Help an older player out with the new version (v13) - New content

Vaggelis

I recently updated from v12 to the latest version and it seems that a whole ton of new stuff was added (dens, crests, new tms, revamped routes and new content in general).

I would like to get into all this stuff but i couldn't find any changelog to see what was added and I wouldn't like to start a new save.

Could someone point me out where to find information in all this? Especially regarding red essence and dens (since the event explaining them seems to have happened after goldenleaf town)

you can look up a hunderdpercent guide, but i really do reccomend starting over again, the early game got changed so much, there are now actual dialogue options, new broken starters. Cinderace is so broken with the possibility of highjumpkick, pyro blast,suckerpunch and mayby bounce for terrain changes with the broken protean or the gen 8 term liber abilitiy. The other broken starter is Rillaboom with an abillity that put a broken field with the field, that essentially grants it a choiceband for the first four turns. There is also a new sense of exploration since a shit ton of maps have changed. As someone who has played throught the game in v12 two times and once through v13 with a new save i can definitely tell it is worth to reset. if you do not want to spend like 9 weeks on a playthrough you can play on a easier mode than before. But hey, If you still want to continue your old savefile. Here's the guide :

you can also watch leo on youtube

Here he gives an example on how the den systhem works, ,

hope this helps

I think you can find what you're looking for in the Hub of the Rejuvenation's part of this forum. Plus, I suggest you to restart the game, it got so much changes: maps, timeline order, characters you can choose, sidequests,... So many changes that it's difficult to write them here.

Oh another thing you should keep an eye out is the fact that certain encounters have changed, for example rockruff isn't available all the way till route 9 iirc so with a different variety of mons available, as well as new teams with gen 8 pokemon, you'll certainly have a new type of challenge when starting afresh.