Bellossom or Vileplume

MDM1 Beans

Hello all! Like the title suggests, I am debating what to do with my Gloom and was hoping to get some thoughts on which is the better choice.

My situation: I'm playing a new game and not resetting for Ivs/nature/ability, so while I understand there may be better grass types in a vacuum, my Gloom has by far the best combo of those things. I'm also at the point in the game where I go to Wispy Tower, with Narcissa soon to follow. I already have a Sun Stone, I don't know when a Grass Stone is available in this new version.

My thoughts: Vileplume has better much SpA, gets STAB on poison moves, has fewer weaknesses, and would have Effect Spore when I evolve it, but I don't know when that will be. Bellossom has better Def and SpD, learns Quiver Dance by level up and I can evolve it now, which is appealing knowing how tough Narcissa is going to be now that Flash doesn't change to the Holy Field anymore.

Does anyone have any thoughts or preferences?

yo use vileplume trust me there is nigh no reason to use bellosom unless you are gonna use quiver dance in which case might as well use vivlion or butterfree and if your in the late game just ditch both and use volcarona

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vum said:

yo use vileplume trust me there is nigh no reason to use bellosom unless you are gonna use quiver dance in which case might as well use vivlion or butterfree and if your in the late game just ditch both and use volcarona

That's what I was leaning towards, I just wasn't sure if people thought the extra defenses + quiver dance made Bellossom more useful.