Found a Softlocked Bug in Blacksteeple Castle

Jatovi

Hello! So i was playing through the Blacksteeple Castle story when there's a part that can softlock your game. When you are tasked to get the key from the warden when you enter the castle there are guards on the floor, people fighting etc. And you go up to the wardens room to confront them. Well if you leave the room that you entered the castle and then go back in everything goes back to normal like if nothing had happened, and the smoke goes away and the room to the warden is locked preventing you from progressing. Thank god i dint save but poor souls that did. I post screenshots comparing the 2 scenarios. 

asx.png

afas.png

afasdfa.png

adfas.png

asfda.png

Edited by Jatovi

Actually, you should be able to proc the cutscene again by entering from somewhere. There was a similar bug at the end of the blacksteeple story, where before the Neved fight you couldn't access the pc. If you went outside and came back everything was normal again, you could get your Pokémon, then by reentering the courtyard from the west entrance the cutscenes played anew and the story would continue

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, TempestXD said:

I am soft locked too like I am in the alternate future and chose the wrong choice and am stuck  and cant get out of the chair

Screenshot 2022-02-23 170003.png

bruh. I literally told you how to fix it in the other post you made. Go look at that lol

I will copy and paste what I said there: 

Yeah you need to load an old save, the devs have not fixed this for whatever reason... Check the save file shortcut folder and rename one of the backups to whatever your save is called (should be something like Game.rxdata)

The correct choice is said by Meilane in ORANGE TEXT, so do that instead if you want the best result. If your too lazy to read the text, then the best option is to 

Spoiler

let the timer run out.