6SS1- Determining Shiny Alterations

Amethyst

• Administrators

^ I was also thinking grey

A couple of the staff and I happened to get in a discussion about Luxray and I started playing around with it. Its default shiny is just black and yellow, but I think this looks really cool:

d45RDOY.png

They don't like it. What about you guys?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jac likes teh Luxray

also I did pretty much all of the changes (I didn't want the red flame, sue me) and here we are:

zZu5jTz.pngEaTzIUd.png

5gunwZh.pngSg5x1RB.png

BfcNCnD.pngAzas74M.png

Barring no external factors, the gothdevoir family should be up later today. And if it interests anyone, I'm using Photoshop CS4 that came with the laptop.

EDIT: Oh, I thought you wanted the flame changed. Oops. But... Gothdevoir time!

rJRE3IL.pngRYQWunO.png

8hRWQ1Z.pngtdjvDZ5.png

XyWOWgd.pngouB29u9.png

Edited by Jacze

As a test, I tweaked the fugly blue Chimchar sprite for better contrasts:

BfcNCnD.pngBfcNCnD-2_zpsde0a9229.pngBfcNCnD-3_zps683d3923.png

EDIT: On the left is the initial one I had to work with.

Middle: In which Manes tries to tweak the shading ineffectively.

Right: In which Manes experiments with the *shuffles paper* ahem... "Pantone color bridge CMYK PC" on the original Chimcharr sprite. All because the other color scheme was sporking her eyes.

I can also try for the original fire color with any of those three, but this requires altering the base sprite to make the fire colors not show up in odd places. Would anybody still want to see it?

Also, holy shit, Imageshack asks you to get an username now? They suck.

EDIT: As for what Ame showed, I personally am for it merely because of the Shadow the Hedgehog color scheme. It suits Luxio.

Edited by DaveStrider

A couple of the staff and I happened to get in a discussion about Luxray and I started playing around with it. Its default shiny is just black and yellow, but I think this looks really cool:

d45RDOY.png

I think the deeper shade of brown needs a bit more contrast to the black fur.

• Administrators

Okay, well, that's red, but you're not the first person to think it's brown, so clearly I need to do something about that (despite the fact that ive already pushed the saturation to the visual limit...)

Maybe I'll tweak the black tone so that the blue-toned fur doesn't muddy the red colour... Idk.

Now that I look at the spoilertag...

*clobber clobber clobber*

390-2_zps393696b2.pngSpr_b_5b_390-2_zps34e737c8.png
Spr_5b_391-2_zpsfc4c4397.pngSpr_b_5b_391-2_zps650acd5f.png
Spr_5b_392-2_zps33e0c24b.pngSpr_b_5b_392-2_zps08f2cab9.png

Ame: If you'd rather I use the Gen IV back sprites, let me know. I did these in Gen V to maintain a semblance of scale consistency, but if that proves to be a problem, I have no problem using the Gen IV sprites instead.

Didn't mean to. Neon is just not a good color. :/

Also. Ame. PLEASE tell me we're going with a Gen V-styled sprite pack.

Spr_5b_359_zps98e39832.gif

You see, Reverse-Pallete Absol is not a simple recolor. Some editing needs to be done. So the sooner we can get the sprite pack thing cleared out, the less work wasted.

Love the reverse-Absol idea, though.

d45RDOY.png

Personally, I really like the recolor you did as it is now, although I also thought that it was brown... But anyway, it looks nice. Maybe just darken the black/grey part a little bit for some more contrast, but other than that, I like it.

• Administrators

@ Strider, I don't see why we wouldn't use a Gen V pack. They're, in general, higher quality than Gen IV and Gen VI is right out of the question.

Also, that reverse absol is really well done; did you do that yourself or find it somewhere?

I did that myself, yes.

And now that this crucial question is answered, I can begin work on the back sprite. It'll be the Gen V version to maintain consistency throughout the whole deal.

...also, a bit of an unrelated request, but can you change my name back to Manes? The Strider is out of character for me. I am, in fact, a very uncool girl. I can't rap, control time, or make phat beats. I can only draw, game and... draw.

Edited by DaveStrider

Alright, the sprites are done. Let me know if you find any inconsistencies.

(I goofed and forgot to save a static image of the reverse Absol GIF, but I salvaged it. All is good.)

Spr_5b_359-2_zps280424ad.pngSpr_b_5b_359_s-2_zps689ab62c.png

Since you've mentioned Graphics Gale, you shouldn't have a problem resizing. If you still need them resized, let me know.

Edited by DaveStrider

• Administrators

Nope, that's great, thank you.

As for the other thing, this really isn't the place to discuss it, but it really isn't fair to others to take requests like that. That's why the shop exists. If there are issues with that, we should discuss it in PM instead.

Presenting the one, the only Swampert Thing! (If you don't get it, it's based off the classic Swamp Thing)

K8Rw7mu.png

I haven't saved and uploaded this one to imgur because I'm waiting for responses - if it's fine, the whole family will come up soon.

Okay, I postet it in the first topic too, but I think it has to be! The 80's Bouffalant! I mean, here in Germany his signature move Head Charge is discribed as 'Attack with crazy retro-hairdo' :D

1bdb.png

Can someone make a Feraligatr that looks like reptar (except the eyes)

0gze.png

Here you are. The violet tongue is now part of the body

• Administrators

Second swing at the big Lux'

8ks1.png

EDIT:

Okay, so I went and put Absol into the game and finally realized what was meant about the Gen V sprite pack thing- I didn't realise there was a stylistic difference between the back sprites for them; I thought it was just- are we using the new sprites or the old sprites?

So currently the game is using Gen V front sprites with Gen IV style back sprites, however with the fifth gen this makes hte back sprites look really awkward

So, basically we need to redo all of the back sprites in the whole game

#whoops.

Hmm... While we're at it, can we do something about Paras/Parasect? I mean, the shiny coloring and the regular coloring were swapped between Gen II and Gen III, and they're really subtle. Maybe there could be something more drastic, like, I dunno, one that actually looks like a poisonous parasite?