Question about shiny hunting static encounters

NopeUser

Hi, I'm pretty new to the game but loving it so far. I really want to get a shiny aipom from under the tree from route 2 I think, but I'm not sure if im doing it right. I can't see a definitive answer to this but sorry if it's been asked before.

Basically, the way I'm doing it right now is, encounter aipom, run, repeat. It looks like a new aipom every time as they change gender sometimes, but I'm not sure if I need to be killing the aipom to "spawn" a fresh encounter, or whether I have to reset the game every time. And is this true for all static mons?

Any help would be great thanks!

• Global Mods

Yes, it's generating a new pokemon and rerolling that shiny chance each time the battle starts, so that'll work.

And is this true for all static mons?

As for this, not all of them will stay there and be re-encounterable after running, but for any that do it should work. so just save beforehand in case they don't remain.  

3 hours ago, NopeUser said:

Hi, I'm pretty new to the game but loving it so far. I really want to get a shiny aipom from under the tree from route 2 I think, but I'm not sure if im doing it right. I can't see a definitive answer to this but sorry if it's been asked before.

Basically, the way I'm doing it right now is, encounter aipom, run, repeat. It looks like a new aipom every time as they change gender sometimes, but I'm not sure if I need to be killing the aipom to "spawn" a fresh encounter, or whether I have to reset the game every time. And is this true for all static mons?

Any help would be great thanks!

I got Shiny Aipom under the tree in Route 2, so you can find it, just run away or fast reset (F12).

Spoiler

I got Shiny Gothita like that, she's in a Poké Ball after defeating Crescent's Gothitelle in Sheridian.