Venam Gym Glitch

SupremeCinnabon

So after I finished the garbage gang battle, I didn't do the gym I instead went to route 1 and did the Melia story stuff and after getting clapped by the rift gyarados and finishing up that stuff, I searched for route 2 and saw Ren standing outside Venam's Gym. I tried talking to him but I walked through his sprite, so I entered the gym and the first gym trainer said I beat Venam. Confused I continued to route 2 and finished the rift galvantula fight (Venam carried) and I noticed that Ren mentioned the second gym yet I hadn't done the 1st one  so after the depression cutscene, I rushed to the gym was told I beat it yet I don't have the badge, the lvl cap is still 18, and now I'm wondering if there's a way fix the issue without reseting?

1 hour ago, SupremeCinnabon said:

So after I finished the garbage gang battle, I didn't do the gym I instead went to route 1 and did the Melia story stuff and after getting clapped by the rift gyarados and finishing up that stuff, I searched for route 2 and saw Ren standing outside Venam's Gym. I tried talking to him but I walked through his sprite, so I entered the gym and the first gym trainer said I beat Venam. Confused I continued to route 2 and finished the rift galvantula fight (Venam carried) and I noticed that Ren mentioned the second gym yet I hadn't done the 1st one  so after the depression cutscene, I rushed to the gym was told I beat it yet I don't have the badge, the lvl cap is still 18, and now I'm wondering if there's a way fix the issue without reseting?

Probably not? How did you even get to route 1 and for that matter, route 2, before Venam? That should be impossible! Are you maybe playing on an not updated version or something? 

You could load an old save from before you went to route 1, this would at least reduce the amount of resetting you would need to do. You can do this by going into the save shortcut folder, then renaming one of the backup saves to whatever your save file is called, it will need to be renamed to "Game.rxdata" but only if this is your first save, If you have multiple save files then be sure to rename it to whatever number of save file you are on, so I.E. if this is your second save then it would be "Game_2.rxdata" instead. Hope that helps. 

a person with debug could debug a first badge into your save file. That is if you can get someone who has it. I personally do not have it but someone esle may be willing to help. I would do the save file replacement thing.

15 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

Probably not? How did you even get to route 1 and for that matter, route 2, before Venam? That should be impossible! Are you maybe playing on an not updated version or something? 

You could load an old save from before you went to route 1, this would at least reduce the amount of resetting you would need to do. You can do this by going into the save shortcut folder, then renaming one of the backup saves to whatever your save file is called, it will need to be renamed to "Game.rxdata" but only if this is your first save, If you have multiple save files then be sure to rename it to whatever number of save file you are on, so I.E. if this is your second save then it would be "Game_2.rxdata" instead. Hope that helps. 

I was playing on a friend's computer I started on the previous version when I did the sewer stuff then he downloaded the new version, I was lost so I wondered around till I found Melia and that was that

That explains it. The early game storyline was significantly revised between V12-V13 to the point that lots of things break if you continue a V12 early game save into V13. I believe Jan has said that you shouldn’t continue your save if you have less than 9 badges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SupremeCinnabon said:

I was playing on a friend's computer I started on the previous version when I did the sewer stuff then he downloaded the new version, I was lost so I wondered around till I found Melia and that was that

Yeah then that is why. The early game got reworked, in V12, you went to the sewers then to route 1, then to gym 1, but in V13, you go into the sewers, then gym 1. So yeah, you probably need to start over...

• Thanks 1