 hour ago, OrangeOrb said:

my boy, luna and the few upcoming gyms in particular are particular very hard.....make sure to understand their field!

also like someone above me said you can use these passwords to make the game experience easier though you will not be able to online play 

red will make the whole game experience easier

green will make only battles easier

easyhms, rejuvcap, freeremotepc, litemode, noevcap, fullivs, stopitems, freeexpall, fieldapp, earlyincu

i see people using garchomp even earlier then me...where is that thing? or did they transfer from another file?

if there's a way to get that thing without breaking any walls like trading with another account then i'd like to know

oh boy, if you think the gyms are tough at this stage then just wait until you get to ciel... or worse, titiana.... 

luckily luna is the next leader and she is pretty easy with whatever strat you want - but definitely make sure you've caught everything you need to before you go to agate cos the gym difficulty starts scaling up after that