Any ideas on beating Souta?

Arthesia

His typing, field and special move shuts down any strategy I've used in previous battles.

I'm wondering if it's realistic to beat him with any combination of these pokemon?

image.png.c384d195d19ca2955ac22b12a58356e9.png

If not, does anyone have recommendations for what I need to train up to beat him reliably?

I've tried using Smack Down. Seems pointless since it takes two uses to remove the field and then comes back immediately with one attack.

The best I've done so far is using Ditto to copy Skarmory and take down Dragonite with Tyranitar. But then Mega Pidgeot sweeps and I'm already down my best counters.

im sure its possible to beat him using the guys that you have now, granted his team may be different now (battled him a few versions ago) but I relied heaviliy on my ampharos which wasnt even ev trained lol and beat him with Twave + confuse ray basically. Assuming your on intense I'd find a bulky electric type to eat hits and paralyze his team, in conjuction with your own Rock/Steel/flying types to take advantage of the field and eat hits

I used aevium ampharos to para and slow his mons, if u have access to that. It also has reflect to reduce damage from sky attacks. If not u can try normal ampharos which u might have from the help center quest. Iirc normal ampharos learns light screen, too

My Mamoswine (Swinub from Angie's tower) had ice shard to pick off low health mons, especially the dragonite. Aevium milotic can tank a hit or two and hopefully poison his Pidgeot. Since the AI roosts when the pidgeot is low u can heal up your rock types or ampharos. All the best

Update: I managed to win. Will probably still grab an Ampharos.

Team: Slaking, Talonflame, Mawile, Meowstic, Tyranitar, Ditto

Turn 1: Slaking w/ Elemental Seed -> OHKO Final Gambit on Skarmory

Turn 2-6: Sacrifice Talonflame and Mawile to KO Unfezant

Turn 7-9: Sacrifice Meowstic w/ Elemental Seed to set up Screens and Tailwind

Turns 7+: Use Tyranitar and many ultra potions (15?) to KO Swanna (!), Oricorio (!!), and Dragonite (!!!)

Last turn: Send in Ditto w/ Elemental Seed to revenge kill Mega Pidgeot

Extremely hard fight.

Ironically the thing that souta is weakest to is your own bird spam. Especially on intense where the skarmory is replaced by a hawlucha, I don't think he had a single resistance to flying when I fought him on intense. Getting up my own tailwind and then hurricane+brave bird spamming him down made him one of the easier gym fights imo.