Ryland [casual mode] swept through my team

WarmRoll

Ok I'm back with a new problem...

Ryland battle

Oh gosh I only did this twice but it just keeps swepting with my team 

Even tho I have covered their weakness (fighting water steel and grass) THE RYPHERIOR OHKO all of my team 

What should I do??

1 hour ago, SharlaSmith44 said:

He swept my team at first, because his Rhyperior's Sturdy + Weakness Policy just destroyed me.  So I toxic stalled him, then Giga drained until Coalossal came out 

I don't know his teams on Casual but I would probably go for a Hitmonlee with Fake Out + High Jump Kick on that Rhyperior, the Fake Out to break Sturdy safely and then the High Jump Kick to finish him off

2 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

I don't know his teams on Casual but I would probably go for a Hitmonlee with Fake Out + High Jump Kick on that Rhyperior, the Fake Out to break Sturdy safely and then the High Jump Kick to finish him off

That was on Casual :s

3 hours ago, SharlaSmith44 said:

That was on Casual :s

Yes, I know, on regular and Intense he doesn't have a Rhyperior, so I am saying that because the only info on his team I have so far is the one you gave, the Rhyperior.. Guess I will check the wiki and see the rest of his team, if available..

OK so a A-Dugtrio, Runerigus, Rhyperior, Golurk and Torterra, right?
Doesn't seem too hard tbh.. It looks like as long as you can outspeed and kill everything it should be easy aside from the Sturdy Rhiperior and I already gave you a good strat for that.. I suppose a Water Pokemon that can learn Scald would be good since the desert terrain enhances this one water move in particular, aside from that a Grass team should be good too, I guess, the Torterra is the tricky one tho' since the crest swaps it's weakness so a Rock type like Lycanrok with Stone Edge should be good enough to OHKO it, frankly, much more manageable than normal difficulty since he has that annoying Claydol with Crest and mons with Sand Rush (having PTSD remembering his Excadrill)

Anyway hope that helps

2 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Yes, I know, on regular and Intense he doesn't have a Rhyperior, so I am saying that because the only info on his team I have so far is the one you gave, the Rhyperior.. Guess I will check the wiki and see the rest of his team, if available..

OK so a A-Dugtrio, Runerigus, Rhyperior, Golurk and Torterra, right?
Doesn't seem too hard tbh.. It looks like as long as you can outspeed and kill everything it should be easy aside from the Sturdy Rhiperior and I already gave you a good strat for that.. I suppose a Water Pokemon that can learn Scald would be good since the desert terrain enhances this one water move in particular, aside from that a Grass team should be good too, I guess, the Torterra is the tricky one tho' since the crest swaps it's weakness so a Rock type like Lycanrok with Stone Edge should be good enough to OHKO it, frankly, much more manageable than normal difficulty since he has that annoying Claydol with Crest and mons with Sand Rush (having PTSD remembering his Excadrill)

Anyway hope that helps

I'll try to do that either the grass team (I don't think I have alot of grass types) or looking for a Lycanroc (Day,night or Dawn form?)

11 minutes ago, WarmRoll said:

Delphfox

Pangoro

Altaria (but I switced it with Mawile) (yeah not my brightest idea)

Floatzel

Venasaur

Luxray (switched with Milotic)

keep your luxray, electric attacks prolly will do 4x damage on his torterra, try to land one or hopefully 2 bullet punches from pangoro on rypherior and probably kill it with floatzel (easier said than done but try using the focus band or if u still have it, the focus sash), watch out for his gliscor and excadrill tho, delphox will probably be your most unusable pokemon in this battle so it'd be best to switch it with your milotic or if u have better water type options, imo it might be a risk but try going in with a swanna coz the flying type will help not get wrecked by an earthquake

26 minutes ago, DaWolfie said:

keep your luxray, electric attacks prolly will do 4x damage on his torterra, try to land one or hopefully 2 bullet punches from pangoro on rypherior and probably kill it with floatzel (easier said than done but try using the focus band or if u still have it, the focus sash), watch out for his gliscor and excadrill tho, delphox will probably be your most unusable pokemon in this battle so it'd be best to switch it with your milotic or if u have better water type options, imo it might be a risk but try going in with a swanna coz the flying type will help not get wrecked by an earthquake

No, the Luxray is a bad idea, the crest swapped WEAKNESSES not immunities, so Tortera (and pretty much ALL of his team) are still immune to Electric

I beat him on Intense with six underleveled Donphans with Endeavor+Sturdy+Ice Shard.

Just make sure to give a couple Rawst berries for the Heat Wave pokemon.

Poor chump doesn't have any ghosts or priority on Intense.

48 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

No, the Luxray is a bad idea, the crest swapped WEAKNESSES not immunities, so Tortera (and pretty much ALL of his team) are still immune to Electric

oh, ty for the info I didn't know immunities stayed the same, in that case, use an aerodactyl, rock type should be super effective

6 hours ago, DaWolfie said:

oh, ty for the info I didn't know immunities stayed the same, in that case, use an aerodactyl, rock type should be super effective

Ok I'll try with an Aerodactyl, Milotic and Swanna 

If I know where to get Aerodactyl I have Milotic and I think I know where to get Swanna

But what moveset would they have?

7 hours ago, WarmRoll said:

Ok I'll try with an Aerodactyl, Milotic and Swanna 

If I know where to get Aerodactyl I have Milotic and I think I know where to get Swanna

But what moveset would they have?

get old amber in west gearen and revive it at akuwa as for the moveset, just use rock blast and hope it hits 5 more than 3, if u max atk and speed evs, u will be able to probably finish torterra and force excadrill out