Why i perma loose ?

nasme

Hello guys, i have some questions about pokemon stats and battle. ( maybee some spoils so carefull )

I manage do get to the part of the story were we fight the the Spiritual Healer Souta ( sky field ) and his fast Sky pokemon and i keep loosing.

I try Gravity, i try trick room, i try to have my own Sky pokemon, i keep loosing.

Every time i'm struggling i go to youtube to see how others manage their fight. What i was surprise about is that every one has pokemon with amazing max stats. I suppose 

this is what IV and EV are, i dont really know.

But my pokemon are just basic. Sure i have some pokemon with decent stats but its far from amazing stats.

So i there something i'm missing here ? How i am suppose to defeat this guy and the next after that, if my pokemon get one shot, even those suppose to resist to sky attack ?

I hope i am clear and my english is not so hard to read,

Thanks for you'r time and have a nice day :)

well for starters, what is the team you are trying to use for the battle and what difficulty are you playing on, also is this your first time playing rejuvenation?

dont worry about telling me their moves for now, just the team you are using and their levels compared to souta

A good tactic is to use the seed that gives your team tailwind on the first round to counter his tailwind (don't remember which one it is, but his lead uses it too so you can learn it from there). It's also a good idea to get a mon or multiple with smack down, as it turns the field from sky to mountain. Though you might need to repeat it if he changes it again, so move accordingly.

Well i have play and almost finish Reborn a long time ago so i'm not really new in this world, but i'm maybee a beginner in pokemon strat.

I play at the normal difficulty. At least not the hardest.

As for my team its hard to say because i switch every time i loose. But i can try to say :

Magnezone to kill the Skarmory in two turn. 

but after that, Magnezone get one shot by Hiden Power ( ground ) of Oricorio.

Then my other pokemon will be something like Eelektross, Toxtricity, Vikavolt.

For the other i try Porygon, Grimmsnarl ( for fake out and Sucker Punch ). Even Crobat.

No matter wich one i'll use, they get out speed and / or one shot.

I try Tailwind too but its making no difference.

EDIT : The field i think you say is the synthetic field. As for Smack Down i can use it but then i probably get one shoted and i have to do it again and die again...

Edited by nasme

I think the first time I played, I ended up using Trick Room approach & after I set it up, a Gigalith using Nature Power. Though, I got it to a decent (20 something) IVs & EV trained for atk & HP. But I think even if you fail to sweep through the whole team with that, you can clean up the rest. Make sure to use Amplified Rock on your Trick Roomer & Sharp Beak on Gigalith, I guess..?

Edited by nonsensei

im assuming your magnezone doesnt have sturdy correct? if they are getting 1shot by HP ground then its safe to assume thats the case, also does your grimmsnarl have prankster? if so teaching it defensive moves like light screen/reflect could also help........... i would also recommend teaching magnezone thunder wave if it doesnt already have it as well as using an ability capsule if you can acquire one to give it sturdy so it can live at least 1 hit guaranteed

Hurricane Noivern is also really good if you train its EVs.

I think it's the elemental seed that gives tailwind. Generally i put it on my second pokemon after i take out Skarmory.

Also don't worry too much, this fight nearly made me ragequit the game on my first playthrough, it's quite normal that you struggle.

I recomend you looking into EVs, they are quite important for fast sweeers and rejuvenation gives you rooms where you can train them easily ( even though you don't have access to it until you have Fly unlocked since you are locked in GDC i think).

Okay for the Gigalith strat i need to catch one, and teach him Nature Power. But you say you IV & EV train him, how ?

As for Magnezone you'r right i'm gonna ability capsul him and teach him Thunde Wave.

Grimmsarl have prankster yes but i never understand what is was until now. So thanks for that^^

I will try both of those strat when i can :D

EDIT : Yukineige you are right, i read about EV but i didn't understand, and i'm kind of stuck in GDC i think. One time i went to the first Garen City in the pokeheal, their is some rooms for EV but i cant do anything in those room so i forget about it.

Edited by nasme

If you grabbed the Power items from the EV training room, you can EV train at whichever Audino trainer with your 'mon holding the Power item (Power Bracer for atk & Weight for HP, in this case). With Power items, you will get 8 extra EV points for each defeated 'mon to the stat the Power item increases. So defeating 32 'mons will get you to max EV. If you bought Exp. All, you don't even need to use the 'mon you're training, it will still get the EV points.
Well, on a side note, Audinos will give you 2 EV points for HP by default, but it shouldn't be an issue in this particular case.
As for IVs, that's a pretty tedious work with breeding... you can probably skip that part & still get a favourable result.

Buuut uh-oh.. if you don't have anything from Gigalith line, then I don't think it's available at GDC arc. That said, you can find something with high atk stat, learning Nature Power & get a similar result, hopefully.

And to confirm, do you have the TM for Nature Power? If you don't, you're kinda screwed on this strat as it was obtained from the guy with the bus on route2 by showing him some 'mons.

Edited by nonsensei

Okay i'm strating to understand a little bit more about IV i think.

yes i have the TM.

But i think i'm gonna focusing on EV training when i figure it out because that's what is missing for my pokemon i think.

What i dont know is the item you are refering to, and the room. I think the room is the same one that i mention earlier i just need to go in it to confirm.

I suppose you can buy the item you need some where next to this room ? I need to raise a lot of stats... 

But its nice, i'm making progress at understanding the game :)

EDIT : i cant go to Garen City right now, that will be a problem for IV training right ?

Edited by nasme

The rooms back in the Gearen Lab. I don't think you can go back to Gearen in this part of the story, unfortunately. The Power items can be obtained in the training rooms for each stat. And you gain access to the rooms by buying the Cards for them in the AP shop.

The rooms are pretty helpful since each 'mon there gives 12 EV points by default for the stat the training room is for, making the process much faster, so make sure to use them when you get the chance.

You can learn more about EVs in this article: https://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

It's a bit long, but pretty easy to understand, but a real quick summary of EVs are that they're extra points for the stats of your Pokemon that you can gain defeating other Pokemon. Each stat can have a max of 252 EV & the total EVs you can get is 510 which means you can basically EV train 2 stats. And once you gained the EVs, you can't modify them except with some berries used to decrease them, so you will probably have to use those berries on your previous Pokemon if you want to EV train them. You can get those berries from the Lost Camp side quest once you got first upgrade.

Edited by nonsensei

51 minutes ago, nasme said:

Okay for the Gigalith strat i need to catch one, and teach him Nature Power. But you say you IV & EV train him, how ?

As for Magnezone you'r right i'm gonna ability capsul him and teach him Thunde Wave.

Grimmsarl have prankster yes but i never understand what is was until now. So thanks for that^^

I will try both of those strat when i can :D

EDIT : Yukineige you are right, i read about EV but i didn't understand, and i'm kind of stuck in GDC i think. One time i went to the first Garen City in the pokeheal, their is some rooms for EV but i cant do anything in those room so i forget about it.

yea basically prankster gives increased priority to moves that dont do any damage such as light screen and reflect, if you can manage to find a light clay give it that as well as that would prolong the duration of light screen/reflect, as for IV training, if you can access the hosiptal of hope in GDC i think you can take care of that there but i may be mistaken

1 minute ago, ArcBolt27 said:

yea basically prankster gives increased priority to moves that dont do any damage such as light screen and reflect, if you can manage to find a light clay give it that as well as that would prolong the duration of light screen/reflect, as for IV training, if you can access the hosiptal of hope in GDC i think you can take care of that there but i may be mistaken

Yeah, the Pokemon Hospital in Hope District gives you the opportunity to change IVs at will (and 10k money for each), but that will be only available around the end of chapter 14.

All right so little update here :

With a team who likes someting like that and their role :

Magnezone two turn kill Skarmory

Grimssnarl one shot Oricorio with sucker punch ( dark gem )

Magnezone tree turn kill Unfezant with some heal potions

TalonFlame for Tailwind then die facing Pidgeot

--- but after that ---

Pidgeot just kill / outspeed my team. Even with my Tailwind.

I try to fight it with Empoleon, togedemaru, Eelektross...

I think i just dont have the speed and the EV/IV to win this fight. But i cant train those if i cant go to GarenCity right ?

So i'm kind of stuck here.. Maybee i should try some rock pokemon but Gigalith cant be found and its the same issus, i will have to IV/EV train the pokemon, wich i cant.

So i'm once again asking for some light if anyone have an idea.

Thanks ;D

Edited by nasme

Okay that's a thing i can try soon as i can.

I was also thinking about destiny bond and memento but those pokemon get outspeed so nop.

Also with Skarmory using spykes i cant have the benefits of strudy or any item like that.

And i'm not sure if CloudNine work or if its bug. I dont see any difference when i use it.

I DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!

I DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!

I DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Here the team : TalonFlame ( GaleWings ) - Crobat - Eelektross - Magnezone ( Sturdy ) - Grimmsarnl ( Prankster ) - Stonjourner.

Here my strat :

First TalonFlame ( elemental field ) => Flamethrower on Skarmory, he live with 1hp then kill TalonFlame.

Grimmsnarl ( dark gem ) => SuckerPunch finish Skarmory

Unfezant come inn i switch for Stonjourner.

Stonjourner use Stealth Rock, then take a hit from Unfezant. I use revive on TalonFlame, then Stonjourner die.

I pop Magnezone to heal TalonFlame then i kill Unfezant.

He pop Oricorio but the stealth rock deal some damage, then i finish Oricorio with my Grimmsnarl SuckerPunch ( very effective and first attack )

He pop Pidgeot but the stealth rock deal a decent amont of damage, then he kill Magnezone.

I pop TalonFlame ( full life very important ) and use brave bird.

Now i dont remeber exatly how it went, but he only have Draconite and Swanna at this point.

So stealth rock + Crobat brave bird and Grimmsnarl Play Rought just kill Draconite very fast.

Eelektross can easly beat Swanna.

The key here are multiple adivce i receive ;

TalonFlame elemental field + StealthRock + some priority move like SuckerPunch or ability like GaleWings.

I'm so happy, thanks every one for the tips & advice, that's really help me.

Plus i learn more about IV and EV so thanks again.

Have a nice day guys, thanks :D