6SS1- Determining Shiny Alterations

Amethyst

It looks nice, but there have already been some Golett sprites done. I suggest you make the rest of the line as well as the backsprites (don't forget to remove the white background) and put it in the Shiny thread for discussion.

Oh, I thought this is the discussion. There's another page?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

How do i uplaod images??

There are two ways to do this:

1 go to "advanced post options" and select an image from your computer at the "attach files" button (below where you enter text).

2 Use an image hosting site such as Imgur, upload your image to it and provide the direct image link.

Also, welcome to the forums!

There are two ways to do this:

1 go to "advanced post options" and select an image from your computer at the "attach files" button (below where you enter text).

2 Use an image hosting site such as Imgur, upload your image to it and provide the direct image link.

Also, welcome to the forums!

I tried using imgur but it said url type wasnt allowd and also I cant find "advanced post options".

Also, thank you, I just found out about this whole shiny editing:3

OK so i got this stuff figured out now, so here are some sprites i did,

I was sad that Ninetails didn't have a special shiny, i molded it after a black and green ninetails i saw on google

Typhlosion was my first edit it originally was just the shiny that came with the game but with white fire, i think i liked it more than this one

Umbreon was upsetting to see unchanged as well so i tried something with it, but i was also thinking like a white and green bit idk Ima play with it

post-54006-0-02719000-1431455407_thumb.png

post-54006-0-55710600-1431455407_thumb.png

post-54006-0-95291800-1431455407_thumb.png

post-54006-0-45848500-1431455408_thumb.png

post-54006-0-95201500-1431455408_thumb.png

post-54006-0-16295900-1431455409_thumb.png

Edited by Solace

They are well done, but note that most sprites of early generations have been done already. The only generation that hasn't been completed yet is Generation 5. You can use them for your own games, however, simply replace them with the original shiny files in your Pokemon Reborn/Graphics/Battlers folder.

Do ya'll mind some minor alterations on current/accepted shiny sprites? If not, lemme know and I'll remove if possible. :P

I actually didn't like uses of Reborn's four colors on shiny Metang/Metagross, so I changed them to the same colors of the shiny line's eyes. I do like black colors though, so that stays. Am very happy with it, even though it's my first time messing with sprites, lol.

post-48640-0-19229600-1431997002_thumb.png

post-48640-0-45787000-1431997002_thumb.png

post-48640-0-76569300-1431997002_thumb.png

No reason to remove them! (though, as attached images, you may find your capacity maxed out eventually. I prefer image hosting and using links to insert images)

I wrote it down on the list after seeing a different modification somewhere else the other day, but Slugma and Magcargo lend themselves pretty nicely to becoming slime-type things rather than lava. I was going to do that as a base concept for their shininess, unless the blue slugma is particularly favored?

Personally me and my group that are playing think shiny Magcargo looks fantastic. So what's the idea behind this? The community is taking over shiny development in time or are we simply leaving criticism? I'm a bit confused personally.

Anyways, as for a Pokemon I think needs a change... I'd say I think Swampert definitely needs an update. I don't really think many people will really like the whole green thing, I don't personally either.

On a slightly less important note, I think Ninetales shiny is.. alright. Like it's not bad but I feel like it's a bit lacking and could be improved. Not to mention it's a pain to get a shiny one so I feel it might slightly deserve a bit more attention.

Edited by Howin

Okay, so, to few folks' complaints with Umbreon, I gave it a go.

Mind you I am fond of black and green themes, and well, they're more for personal uses than being official Reborn shiny since Ame already accepted a shiny sprite for Umbreon. :s I'll try and mess around with some wanted shiny alteration Ame put up at some point, but I'm still a n00b (thus me messing around older generation sprites). I also inverted the colors (front sprite only) to see the Umbreon with non-black body, but I'm iffy with it (plus it's a bit of a mess, since I never did such an extreme change in a sprite). Personally I prefers the one with green stripes on black body.

Lemme know what you think. Thanks.

EDIT: To Howin, for the Ninetales sprite, I actually did try and mess with it. One of the reasons why you may be iffy with it, is that the front and back sprites are two different shades of colors. :s One is more blue and the other is more purple. So, yes, Ninetales at the very least need some adjustments. Personally, I'd like to see it more blue than white though. Imperial did a great job with Ninetales, but I feel it was maybe too much with red and black contrasts to my personal tastes. -shrugs- I'd like to try and toy around with Ninetales' colors at some point though. And, yes, Swarpert is a bit odd with green colors, but I think whoever made the sprites were trying to go for swamp colors. I'm okay with it though.

And lastly, from what I saw, including Ame and mods' comments, the thread are for both contributing shiny sprite colors and criticisms. :)

post-48640-0-80134900-1432168100_thumb.png

post-48640-0-19369100-1432168102_thumb.png

post-48640-0-17024300-1432168114_thumb.png

post-48640-0-52519700-1432168653_thumb.png

Edited by UnderwaterPhantom

Personally me and my group that are playing think shiny Magcargo looks fantastic. So what's the idea behind this? The community is taking over shiny development in time or are we simply leaving criticism? I'm a bit confused personally.

Anyways, as for a Pokemon I think needs a change... I'd say I think Swampert definitely needs an update. I don't really think many people will really like the whole green thing, I don't personally either.

On a slightly less important note, I think Ninetales shiny is.. alright. Like it's not bad but I feel like it's a bit lacking and could be improved. Not to mention it's a pain to get a shiny one so I feel it might slightly deserve a bit more attention.

Yep, yep, we do both! Criticisms are welcome, because maybe something was thought of that we missed, and maybe it looks cooler! Of course, eventually it should be finalized, but it's not yet, completely.

Okay, so, to few folks' complaints with Umbreon, I gave it a go.

Mind you I am fond of black and green themes, and well, they're more for personal uses than being official Reborn shiny since Ame already accepted a shiny sprite for Umbreon. :s I'll try and mess around with some wanted shiny alteration Ame put up at some point, but I'm still a n00b (thus me messing around older generation sprites). I also inverted the colors (front sprite only) to see the Umbreon with non-black body, but I'm iffy with it (plus it's a bit of a mess, since I never did such an extreme change in a sprite). Personally I prefers the one with green stripes on black body.

Lemme know what you think. Thanks.

EDIT: To Howin, for the Ninetales sprite, I actually did try and mess with it. One of the reasons why you may be iffy with it, is that the front and back sprites are two different shades of colors. :s One is more blue and the other is more purple. So, yes, Ninetales at the very least need some adjustments. Personally, I'd like to see it more blue than white though. Imperial did a great job with Ninetales, but I feel it was maybe too much with red and black contrasts to my personal tastes. -shrugs- I'd like to try and toy around with Ninetales' colors at some point though. And, yes, Swarpert is a bit odd with green colors, but I think whoever made the sprites were trying to go for swamp colors. I'm okay with it though.

And lastly, from what I saw, including Ame and mods' comments, the thread are for both contributing shiny sprite colors and criticisms. :)

Don't worry! You're good. The "wanted" shiny alterations are guidelines that generally come from community ideas/Ame's idea/past obligations(take rainbow unicorn Samurott for example...) and things of those natures. It's not wholly necessary that your shiny ideas follow these guides, though do keep in mind that they were chosen for a reason (because it's what's wanted). However, there are some shinies that did not have very definitive suggestions, such as Beartic previously (using this as an example because it's one I thought of something for), which left a lot more free range on brainstorming. Once again, however, feel free to contribute what you make so long as they are still accepting shiny edits!

And as a final note, I suppose this is as good a thread as any to post your shinies of this kind, but if you want to contribute to the current priority as far as shinies go, head over to the 5th Gen Shiny Thread where we are currently working on the last gen that needs them (if I recall correctly. Though we may almost be done there are certainly some sprites that could use a fresh set of eyes!). The semi-updated list of what is needed is in the OP there, but I wouldn't go by that alone. If not just to look at all the pretty shinies (like that Volcarona), I recommend scrolling through the thread to see what people have worked on, and reading Ame's recap posts on what has been accepted already or not (of course, that is not to say that changes are 100% impossible, I think. After all, you are suggesting changes here). Thank you for your help and interest! :]

Edited by Pixl

what about a lighter umbreon? i think it'd go well with the current shiny espeon, since they're counterparts (day/night). here are some quick tries

8ZSB4Ej.pngBbKae4Z.pngq4cIe4x.png3wTUqlJ.png

also, i was never too much of a fan of water-types whose shinies are pink colored. i get that, on azumarill's case, its mainly due to being part fairy, but im still not too fond of it, so here's a reverse azumarill. and blood splatter cause why not lol

5nbSWQB.pngHZJpfKZ.png

So wait can we post custom shinys we make here o3o?

I made a quick shiny sableye resprite:

uetYBAE.png

There wasnt much i could do in terms of changing sprite pallete, this one was a fast one so who knows i might make better but i think it looks good, put the sapphire colour on his body the ruby eyes and a green gem on the front with an emerald an amethyst and a ruby in his back.

Thinking of adding extra stuff, such as claws of gems or even other accessories to emphasize its diet

Edited by Arkenciel Zeno