Legacy Sprites Clothes-change Error

Charon

Okay, so I chose to enter the code to use Legacy sprites at the beginning of the game. No issues or bugs so far. I've gotten to the point where you first go to the past with Melia, and am now at the point where you're supposed to change clothes to progress the story.

Problem is, if I choose to change clothes it just changes my sprite from the Legacy version to the current version. From there I can change between the two forms of the current character sprite, but even with debug I can't find a way to change back to the Legacy one, and as far as I can tell I can't progress the story without choosing to change clothes.

Can anyone help me with this?

13 hours ago, Charon said:

Okay, so I chose to enter the code to use Legacy sprites at the beginning of the game. No issues or bugs so far. I've gotten to the point where you first go to the past with Melia, and am now at the point where you're supposed to change clothes to progress the story.

Problem is, if I choose to change clothes it just changes my sprite from the Legacy version to the current version. From there I can change between the two forms of the current character sprite, but even with debug I can't find a way to change back to the Legacy one, and as far as I can tell I can't progress the story without choosing to change clothes.

Can anyone help me with this?

In the Introduction speech, the code to enable legacy skins applies a script that sets the player outfit to "2". The box that changes your clothes either set this prop to "1" or to "0" and then updates the 259th variable in debug mode "OUTFIT" to the same value.

So what you can do

- change clothes to progress in the story and in debug mode change this property to 2

- if it doesn't work, open the game using RPG maker and in Aevium (past) -> Amberette town -> amberette town -> clothes box script, update 1 of the scripts to set the prop to 2

- ignore the whole clothes thing and just set the 246th variable in debug mode "Post8thBadge" to 11. then save / close / reload the game to apply i guess

I think I can do it for you if you want, just drop your savefile :)

I

3 hours ago, LKyuusei said:

In the Introduction speech, the code to enable legacy skins applies a script that sets the player outfit to "2". The box that changes your clothes either set this prop to "1" or to "0" and then updates the 259th variable in debug mode "OUTFIT" to the same value.

So what you can do

- change clothes to progress in the story and in debug mode change this property to 2

- if it doesn't work, open the game using RPG maker and in Aevium (past) -> Amberette town -> amberette town -> clothes box script, update 1 of the scripts to set the prop to 2

- ignore the whole clothes thing and just set the 246th variable in debug mode "Post8thBadge" to 11. then save / close / reload the game to apply i guess

I think I can do it for you if you want, just drop your savefile :)

I'll give it a try on my own once I get back to my computer, sounds fairly straightforward. Hopefully it should fix it!

Messing around with the Outfit Variable 259 didn't appear to do anything no matter what number I set it to, before or after changing clothes. I ended up just skipping past it with Variable 246, which seems to have done the trick for now.