Trick Room team

Manveru

Hello,

I've started playing Rejuvenation some time ago. My mons are currently level 60, I'll be fighting Erick soon. The team I currently using is the following:

Oranguru (the only TR setter available I think? Other than Porygon-Z who doesn't really fit TR imo)

Brave, HP/DEF max

Psychic, Foul Play, Calm Mind, Trick Room

Hariyama (Fake Out is HUGE and has been immensly useful, especially in doubles)

Adamant, HP max, Thick Fat

Close Combat, Bulldoze, Fake Out, Knock Off

Lapras (Aevian)

Brave, HP/ATK Max, No Guard

Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, Zap Cannon, Sing

Milotic (Aevian)

Brave, HP/ATK max

Toxic, Poison Jab, Play Rough, Gunk Shot

Crawdaunt

Adamant, HP/ATK max, Adaptability

Crabhammer, Crunch, Swords Dance, Rock Tomb

Clefable (absolute clutch mon and saved me many times)

Bold, HP/DEF max, Magic Guard

Moonblast, Moonlight, Stored Power, Cosmic Power

There's plenty of game ahead of me, but to anyone experienced with Trick Room teams, please provide some feedback. I'm mostly interested in:

- are those movesets ok or should I aim for something else, out of things I have available at the moment (pre-Erick)?

- any mons I'll meet in the future that would improve this team?

Thanks for reading.

Not sure why you would keep both Poison Jab and Gunk Shot on Milotic, you either go for reliability with Jab or power with Gunk, both are redundant. 

Lapras is also a more generalized pokemon by stats and unless you like him a lot i would change him in terms of effectiveness for something that benefits your type matchup. 

I would probably add an Electric or Ground pokemon instead, Magnezone, Ampharos or Vikavolt are great elec options. Abomasnow (dont remember if you can meet him before Eric tho) is a great Grass choice that helps your coverage too. Freezing water is always nice and he is a Doubles slayes with 100% accurate Blizzards (also plus of freezing water surfaces). 

Also in the future consider

1) Crested Rampardos, it's a nigh unstoppable nuke in Trick Room.

2) Eruption Torkoal. Just this. 

3) Rhyperior. Absolute monstrocity.

Also i would consider changing Hariyama for Mienshao when you can since having at least 1 really speedy mon helps for when you run out of Trick Room, and he still gets Fake Out for doubles. 

• Thanks 1

My plan is to replace Poison Jab with Coil at 67. I wanted to run some coverage but Milotic's offense is not high enough to get reliable KOs without STAB.

Lapras is actually ridiculously good because of No Guard. 100% accurate Sing is so awesome. Rock Slide is also great for doubles. And he has the bulk to take a super effective hit. But it's true that his coverage is kinda redundant. I think Aevian Ampharos would actually be great here instead, thunder and blizzard with accuracy boosting item. I'll try it out.

Mienshao is a great idea also. I will also try one of the rock types instead of Clefable and see how it goes.

Thanks for the input!

Hi! Just wanted to mention a few things as someone who really likes using Trick Room. These are general thoughts though and not advice for Erick. 

ABOUT TR SETTERS

1. As mentioned, Oranguru is one of the only three setters in Rejuvenation right now. (And probably the only viable one.) You can get Smeargle a little bit after Erick's gym and that can learn Trick Room via Sketch. I'm not entirely sure of Smeargle's viability though. 
  2. If you're hard set on TR, your other option is to have two Orangurus. 
  3.  Another recommendation is to have a hybrid team where you have a "trick room" mode and a Pokemon or two as back-up when Trick Room is down, and you're not able to set it up. 

POKEMON RECOMMENDATIONS 

1. Follow Me/Rage Powder support: In doubles, there are times where you want to draw all the aggro away from Oranguru, especially if you're in a situation where both enemy Pokemon can K.O. Oranguru. It also creates opportunities for set-up.  Amoongus (Rage Powder), Butterfree (Rage Powder), Vivillon (Rage Powder), and Pachirisu (Follow Me) are options that come to mind. I would recommend Indeedee to create a Psychic Terrain core too, but I think there's a bug right now where it only learns the male Indeedee moveset. 
  2. Oranguru: I'd recommend having another Oranguru or making room for Instruct in doubles, especially if you're running Eruption/Water Spout/Blizzard related strats. If you decide to make room for Instruct in the Oranguru you currently have, I'd drop Calm Mind. It's not a fast enough boost to really matter. In trick room, every turn counts, especially since the only way to extend TR turns is for it to hold an Amplified Rock, and there are times where you'd rather have it hold a berry or a seed. 
  3. Special Coverage: You're lacking in special coverage. To be fair, slow special attackers aren't that common, but here are a few to consider: 
    1. Torkoal: Slow sun setter with Eruption. 
    2. Abomasnow: As mentioned by Cyphre, Blizzard spam is powerful. Plus, in Erick's battle, you can freeze the field with it. You also lack ground resist, and being part grass type, this could be a decent option for a ground resist. 
    3. The electric types mentioned by Cyphre are good options too. Lapras is actually really nice with that No Guard Sing Utility. If anything, I'm more inclined to drop Milotic. I don't think it really hits hard enough to really justify using it besides as an anti-Fairy Pokemon, and it needs Coil for it to be really threatening. If you're looking to cover an Anti-Fairy niche, there's Perserker who gets Fake Out and is a Steel type. 
  4. Crawdaunt: If you can, I think you should breed Aqua Jet onto Crawdaunt. STAB priority is nice, especially when Trick Room expires. 
  5. A-Marowak: If you can find a Thick Club, Alolan Marowak is also a good option as a Trick Room attacker. Besides that recommendation, Cyphre's recommendations are good as well. 
  6. Healing Wish: This is more of a tech option to consider having in your PC box. Healing Wish is nice in certain situations where everything goes wrong. You can fully heal a Pokemon you have in the back when you can't set up TR again or you can use it to heal and pivot into your TR setter. Lopunny and G-Rapidash are the users that come to mind, but for a full list, you can check serebii or bulbapedia. 
  • Thanks 1

I'm already after Florin, so Erick is not relevant anymore :P

Agreed about Instruct, as soon as I come back from GDC, I'll visit move relearner. One Oranguru should be enough tho, I have Amplified Rock so my TR lasts a very long time. The only fight so far where I had serious trouble setting up TR was against Rift Chandelure, but managed to pull it off in the end.

I see Torkoal mentioned again, problem is that this game uses Gen 7 movesets for older pokes so Torkoal doesn't get Eruption unless I breed, and I'm very lazy. Same reason I don't have Aqua Jet on Crawdaunt, even though I know it would benefit me. I'm also worried that these two have anti-synergy (Drought and water attacks) and there is no way I'm dropping Craw for anything. I am, however, using A-Ampharos now in place of Clefable and he's awesome.

I definetly wanted to use A-Marowak but is it actually available in V13? I only found normal ones. Checked the walkthrough also and couldn't find it. 

I finally settled on Oranguru as TR setter, Amoongus as support with Rage Powder/Spore, Crawdaunt, A-Marowak and A-Ampharos as sweepers, and Cinderace as my "fast sweeper outside of TR" option. Currently after stomping Puppet Master.  Again, thanks for the help everyone.