SWM E19 Modular Modpack

Waynolt

15 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

(By the way, has anyone noticed that the SharedBox file is no longer being saved in the Reborn savegame folder, but rather in a dedicated folder outside of it? This may have something to do with the effort to make the mods more portable, and it is possible it's to make it possible to have the innate ability to share a box with other Essential games too)

I never noticed, but I guess that might be why my shared box bugged out when I tried to check it too early in my current save...

5 minutes ago, Bladeheart111x said:

I never noticed, but I guess that might be why my shared box bugged out when I tried to check it too early in my current save...

It is... you have to access an old save that had already loaded the shared box and save it once, so that the box can be moved in the new folder.
Otherwise, new games will create an empty box.
(I didn't consider the possibility that someone would start from scratch in E19 expecting to use the box but without updating their old savegame first... I'm not sure that can even be accounted for at all...)

23 minutes ago, Myril said:

Not to be that person, but does this include Walk Through Walls? As much as I love this game, Route 2 may drive me to madness otherwise.

Haha I know that feel. That's how I "solved" every puzzle and labyrinth when I did reruns or challenge runs. Route 2 was the one with the heracross and pinsirs right? if so yup, that was one of them.

3 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Can you confirm whether the mods are actually being loaded?

I chose a random starter and fought Cain and the TypeBattleIcons mod is working for me so I can confirm that the mods are loaded. 

8 hours ago, LordDarkfor said:

This does not seem to actually work. In the actual starter room with no badges and no option to change the starter appears. Has this been tested with more than one save file? As I'm restarting from the beginning on save 2.

I created a 3rd save file and chose a starter and it still isn't giving the option to change my starter.

2 hours ago, TheTimeWarden said:

I chose a random starter and fought Cain and the TypeBattleIcons mod is working for me so I can confirm that the mods are loaded. 

I created a 3rd save file and chose a starter and it still isn't giving the option to change my starter.

Please try this:
1. Start a new game

2. Change any setting in the Options menu

3. Save the game

4. Start a new game

5. Choose any starter

6. Open the party menu

1 hour ago, Waynolt said:

Please try this:
1. Start a new game

3. Save the game

4. Start a new game

5. Choose any starter

6. Open the party menu

Sadly can not seem to get this to work either. even double checked if putting in passwords was the cause of anything.

So I found a minor issue, unless it was an intended change but it doesn't appear to be.

The EV Overflow mod now automatically raises an IV when the cap is hit, rather than giving you the option to either raise it or keep it as is. This can be annoying when training up a Pokemon that has a relatively strong IV that doesn't need to be increased, but it increases anyways and forces you to grind your EVs again

6 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Please try this:
1. Start a new game

3. Save the game

4. Start a new game

5. Choose any starter

6. Open the party menu

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. I also deleted the mods folder again and reapplied it after the changes to see if it worked and it didn't work either. 

6 hours ago, LordDarkfor said:

Sadly can not seem to get this to work either. even double checked if putting in passwords was the cause of anything.

1 hour ago, TheTimeWarden said:

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. I also deleted the mods folder again and reapplied it after the changes to see if it worked and it didn't work either. 

1 hour ago, Leo vi Lusitania said:

The choose your starter mod did not work for me either; but the other ones are working. 

Please try this:
1. Remove SWM - ChooseStarter.rb (moving it to the desktop will be fine)

2. Install SWM - ChooseStarter - debug mode.rb

(It's essentially the same mod, except that this one will verbosely say what it is doing when checking for the starter room)
(It will also confirm that it has been loaded on game launch)

3. Start a new game

4. Go to the starter room

5. Choose any pokemon

6. Open the party menu

What messages did the mod display?

4 hours ago, Ancient -StS- said:

So I found a minor issue, unless it was an intended change but it doesn't appear to be.

The EV Overflow mod now automatically raises an IV when the cap is hit, rather than giving you the option to either raise it or keep it as is. This can be annoying when training up a Pokemon that has a relatively strong IV that doesn't need to be increased, but it increases anyways and forces you to grind your EVs again

It's an intended change.

The mod will now also lower EVs to ensure that the 510 limit is always being respected when required (it will try to respect obvious attempts at EV training though, when deciding what to lower).

With regard to the changes to the EV Overflow mod, it appears to be altering some EVs regardless of their level of completion. For example, this Mamoswine originally had 6 Def EVs and 0 SpA EVs before fighting the repeatable trainer, and this Naganadel had 252 Spd EVs, 6 SpD EVs, and 0 Atk EVs.

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

23 minutes ago, xaviershuzen said:

With regard to the changes to the EV Overflow mod, it appears to be altering some EVs regardless of their level of completion. For example, this Mamoswine originally had 6 Def EVs and 0 SpA EVs before fighting the repeatable trainer, and this Naganadel had 252 Spd EVs, 6 SpD EVs, and 0 Atk EVs.

It's an intended change.

The mod will now lower EVs to ensure that the 510 limit is always being respected when required (it will try to respect obvious attempts at EV training though, when deciding what to lower).

16 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Please try this:
1. Remove SWM - ChooseStarter.rb (moving it to the desktop will be fine)

2. Install SWM - ChooseStarter - debug mode.rb

(It's essentially the same mod, except that this one will verbosely say what it is doing when checking for the starter room)
(It will also confirm that it has been loaded on game launch)

3. Start a new game

4. Go to the starter room

5. Choose any pokemon

6. Open the party menu

What messages did the mod display?

Mod seems to load, but still does not work. Screen Capped everything the mod displayed.

RerbornChooseStarterModE19.png

RerbornChooseStarterModE19-2.png

20 minutes ago, Centauris91 said:

Hi @Waynolt, Regarding the stat changes mod, is there any way we can see which exact stats are the one being boosted or lowered, like in E18? Some vids posted on YouTube already have them. I was wondering if you know anything about this?

https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/45329-e19-pyrolusitium-z2-v11-a-pokémon-reborn-ui-overhaul/

Hey,

Not so much an error, but Pokémon continue to gain EVs with(im assuming) the ev overflow even if they were six IV and maxed out evs. here's an example: I defeated a meowth at max ev/iv and it took a spdef stat away to add a speed stat.

For what its worth, removing the EV overflow from the files fixes this. I think its really dope that while training, it can save you friendship berries by taking from lower stats, but after maxing it becomes a minor inconvenience. 

Part1.PNG

part2.PNG

part 3.PNG

Woah those came out bigger than expected. sorry about that. I saw above that the change was intended, which again, I think its cool what you did, but I imagine you intended on having it stop changing once fully maxed.

Edited by Slinky
Adding more