Evi Crystal

On discord, I saw a few users making their own Field Effects and my eye caught a few of them in the forums. So I started designing one during these days back then and showed them my result:

My first Custom Field Effect with the help from a friend for corrections and a few mini nerfs- for one of my Reborn OCs, Eliza Connal, (that will make an appearance and play a main role in my AU Rebornfic "Reborn: Chronicverse"), whose going to be the only one having that special field in her battles on several occasions during my AU story. After a long time, I decided to post it on the forums as well.

Here's the most notorious Field Effect (I ever created and scared a few) in the Reborn region along with the psychic trainer, that makes Sabrina looking like a Wooloo in comparison...

According to the gym challenges, that were successfully defeating all 18 Gym Leaders and barely managed to beat the first three trainers of Reborn's Elite Four with lots of strategy and tactic, were crushed by the last and fourth member in mere seconds to a painful struggle of 3 hours; in case you put a good fight... Only 9 trainers managed to get pass her, before their battle against the Champion.

The main reason was the field she was on and the way she fought her opponents, proven to be too strong to contain their power, sometimes getting out of control. Unlike the other league trainers, the fourth Elite 4 summons and controls the dangerous field by herself. Others admire it, others fear and loathe it. 

But she didn't care, as long it abinds to the league rules... However are they any left?

Enter Psychic E4 Trainer Eliza Connal and her Psychic Arena Field!

Let the terror of the minds crewing and nightmares begin. Hope you're ready to be wiped out!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"The psychic energy manifested the surroundings"

🔮Description🔮

The Psychic Arena Field is a much stronger version of the Psychic Terrain with some additional parts from the Electric Terrain. It's the signature field of Eliza Connal.

🔮Transitions from other Field Effects🔮

Only Eliza is capable of summoning this field with her psychic powers as she desires. This results a tremendous amount of them turning the surroundings around into a dark pink field area with purple or light blue glow spots/sparks.

🔮General Effects🔮

• Priority attacks that takes damage (ex. Aqua Jet, Fake Out), will always fail; be it grounded or airborne.

• Pokemon cannot fall asleep.

• All status conditions except Burn, Poison and confusion will always fail. 

• Dark type Pokemon lose their immunity against the Psychic type/attacks.

• Future Sight will be fired every 2 turns at the opposite side.

• All weather effects will be prevented on this field.

• Psychic- and Fairy attacks increase in base power 1.5x (The psychic aura boosted the attack!)

• Electric attacks increase in base power 1.3x and deals additional Fairy-type damage (The electric spots charged up the attack; the aura amplified it's power!)

• Bug/Dark/Ghost attacks recieve a decrease by 0.75x in both base power and damage (The immense psychic energy supresses the attack!)

🔮Abilities Affected🔮

• Telepathy & Cheek Pouch doubles a Pokemon's Speed.

• Volt Absorb restores 1/16 of their health each turn.

• Regenerator removes any type weakness.

• Competitive increases 20% chance for a +1 or +2 Crit Ratio.

• Surge Surfer & Galvanize are activated.

🔮Moves that increase in base power to 1.5x🔮

"The attack fights through the immense psychic energy!"

• Hex

• Hidden Power (regardless of the type)

• Magical Leaf

• Energy Ball

• Shadow Ball

• Aura Sphere 

• Signal Beam

• Aurora Beam

🔮Moves with amplified stat changes by 2 stages🔮

"<Pokemon's name/species> powering/charging up with immense energy!" 

• Calm Mind

• Charge

• Work Up

🔮Sound- based moves, that causes Eliza and her team Sensory Overload🔮

"The waves cause great distortion through the arena!" 

• Hyper Voice

• Bug Buzz

• Disarming Voice

• Snarl 

• Round

• Uproar

• Noble Roar

• Supersonic

• Echoed Voice

• Chatter 

🔮Transitions to other Field Effects🔮

This field will get terminated, if a Sound-based move is used 12 times or if Eliza passes out from immense Sensory Overload, before it reaches the goal. 

• 1-4th use ("The electric spots start to glow less bright!"): Electric attacks will gain 90% accuracy. 

• 5-9th use ("The Psychic energy makes the move become unstable!"): Special attacks will miss sometimes; causing the Pokemon to take 1/8 damage. 

• 10-12nd use ("The Psychic energy and electrospots hypercharges and unstablishes the attack!") : Psychic and Electric attacks increases 40% chance for a +2 Crit Ratio, but if misses, all Pokemon on the field will lose 1/3 of their HP ("All Pokemon on the field are in immense pain!"), save for these following conditions: 

• Pokémon behind Protect lose only 25% of their max HP ("<Pokemon's name/species> couldn’t fully protect itself from the immense psychic energy!"). 

• Pokemon behind Wide Guard are immune to the damage ("The immense barrier protects <Pokemon's name/species> and it's ally from the immense psychic collapse").

• Pokemon behind Spiky Shield recieve only 15% damage from their max HP and reflects 5% from it towards the opposite team ("<Pokemon's name/species> couldn’t fully protect itself, but the shield deflects some psychic energy back to the opposite team!").

🔮Other Moves🔮

• Nature Power will become Psycho Boost.

• Secret Power will cause paralysis.

• Electrioweb lowers a Pokemon's speed by 2 stages.

• Camouflage changes the user's type to Fairy.

• Charge applies Sp. Attack & Attack by stages by 2 additional to their normal effect.

• Enables Aurora Veil even without using Hail or Snow Warning.

• Zap Cannon bypasses the accuracy.

• Light Screen, Reflect and Aurora Veil lasts for 16 turns.

🔮Seed Usage🔮

• When consuming a Magic Seed, the Sp. Def & Def by 3 stages and applied Protect.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

If you want to get past Eliza and her psychic Pokemon, than this mind come in handy. Especially, when you're a hostile target or an eyesore to her... Good Luck, trainer....

*Takes a deep breath* Aaand we're done with this... Phew, that was a lot to write, but I'm satisfied and happy to share this with you guys😪🙂

Remember to send feedback, constructive criticism and comment your thoughs, what to you think.

• Upvote 2

I imagine Radomus just holding a sheet of paper with this written on it, sipping tea, and trying to figure out what it truly is, how would it work in practice, and why the main user has the name so similiar to Sigmund's deceased sister...

From what have I seen, this field definetly favors Psychic types, but also Electric and Fairy ones too, with some boosts to Sound-based moves. But the only way to change/terminate it is to... wait... WHich is unique, I'll give you that.

Yet, some aspects ARE broken, like... Screens lasting 16 turns?! If opponent doesn't bring Brick Break, Defog or anything like that, there'll be some problems.

16 hours ago, Evi Crystal said:

🔮Moves with amplified stat changes by 2 stages🔮

How should I understand that? That the stat changes are doubled? Or all stat changes are powered up by 2 additional stages (fe.: Calm Mind increases SpA and SpD by 3 stages instead of 1). If the latter is true, then... mega OP

16 hours ago, Evi Crystal said:

🔮Seed Usage🔮

• When consuming a Magic Seed, the Sp. Def & Def by 3 stages and applied Protect

Okay, that's definetly too broken. 

Increasing defenses by x2,5, AND giving a free turn to set up?! Even I'm not that kind of monster.

But I now want to create my own field too. You have "upgraded" my idea, so now it's my turn to "upgrade" yours

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

Im debating on this:

Should a I post one of my many fields in here, or not?

34 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

But I now want to create my own field too. You have "upgraded" my idea, so now it's my turn to "upgrade" yours

Yes, you can do that on the forums! It will awaken some curiosity as well and it's pretty fun to share your creative work there. I recommend you doing that😊😁👍🏼

10 hours ago, Wilder said:

This field is pretty crazy and complex. I think I would be scared as much as I would be intrigued to test this out.

Yes it is true, Wilder. Even I, who created that custom field kinda shivers from imagining this in actual gaming sometimes😳😖

Luckily, this happens during my AU Rebornfic only, so you can be relieved and spared from nightmares😇

29 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Yet, some aspects ARE broken, like... Screens lasting 16 turns?! If opponent doesn't bring Brick Break, Defog or anything like that, there'll be some problems.

Eliza's full of suprises and will show you the true power of her abilities along with her psychic team. No mercy and a quick end, just a battle of control and power struggle in her matches, where she can analyze you😈

P.S: "Defog and Brick Break is mandatory against Eliza!"

~ From an anonymous and random gym challenger.

Spoiler

Sometimes it does make her forget the stress and anything that bothers her, so Eliza doesn't care if some people find her field unfair and was actually approved as long she doesn't go overboard... 

41 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Okay, that's definetly too broken. 

Increasing defenses by x2,5, AND giving a free turn to set up?! Even I'm not that kind of monster.

Uhm... The Fairy Tale Field's Seed usage has also to do with a free setup protection, but with King's Shield. Plus the seed effects of the Starlight Arena Field applies the Lunar Dance effect and can pass it down to another Pokemon or something🥴🤔

44 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

From what have I seen, this field definetly favors Psychic types, but also Electric and Fairy ones too, with some boosts to Sound-based moves. But the only way to change/terminate it is to... wait... WHich is unique, I'll give you that.

Thx. Consider, that Eliza's is the summoner of her signature field than rather getting activated by other means, so having her getting knocked out from the sheer sensory overload stops that and that's one of the two only possibilities to win. That's why, I include the sound moves for a... more balance conditions for the challengers

For the types, the Electric types are a nod of her father, Sigmund and due to the effects of being in his "ECT" therapy (an extra boost for control) you could say... Plus for not having only pure Psychic Pokemon